BidIndex: Tokyo Leads; Race Tightens as 2020 Olympic Bid Enters Final Week

GBModerator

And for the millionth time, Tokyo is NOT proposing $20-$50 Billion Games. Not even close! They at least have more of a REALISTIC budget than Madrid. But I just love it how you changed it from your previous $40 Billiion mantra so you can knock on Istanbul.

i didn't think about changing 40 to 20, just sayin'.........both are a LOT and don't sell the "we the IOCers are not total $ whores" angle. Madrid's bid does...but that's not their bigges sellingpoint, it's just so damn sexy there! B)

So you are comparing yourself to Paul, the one who you have been criticizing for a while, Wau, that's not hypocrital ^_^

No, I'm not. I'm merely countering his non-balanced, bias views. Yet you have no problem with him "criticizing & despising" Tokyo on a regular basis. Yet you get your panties all in a bunch if someone dares critique Madrid. That's what's hypocritical.

but that's not their bigges sellingpoint, it's just so damn sexy there! B)

Just think how much more "damn sexy" it would be with an actual, humming economy that could complement it. And Istanbul is just as damn sexy & exotic. Plus, they've never had the honor before. While Spain just hosted a mere 21 years ago.

slowly..... when ? till sun becomes a super nova and burn world???

whts spains growth rate this quarter ?-1?

olympics wont make it+1 or more... and everyone knows that budget will double to 7b.usd at least ...

We are recovering, seriously, believe it or not. Last year we have our 'prima de riesgo' in 630+, we were about to collapse, now it is around 250, (greece remains in 850).

On the 2nd trimester of the year the growth was of -0.1, and studies reveal that in the third it will be of +0.2.

Unemployment has been decreasing for the last 5 months, in more than 150.000.

No, I'm not. I'm merely countering his non-balanced, bias views. Yet you have no problem with him "criticizing & despising" Tokyo on a regular basis. Yet you get your panties all in a bunch if someone dares critique Madrid. That's what's hypocritical.

Guy, I just defend my city, when you are constantly criticizing it, and i've made 2 or 3 comments in Tokio and Istanbul bid ( Even though i've repeated that i love that city). If that's hypocrital, I may be the greatest hypocrital in the world.

However you are the one who criticizes Madrid, constantly, every day, and can stand someone criticizing one f the other bids.

Arghhh discussing with you is just as boring as Tokio's bid (Oh, that was hypocrital :P )

Guy, I just defend my city, when you are constantly criticizing it, and i've made 2 or 3 comments in Tokio and Istanbul bid ( Even though i've repeated that i love that city).

Just bcuz you don't agree with my POV's bcuz I merely just support one of the other bids does not mean that I'm "constantly criticizing". And exactly, you're "defending", so that means that you're the one constantly on the attack. And I've also mentioned how beautiful Madrid is, yet you erroneously & accussitorily "constantly attack" me still, simply bcuz I have a different opinion than you.

However you are the one who criticizes Madrid, constantly, every day, and can stand someone criticizing one f the other bids.

Oh please. Compared to runningrings, I actually LOVE Madrid & Spain! :lol::P

Arghhh discussing with you is just as boring as Tokio's bid (Oh, that was hypocrital :P )

Or as boring as Madrid's flea market bid. :lol: And see, you're even hypocritically criticizing here. :rolleyes:

If that's hypocrital, I may be the greatest hypocrital in the world.

You said it, not me! :lol::P^_^

and can stand someone criticizing one f the other bids.

Can you say H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-E :rolleyes:

Just bcuz you don't agree with my POV's bcuz I merely just support one of the other bids does not mean that I'm "constantly criticizing". And exactly, you're "defending", so that means that you're the one constantly on the attack. And I've also mentioned how beautiful Madrid is, yet you erroneously & accussitorily "constantly attack" me still, simply bcuz I have a different opinion than you.

in the past few weeks i had the opportunity to discover the three candidate cities fvia google earth.. and I have to say that madrid (not a city at a waterfront) looks actually very structured.. the freeways, way-axes, cities-surface-architecture quite impressed me.. Madrid looks also beautiful from above.. And IT IS a beautiful city, a city that developed herself very well in the last decades as a real CITY.. in the centre of the iberian peninsula.. it is a real capital for me.. whereas istanbul has a lot work to do on the structure-axes.. but with the olympic games the city will build what it couldn't build in the last deccades.. so for istanbul it is a very a big boost with a great impact.. istanbul will become a high-class structured city like madrid and maybe much more..

Tokyo on the otherside doesn't look handsome via google earth.. so tiny, so miny, so labyrint-ish.. a world city packaged (zipped would be a better verb to discribe it) on a surface that doesn't give me a easthetical insight, but madrid IS beautiful..

my personal feelings came outt of the water when FYI mentioned it..

fingers crossed for each of the three cities.. may the best win..

love you all

greetings from belgium

fatih

Archived