125th Session - live chat

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That said, I have a feeling the Olympic movement will go downhill after Rio 2016. It's like the last hurrah before humanity decided they had enough of it. Rio 2016 will be the Queen Elizabeth of the British monarchy. After she's gone, nobody will care for Charles or William being king. Same with Tokyo 2020 or any city after.

That said, I have a feeling the Olympic movement will go downhill after Rio 2016. It's like the last hurrah before humanity decided they had enough of it. Rio 2016 will be the Queen Elizabeth of the British monarchy. After she's gone, nobody will care for Charles or William being king. Same with Tokyo 2020 or any city after.

Isn't this a bit extreme ?

Tough luck for Madrid. I was so excited about the idea of a games there. Three rejections in a row from the IOC...pretty clear message I guess :( I just hope the bloodsuckers from Barcelona don't get their 2022 Winter Games or that'll be it for this century for the rest of Spain.

I'm glad Tokyo got the Games though.

Wait what?

Congrats to Tokyo but as an American desperately wanting an American or at least Canadian SOG the election of Tokyo is disheartening. 2022 is all but guaranteed to be Europe as is 2024. I don't see 2026 going to any of the Americas as well, the next time I see the games coming to the American Continents is 2028. A long 15 years away :(

And I really hope to see NYC bids again in 2024. That will be one amazing Games to look forward to if it's in NYC. Otherwise, 2024 should go to South Africa. Or Asia again provided it's a completely different region eg. Malaysia/ Thailand/ India.

NYC is probably the only American bid that would make any sense at all for 2024 and I think even that would probably be a losing battle.

Another alpha mega city has won. Where is the hope for the little cities of Tulsa, Baton Rouge. Toronto and Hambantota? :blink:

lmfao

BTW, Amarillo y Bimbo, donde estan uds??? :blink:

Busy having seizures.

Tough luck for Madrid. I was so excited about the idea of a games there. Three rejections in a row from the IOC...pretty clear message I guess :( I just hope the bloodsuckers from Barcelona don't get their 2022 Winter Games or that'll be it for this century for the rest of Spain.

A winter bid from Spain would make much more sense, though. I've said it all along. They'd have the "why" factor & it'd be cheaper to host. But I guess the stubbornness of the Castillian's keeps them from seeing the bigger picture.

Archived