125th Session - live chat

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Madrid did NOT use its last spot very wisely. It belabored too many weak reasons and really unwise to bring up Barcelona. Who was their adviser??

He used Barcelona in Lausana too.

Why wasn't the most important question asked: the economy.

You should read what the real situation of the Spanish economy is. Maybe you dont know that Spain contributed with 40 billion euros to the rescues of the Ireland/Portugal/Greece economies.

Anyone who knows something about economy knows that Madrid can perfectly pay for the Olympics, another thing is that the money is well spent in the Olympics and not other things

You should read what the real situation of the Spanish economy is. Maybe you dont know that Spain contributed with 40 billion euros to the rescues of the Ireland/Portugal/Greece economies.

Anyone who knows something about economy knows that Madrid can perfectly pay for the Olympics, another thing is that the money is well spent in the Olympics and not other things

Come to think of it. They didn't ask about the Turkish protests or the escalation with their neighbor to the east either. But they asked about Fukushima. Perhaps they really want reassurances from the bid they really know would be the best pair of hands.

I must have drunk the Kool Aid here with Madrid since I actually liked the presentation. They did make a good point with Madrid's third attempt and we know that, using Beijing and PC as examples, the IOC loves persistence. Even if you do not accept Madrid as having much of a chance here, if they are going down, they are going down in flames.

I dunno, maybe, just maybe, Madrid might pull some votes with this. Let's be straight - all three bids have problems, be it doping and economics with Madrid, Fukishima with Tokyo or governmental and regional instability with Istanbul. Either way, the IOC is going to have to hold their nose and pick one. Which one? Damned if I know.

Maybe because is just important to Madrid banners like you, not for the ones who really know that this would not be an issue in 2020

Okay, fine. So why not highlight that make the reassurances. It's really not that hard then if it won't be an issue like you say.

Archived