125th Session - live chat

A Paris 2024 is NOT going to happen. It's all back to the southern Indian ocean again for 2024. I mean how can they NOT go for it? It's almost slotted for them!!

People are forgetting Toronto and Guadalajara (Mexico). If the Toronto Panamerican games went smooth in 2015 and if the Mexican economy looks to have a bright future both should be good bidders. But not favorites.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/sports/other/headlines/article/20130908-00000002-spnavi

2020年東京五輪決定! 56年ぶり2回目開催
スポーツナビ
2013年9月8日 5:21
 2020年夏季五輪の開催都市を決める国際オリンピック委員会(IOC)の第125次総会が7日(現地時間)、アルゼンチン・ブエノスアイレスで開かれ、東京での開催が決まった。日本で夏季五輪が行われるのは1964年以来56年ぶり2回目。冬季五輪の72年札幌、98年長野を含めると、22年ぶり4回目の日本開催となる。前回の16年五輪で落選した東京は2度目の挑戦で開催権を勝ち取った。

IOC委員による投票では、立候補した3都市のいずれも過半数を獲得することができず、1回での決定とはならなかった。イスタンブール(トルコ)とマドリード(スペイン)が同票で並んだため再投票が行われ、最少得票数のマドリードが落選。その後、東京とイスタンブールの決選投票が行われ、東京が開催都市に選ばれた。

投票前に行われた最終プレゼンテーションでは、東京は安倍晋三首相、猪瀬直樹・東京都知事、フェンシング男子の太田雄貴選手(森永製菓)らが熱弁をふるい、東京開催をアピールした。また、プレゼン冒頭には、高円宮妃久子さまが東日本大震災の復興支援への謝意を述べた。
【関連記事】

So there's still possibility a host city can be chosen on first attempt. I think the world needs a Muslim country to host the Games for once to balance things out as they've taken a lot of slack for the conflicts in the world now. That's why I think it's a shame Istanbul lost out on this opportunity, to show the world what a modern Muslim country can be. Those rich, Middle Eastern country can afford to host the Games anytime, but will be even more boring and uninspiring than Tokyo.

This leaves us to Malaysia as the only viable potential Muslim host country. I would like to see them host, and first time in south east asia aint is refreshing too.

Problem is, Malaysia lacks the all-around world-class Olympic pedigree and athletes outside of the likes of badminton and table tennis to be deemed worthy. Better set up a Malaysian version of AIS, the US Olympic Training Center, and INSEP in the near future.

i always say.istanbul 2024 is more meaningfull cause its 100th year of turkish republic....

best way to crown republic ...

You know Id love to see games in Istanbul, but centennial stuff will not help....

It's all about money, Turkey must focus on keeping the amazing economic growth of the last years and get to 2024 race in even better situation

So there's still possibility a host city can be chosen on first attempt. I think the world needs a Muslim country to host the Games for once to balance things out as they've taken a lot of slack for the conflicts in the world now. That's why I think it's a shame Istanbul lost out on this opportunity, to show the world what a modern Muslim country can be. Those rich, Middle Eastern country can afford to host the Games anytime, but will be even more boring and uninspiring than Tokyo.

This leaves us to Malaysia as the only viable potential Muslim host country. I would like to see them host, and first time in south east asia aint is refreshing too.

They really can't think with those turbans and head scarves. Just look at Indonesia...the 3rd Islamic Games were cancelled for Riau in June; then assigned to Jakarta. Less than a month after that announcement, Palembang was named the host for next month. ANd just this morning on the radio, I heard that -- and I don't know why it got past the first brainic in the Indonesian gov't, the Miss World Contest is being moved from Jakarta to Buddhist Bali becuz of...of course, Muslim outrage. HELLO? Anyone up there thinking? So we may see another Bali 2 bombing!! And this is from the most populated muslim country in the world. They really DON'T think. Like their holy book, they just know everything by rote. Really sad.

And u'd think that bimbo Miss World organization would learn from THEIR history. Remember they got chased out of Abuja, Nigeria also becuz of muslim outrage...and here they go again, placing their pageant in ANOTHER muslim country. If I were Balinese, I would move out of Bali during the pageant if I wanted to live.

ICK, no. If Istanbul, a sexy, exotic & much more secular Muslim city in comparison, couldn't get it, I don't see how KL could make a compelling campaign. I'd dare say that Baku would provide a more attractive alternative in that category.

Not to mention the heat, immense humidity & typhoon season in Malaysia during Games time.

http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/sports/other/headlines/article/20130908-00000002-spnavi

2020年東京五輪決定! 56年ぶり2回目開催

スポーツナビ

2013年9月8日 5:21

2020年夏季五輪の開催都市を決める国際オリンピック委員会(IOC)の第125次総会が7日(現地時間)、アルゼンチン・ブエノスアイレスで開かれ、東京での開催が決まった。日本で夏季五輪が行われるのは1964年以来56年ぶり2回目。冬季五輪の72年札幌、98年長野を含めると、22年ぶり4回目の日本開催となる。前回の16年五輪で落選した東京は2度目の挑戦で開催権を勝ち取った。

IOC委員による投票では、立候補した3都市のいずれも過半数を獲得することができず、1回での決定とはならなかった。イスタンブール(トルコ)とマドリード(スペイン)が同票で並んだため再投票が行われ、最少得票数のマドリードが落選。その後、東京とイスタンブールの決選投票が行われ、東京が開催都市に選ばれた。

投票前に行われた最終プレゼンテーションでは、東京は安倍晋三首相、猪瀬直樹・東京都知事、フェンシング男子の太田雄貴選手(森永製菓)らが熱弁をふるい、東京開催をアピールした。また、プレゼン冒頭には、高円宮妃久子さまが東日本大震災の復興支援への謝意を述べた。

【関連記事】

I agree totally specially with that part with weird characters haha haha

You know Id love to see games in Istanbul, but centennial stuff will not help....

It's all about money, Turkey must focus on keeping the amazing economic growth of the last years and get to 2024 race in even better situation

neah... nothing related to IOC with centennial but it will be important for us more.

at least we show we can make it.and better to prepare the investments till 2017 and with a strong hand we can nail 24

neah... nothing related to IOC with centennial but it will be important for us more.

at least we show we can make it.and better to prepare the investments till 2017 and with a strong hand we can nail 24

Don't be sad this race has shown Istanbul bid is possible, you guys got respect and will be even stronger for 2024.

It's all about economy, if Turkey keeps the pace, the games will be there, trust me

ICK, no. If Istanbul, a sexy, exotic & much more secular Muslim city in comparison, couldn't get it, I don't see how KL could make a compelling campaign. I'd dare say that Baku would provide a more attractive alternative in that category.

Not to mention the heat, immense humidity & typhoon season in Malaysia during Games time.

Malaysia doesn't have typhoon. But their corruption is really terrible.

People asked for clean election in Malaysia, and was beat by the police:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgKp8--L1SE

Archived