BidIndex last update... Madrid momentum?

u spanish guys cant understand why people dont want madrid for 2020. even worlds super power usa doesnt get games in this short period and why spain???

the only eu capital without games doesnt sell... its your excuse den better u get madrid 92 not barcelona

Because Spain is crazy for sports, not as the same way as Japan or Turkey.

Barcelona needed those Games. For that reason Barcelona is now as it is.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because Spain is crazy for sports, not as the same way as Japan or Turkey.

Barcelona needed those Games. For that reason Barcelona is now as it is.

??? lol its the most absurd reason ever heard:) just spanish people do sports and no others? just spanish cities need to recycle but no others? how arrogant.... pity....

den Istanbul need games like barcelona did at 92. u give up?

??? lol its the most absurd reason ever heard:) just spanish people do sports and no others? just spanish cities need to recycle but no others? how arrogant.... pity....

den Istanbul need games like barcelona did at 92. u give up?

Yes, I do agree with you. It would be such a transformation for Istanbul that makes the best option to give another à la Barcelona or à la Rio games, which is always splendourous.

My point about Istanbul right now is that's just to soon for another new frontier. Madrid or Tokyo would have a more logical approach to the times we're living.

Moreover, the Istanbul bid seems having a lack of marketing and lobbying or, at least, not having the ability to catch the momentum just after the June riots. Do you agree with me?

u spanish guys cant understand why people dont want madrid for 2020. even worlds super power usa doesnt get games in this short period and why spain???

the only eu capital without games doesnt sell... its your excuse den better u get madrid 92 not barcelona

Pelase Illuminate me and tell me wha dot you see in Tokyo and not in Madrid. It's a better argument ' We have money in the bank €€€' ?

After GB & Greece, Spain is actually the third most recent European host of the Summer Games. I know they're awarded to cities, not countries, but I would've thought that a city that hasn't hosted since 1924 & wants to host again would beat a country that hasn't hosted since 1992 & wants to host in a different city this time.

Pelase Illuminate me and tell me wha dot you see in Tokyo and not in Madrid. It's a better argument ' We have money in the bank €€€' ?

ill illuminate your future:)

3rd largest economy, 1st biggest economical city ( size of spain) ulta modern tech., 60 years after the last games, major eartquake hits the country and people need st to hold on its st emotional. Asia, money, a different culture after rio london and beijing, ANİME :)

Yes, I do agree with you. It would be such a transformation for Istanbul that makes the best option to give another à la Barcelona or à la Rio games, which is always splendourous.

My point about Istanbul right now is that's just to soon for another new frontier. Madrid or Tokyo would have a more logical approach to the times we're living.

Moreover, the Istanbul bid seems having a lack of marketing and lobbying or, at least, not having the ability to catch the momentum just after the June riots. Do you agree with me?

i dont know whats happening behind doors. but we r lack of lobby i think its in our genetics. we do what we can do as best and serve it.. u get or not its your choice. like we have the 3 rd largest cuisine in the world after french and chinese u know? most probably u dont ...

BUT president and government and private sector pulling hard this time, from the beginning Istanbul doesnt make so much PR or an aggresive campagin but always the favorite. some things can be spoken or done behind doors. and the situation in ıslamic world makes Turkey more important in world arena.. arab spring becomes a harsh winter and in any condition Turkey still in a good road about democracy and economy.. first quarter GDP growth is %4. not good but considering Turkey is a energy consumer giant and lack of oil and gold its important. we r growing in any case in any situation

Istanbul has a problem... ERDOGAN

Tokyo: FUKUSHIMA

Madrid: EL MUNDO newspaper

This is the race with more problems than never hahaha

Madrid can be the door to African countries due to its budget, according an IOC member said.

erdoğan will die someday,

fukusima will burn to ground

but el mundo??? :P

THY has the largest flights in the world to africa ;) direct ones.. and there are hundres of turkish colleges and schools

And Madrid-Barajas Airport has British Airways, the airline which flies to more countries in the world. For that reasons, British Airways support Madrid 2020 with promotional videos in the international flights.

El Mundo newspaper has to shut up. :angry:

i dont know whats happening behind doors. but we r lack of lobby i think its in our genetics. we do what we can do as best and serve it.. u get or not its your choice. like we have the 3 rd largest cuisine in the world after french and chinese u know? most probably u dont ...

BUT president and government and private sector pulling hard this time, from the beginning Istanbul doesnt make so much PR or an aggresive campagin but always the favorite. some things can be spoken or done behind doors. and the situation in ıslamic world makes Turkey more important in world arena.. arab spring becomes a harsh winter and in any condition Turkey still in a good road about democracy and economy.. first quarter GDP growth is %4. not good but considering Turkey is a energy consumer giant and lack of oil and gold its important. we r growing in any case in any situation

Don't get me wrong. I adore Istanbul, I adore Turks & the cuisine and I would be more than happy to see the city winning in 2020 if Madrid fails to get it. That's for sure! :)

Anyway, the race for the Olympics have been widely proven to be a diplomatic race, where PR and lobbying are a real factor. I think Istanbul have been also the favorite because it is, of the three bidders, the real iconic modern new city of XXI Century where the Games will land glamourously. And I strongly agree with it. But during the race, that spirit has somehow vanished and I don't understand why... is because Turkey has to remain tempered amid the Arab revolutions? is because the Turk society has stronger worries to deal with? I don't know why, but all that potential appeal that would have pulverized Tokyo & Madrid options have been diluted to nothing.

I love Istanbul as a beautiful city. I was there and they need the OG. But not now that they are bidding against my city haha.

If Madrid falls in the first round I will support Istanbul as well. :wub:

Get away, Tokyo! :P

Don't get me wrong. I adore Istanbul, I adore Turks & the cuisine and I would be more than happy to see the city winning in 2020 if Madrid fails to get it. That's for sure! :)

Anyway, the race for the Olympics have been widely proven to be a diplomatic race, where PR and lobbying are a real factor. I think Istanbul have been also the favorite because it is, of the three bidders, the real iconic modern new city of XXI Century where the Games will land glamourously. And I strongly agree with it. But during the race, that spirit has somehow vanished and I don't understand why... is because Turkey has to remain tempered amid the Arab revolutions? is because the Turk society has stronger worries to deal with? I don't know why, but all that potential appeal that would have pulverized Tokyo & Madrid options have been diluted to nothing.

its middle east s fate... the people has a 1 man rule all time. and for centuries ruled by turks or persians. never independent since 1500. dey dont have a democratic culture. u may be suprise but turkish democracy is one of de oldest starts from 1800s. and was the largest delegation of cultures in tht time.

turkey and iran u cant compare with arabs cause of det. we use to rule never ruled...:)

i love spain but early after barcelona .. sadly i prefer tokyo .. and sure tokyo will get it. but we make the 2020 unforgettable race :)

ill illuminate your future:)

3rd largest economy, 1st biggest economical city ( size of spain) ulta modern tech., 60 years after the last games, major eartquake hits the country and people need st to hold on its st emotional. Asia, money, a different culture after rio london and beijing, ANİME :)

jajajaja the recover from Tsunami is the funiest argument i've seen for a while. One day they say the've recovered, when they need a 'why' they say the have not, so when someone talks about Fukushima, there's no problem there and' Tokyo's population live as they always did'. I still find the creating employment, and bringing illusion back to a country in crisis more compelling arguments.

Yes, anime is cool, robots are cool, and money is cool, but unless i see 100 robots dancing like Michael Jackson in Tokyo's ceremony, i won't see nothing special in it. I mean, if at least the videos had shown that they were going to play with Manga, anime, with ultra technology, and all that, but thet didn't. They just contained people dancing eith strange music.

jajajaja the recover from Tsunami is the funiest argument i've seen for a while. One day they say the've recovered, when they need a 'why' they say the have not, so when someone talks about Fukushima, there's no problem there and' Tokyo's population live as they always did'. I still find the creating employment, and bringing illusion back to a country in crisis more compelling arguments.

Yes, anime is cool, robots are cool, and money is cool, but unless i see 100 robots dancing like Michael Jackson in Tokyo's ceremony, i won't see nothing special in it. I mean, if at least the videos had shown that they were going to play with Manga, anime, with ultra technology, and all that, but thet didn't. They just contained people dancing eith strange music.

u never had faced an earthquake?.... hope u wont.... people in Turkey still freezes in a little shake after 99 marmara... tens of billion usd gone in 45 seconds. cant imagine how japan feels... u r really really an ignorant person. thnx god i have spanish friends that vice versa your character..

u never had faced an earthquake?.... hope u wont.... people in Turkey still freezes in a little shake after 99 marmara... tens of billion usd gone in 45 seconds. cant imagine how japan feels... u r really really an ignorant person. thnx god i have spanish friends that vice versa your character..

Well, emre, I don't think he's really understimating the impact of the quake, but telling that by one side Japan tells they have recovered and on the other side they use the Games as a tool to get recovered. He has quite a point.

Hey hey, calm down, i'm not an ignorant person, in fact I imagine how horrible that must be, that's why I can't understan how Tokios delegation can be playing with it. How are the games going to help with that!! The tsunami was 2 years ago.

They have Fukushima OMG!! I'm sure no one in Japan is confident of what can happen there. So how the hell can the games help them to recover from the tsunami. To do so, more prevention systems, and less building Nuclear centrals in danger zones.

Hey hey, calm down, i'm not an ignorant person, in fact I imagine how horrible that must be, that's why I can't understan how Tokios delegation can be playing with it. How are the games going to help with that!! The tsunami was 2 years ago.

They have Fukushima OMG!! I'm sure no one in Japan is confident of what can happen there. So how the hell can the games help them to recover from the tsunami. To do so, more prevention systems, and less building Nuclear centrals in danger zones.

fukushima didnt explode just cause dey throw potatos to it?. altough still thousands missing due to earthquake. and its 250km away from tokyo

fukushima didnt explode just cause dey throw potatos to it?. altough still thousands missing due to earthquake. and its 250km away from tokyo

If you don't want to try to understand my points of view,or what i try to say, as i at least do, i've nothing to do discussing with you. Bye

Remember the topic guys...

MADRID 2020 has momentum??? I think so.

Well, emre, I don't think he's really understimating the impact of the quake, but telling that by one side Japan tells they have recovered and on the other side they use the Games as a tool to get recovered. He has quite a point.

Isn't that the same with Madrid's handling of their recession. On the one hand, they assure us they're recovering, on the other hand they say they need the games to spark a stimulus, on the next, so much is already done there's not a lot they need to do. It's just all so contradictory.

Isn't that the same with Madrid's handling of their recession. On the one hand, they assure us they're recovering, on the other hand they say they need the games to spark a stimulus, on the next, so much is already done there's not a lot they need to do. It's just all so contradictory.

Madrid the worse. Sir Rols, don't worry, Istanbul will host the 2020 Games and you will be happier than never.

Madrid will try it later. We don't care. A Madrid 2032 bid is fine for you? Or neither.

Madrid the worse. Sir Rols, don't worry, Istanbul will host the 2020 Games and you will be happier than never.

Madrid will try it later. We don't care. A Madrid 2032 bid is fine for you? Or neither.

No need to get defensive, I'm just pointing out that if Madrilenos think Tokyo's messaging is contradictory, many of us have thought the same about Madrid for a long time.

At the end of the day, all three could put on good games. While personally I slightly prefer Tokyo and Istanbul, I'm not hyper-passionate about any of them. If Madrid wins, I can think of reasons to be positive about it as well.

Barcelona is not Madrid. Paris Rome Berlin London hosted the Olympic Games before. Madrid is Spain, I know we had Barcelona 92 and??? It is a different city which has never host the OG. A new big city for a big OG. Paris, Rome, Berlin doesn't need a big promotion.
If Madrid falls now... and Madrid is bidding for 2024, Rome, Berlin or Paris won't host the OG in 2024. It will be Madrid. IOC know it is time for Madrid as a big capital in Europe which has never had Olympic Games.
It is funny all of you believe Paris Rome or Berlin will host them in 2024... We had the same votes for 2012 as Paris but it had a mistake in a IOC member. If Paris had been failed before Madrid, London 2012 it wouldn't exist. For 2016 we were second after Rio.

Its because if Madrid fails and Paris bids 2024 Paris will win.

Archived