125th Session - live chat

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know, but I have the impression that Istanbul might have just shot itself on the foot. And the emotional card they pulled was already used by London. Hardly imaginative. I really expected their presentation to be much more bombastic, I really disappointed, I really wanted them to win...

After "Istanbul 2030" video i thought that maybe they made very good last impression on some members. But after questions, uhuu...

Generally presentation wasn't so bad. Videos, young people were nice pluses. But only nice.

And they should choose a little less bright ties.

Of course we can´t write off Istanbul! It would be silly.

In a way I feel that what happened to Istanbul is something that happened to Madrid long time ago, when prince Albert asked Madrid about security after the Al Qaeda train bombs. The Madrid representatives were shocked and I think it killed Madrid (although I dont think they were going to win for 2012 anyway).

Could it be a favour of prince Albert to Madrid in a way to return the damage he did at that time?? They have extremely close relationships to the Spanish royal family, even the former dead queen of Spain was his godmother!

I think it is much too early to "write off" Istanbul - let's wait and see what the other cities are doing...

I'm not writing it off at all, actually. I do believe that they will win for sure if they manage to be on the second round. But the presentation could have been much stronger than it's been. I can't see (and maybe I'll get shocked) that Tokyo or Madrid will do it even weaker.

Archived