Final presentations, Gamesbids style.

yoshi

I don't think that any of this matters to the poster in question. They've been on an anti-Tokyo 2020/Fukushima smear campaign for as long as I can remember. Some of us have tried to balance this out, but they still keep coming back with their anti-Japan rhetoric. I wish that we had more posters here for the Japan side, because it would then give us more of a truly balanced & objective views on the ground there in Japan.

I agree. I've been following the threads here on gamesbids for months and I noticed that poster, and that's why I'm not so keen to post here as much as I want to. Things here get pretty ugly, and in general I'd rather avoid those kind of people. I'm glad the Turkish posters have been very civil here.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could say the same for you and several members here. Have you ever been to Japan? It's either you base your knowledge of a country on its most sensational aspects or choose to focus on its most repulsive qualities while you are there. I always expect more open-mindedness from Westerners, but alas so many of them already have ready-made opinions whenever they come here to Asia.

A very very small contingent of the Tokyo population concentrated in a very specific area of the city dresses that way, and even today that kind of subculture is slowly disappearing on account of it being no longer in fashion. So unfortunately any perspective you have on Tokyo is seriously skewed by these images that the Western media constantly bombard you with.

I’m so happy that you asked; yes I’ve been to Tokyo though I prefer Osaka where I have family. I usually go for business but I was planning to tag along with my sister to some amazing spa thing she had all planned in 2011 but then "you know what" happened and at that time Tokyo was pretty sketchy with radiation fears….so we scraped the trip and I’ve not been back.

Get off your はい horse.

Im so happy that you asked; yes Ive been to Tokyo though I prefer Osaka where I have family. I usually go for business but I was planning to tag along with my sister to some amazing spa thing she had all planned in 2011 but then "you know what" happened and at that time Tokyo was pretty sketchy with radiation fears.so we scraped the trip and Ive not been back.

Get off your はい horse.

This still applies to you:

"It's either you base your knowledge of a country on its most sensational aspects or choose to focus on its most repulsive qualities while you are there. I always expect more open-mindedness from Westerners, but alas so many of them already have ready-made opinions whenever they come here to Asia"

Being to a country doesn't make you an expert. And being on a high horse is definitely better wherever you are

*Better than wherever you are

Archived