Sign in to follow this  
spectator12

3rd time host

Difficult to answer. I can only answer which city I'd prefer as third time host, namely Paris. In the United States' case, it would be nice to see the Games go to San Francisco, Boston or New York instead. LA was a great host both times - but if the US has so many more attractive cities to offer, they should rather go for a new city than choosing LA a third time around.

To all intents and purposes Paris hosting would be like its first time. Almost nobody alive will remember its last Games very well. That's obviously not the case with LA.

I know it's stating the obvious, but I think it's a major point.

• Like 1

To all intents and purposes Paris hosting would be like its first time. Almost nobody alive will remember its last Games very well. That's obviously not the case with LA.

Good point. Even the "Paris of 1924" in Cariotas of Fire was actually in the UK.

A very good point indeed. The Olympics of 1900 and 1924 don't come close to anything like the Games of today.