125th Session - live chat

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Madrid gives a good presentation I think they'll take this. Both Istanbul and Tokyo failed at answering major concerns about their bids.Those answers were not persuasive.

That's what many said about Annecy's 2018 "excellent" presentation, but look at who actually took away the 2018 prize. I also see Tokyo's presentation akin to PyeongChang's. One filled with emotion.

And I wanna know, is Heiberg gonna ask the Madrid team the same type of TOUGH question! Like how are they gonna reassure that their stumbling economy won't effect the games!

That's what many said about Annecy's 2018 "excellent" presentation, but look at who actually took away the 2018 prize. I also see Tokyo's presentation akin to PyeongChang's. One filled with emotion.

And I wanna know, is Heiberg gonna ask the Madrid team the same type of TOUGH question! Like how are they gonna reassure that their stumbling economy won't effect the games!

"We GUARANTEE you it won't!"

Well, Annecy was already doomed even before the Session. Their bid was full of obvious misshapes plus popular support in France was very low.

I got to admit the whole 2018 race was kinda boring and predictable. Although many of us wanted Munich, deep in our minds we knew Pyeongchang, after being neglected two consecutive times by a small margin, would nail it that time.

I think that's fair game. Respectfully worded, though

One question: did Istanbul and Tokyo used previous videos or the presentations were done just for this moment? Im not familiarized with the different bids videos so I dont know...

I saw Istanbul but missed Tokyo. Istanbul's videos were all new but I did recognize some clips that have been used before in promotion videos. But they were essentially brand new. Can't speak about Tokyo.

Tokyo's was good but playing the sympathy card really rubbed me the wrong way and the "I'm about to cry" to win some votes came off as very contrived.

Both of those paid off for PyeongChang & Rio.

it's go time...

alg-bruno-page-jpg.jpg

How tacky looking! Lmfao! :-D :-P

I think this race is going to end up the same way as 2010, with Tokyo being in the same spot as Pyeongchang. They'll have the most votes the first round but whoever survives out of Istanbul or Madrid will end up hosting. While Tokyo is the strongest technically, I'd prefer Istanbul then Madrid over Tokyo.

I think this race is going to end up the same way as 2010, with Tokyo being in the same spot as Pyeongchang. They'll have the most votes the first round but whoever survives out of Istanbul or Madrid will end up hosting. While Tokyo is the strongest technically, I'd prefer Istanbul then Madrid over Tokyo.

I agree. I post it some days ago: if Istanbul fails first the winner will be Madrid and if Madrid fails first the winner will be Istanbul. I can't see Tokyo pulliing votes on a second round, but that's just a personal impression

Archived