Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 16/05/2017 at 10:17 PM, neige said:

 

On 17/05/2017 at 1:49 AM, baron-pierreIV said:

Wow!  That's a YUUUUUGGEE scale model!! 

Actually, it's nor a scale model....3D images! watch the video!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FYI said:

Abratrollson already did that. Citing in his latest baloney piece that the IOC is just "keeping nice" in saying that both bids are 'equal' in order to keep the interest of the 2024 race high (but that goes without saying anyway). He likened it to a horse race, where the excitement ensues until the race is over. But the irony in that is, that it can work both ways. Perhaps the IOC is just "playing nice" with L.A. & all their PR rhetoric. Afterall, the IOC still wants them, but for 2028, that is! :lol:

Same article - he also compared the Paris 2024 team as "group therapy" for their 2012 loss. I mean this guy is going beyond a troll now, to just plain "a$s"inine! :rolleyes:

The big problem I have with him right now is that he's blurring line between being a journalist and a blogger.  He's trying to position himself as the latter, but he's known as a journalist so his "reporting" is about opinion and personal preference than anything.  I know he owns that, but the rest of the world may not see it that way.  And we all know that if this was happening the other way around and this was a Frenchman boasting for Paris, the headline would be about the arrogant French media.  So who's to say it won't work the other way around.

That all said, most of his rhetoric seems to be about what the IOC *should* do and less a prediction of what they're actually going to do.  He thinks those are one in the same and we already know that you-know-who is hanging on every word he writes.  I can already picture the blog post that AA will write if LA loses.. "the IOC is being stupid, they don't know what's good for them, they just signed their own death warrant, etc.. LA should walk away and let the ship sink."  Again, that's a matter of opinion, not a journalistic report.  He's in an odd place to offer 1 over the other.  And if he's going to flash his credentials (figuratively, not literally) when his posts gain traction, then he might as well be speaking on behalf of the America media, whether he wants to be or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Roger87 said:

Look in the map. Olympic cities - Athens, Mexico City, Montreal, Munich, Sydney, Barcelona... 

The fact that North and South American cities dare to go against a US bid shows how Trump and his ilk truly dedtroyed the LA bid. I think at the very least Mexico City and Montreal would stay neutral on the matter if Hillary had won.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LatinXTC said:

The fact that North and South American cities dare to go against a US bid shows how Trump and his ilk truly dedtroyed the LA bid. I think at the very least Mexico City and Montreal would stay neutral on the matter if Hillary had won.

Add Australia on that group. If London joins to the Paris support list in upcoming months, not ever Garcetti can save the ship.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Quaker2001 said:

And we all know that if this was happening the other way around and this was a Frenchman boasting for Paris, the headline would be about the arrogant French media.  So who's to say it won't work the other way around.

I can already picture the blog post that AA will write if LA loses.. "the IOC is being stupid, they don't know what's good for them, they just signed their own death warrant, etc.. LA should walk away and let the ship sink." 

It'll go down something like this with AA:

giphy.gif

48f4b1d6a995790a8618e9b421bfdaac.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Quaker2001 said:

The big problem I have with him right now is that he's blurring line between being a journalist and a blogger.  He's trying to position himself as the latter, but he's known as a journalist so his "reporting" is about opinion and personal preference than anything.  I know he owns that, but the rest of the world may not see it that way.  And we all know that if this was happening the other way around and this was a Frenchman boasting for Paris, the headline would be about the arrogant French media.  So who's to say it won't work the other way around.

That all said, most of his rhetoric seems to be about what the IOC *should* do and less a prediction of what they're actually going to do.  He thinks those are one in the same and we already know that you-know-who is hanging on every word he writes.  I can already picture the blog post that AA will write if LA loses.. "the IOC is being stupid, they don't know what's good for them, they just signed their own death warrant, etc.. LA should walk away and let the ship sink."  Again, that's a matter of opinion, not a journalistic report.  He's in an odd place to offer 1 over the other.  And if he's going to flash his credentials (figuratively, not literally) when his posts gain traction, then he might as well be speaking on behalf of the America media, whether he wants to be or not.

You need to read his article: "What would Pierre de Coubertain vote?" 

latest?cb=20160206053550

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FYI said:

L.A.'28

anigif_enhanced-15328-1461178579-2.gif

 

I'm not sure sure, opposition is building in LA. If we are lucky it'll be more like...

200.gif?response_id=591e2fa658f1095363af

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Roger87 said:

Look in the map. Olympic cities - Athens, Mexico City, Montreal, Munich, Sydney, Barcelona... 

Which leaves 17 Olympic cities (including Paris oddly enough) not supporting Paris. Not that it means anything but interesting anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, zekekelso said:

Which leaves 17 Olympic cities (including Paris oddly enough) not supporting Paris. Not that it means anything but interesting anyway. 

Discount Los Angeles, Saint Louis and Atlanta - For obvious reasons :P And Paris can't vote itself - "French arrogance according Abrahamson" :rolleyes: Then London for the "special relationship" (Unless Khan makes an statement against Corbyn)

That leaves you: Stockholm, Berlin, Antwerp, Amsterdam, Helsinki, Melbourne, Moscow, Rome, Tokyo, Rio, Seoul and Beijing. Gave time for the next weeks -_-

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OTT: Too bad Miss Universe Iris Mittenaere can't support completely the Paris bid for conflict of interest. Still Paris 2024 may call Léa Seydoux, Marion Cotillard and Laetitia Casta. Also, Antoine Griezmann and Florent Manaudou ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is first opinion piece I've seen in the British press on this race. Very, very Guardian, and the author is also under the misapprehension that LA is building an Olympic village. But the first paragraph, at least, is hard to disagree with:

Quote

Vote Paris and keep the Olympics out of Donald Trump’s sticky little fingers

With the contest for the right to host the 2024 Olympic and Paralympic Games down to the last two contestants and nearing a final verdict, there may be several good reasons for giving Paris the right to stage the 2024 Olympics while postponing the return of the Games to Los Angeles until four years later. The most compelling of them must surely be that such a decision would put the Olympics out of the reach of Donald Trump’s sticky little fingers.

More @ https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2017/may/19/paris-los-angeles-olympic-games-2024-donald-trump?CMP=share_btn_tw

Edited by Rob.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Rob. said:

This is first opinion piece I've seen in the British press on this race. Very, very Guardian, and the author is also under the misapprehension that LA is building an Olympic village. But the first paragraph, at least, is hard to disagree with:

More @ https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2017/may/19/paris-los-angeles-olympic-games-2024-donald-trump?CMP=share_btn_tw

It's interesting that is the perception from what I would expect to be a fairly neutral country.  Equally interesting that they're talking about Trump trying to change the law so that he can rule in perpetuity rather than the more likely outcome that he's a 1-term president and out of office in 2021 rather than 2025.  Even if he is still in the White House in 2024, his direct involvement with Olympic planning would likely be very minimal.  Sure, if he's still president then (G-d help us all if he is), he'd obviously be present, and I'm sure the thought of that is something many IOC members find nauseating.  But unfortunately for LA, perception is everything.  The United States elected a wildly polarizing leader that is extremely unpopular throughout the world.  France avoided that pitfall, and their new leader is someone who will be at the forefront of their bid efforts.  Big edge to Paris on that front.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oy!  Enough with the memes.  It's giving me a headache.  And it doesn't add substance really to the thread.  It's all about the research capabilities of the poster.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In a last ditch effort to save the LA bid from impending failure, LA guarantees Trump will be impeached.

Nah, I'm just kidding. Paris is about to annihilate LA. Honestly, I don't even want LA to host it in 2028 anymore. Give it to another American city like Toronto.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mr.bernham said:

In a last ditch effort to save the LA bid from impending failure, LA guarantees Trump will be impeached.

This can be used by Abrahamtrollson as part of his net article :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today's Formula E race is right in the centre of Paris, Les Invalides, Grand Palais, so lots of Paris 2024 venues on show. A nice event to show off how the city/sport can combine. Obviously motor racing isn't an Olympic sport, but if I were Paris 2024 I'd be getting onto the FIA to ask for a few clips from the race weekend to cut into the final presentation to the IOC. Actual race is 14:30 BST today.

Last year's race highlights:

Driver track walk:

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rob. said:

Today's Formula E race is right in the centre of Paris, Les Invalides, Grand Palais, so lots of Paris 2024 venues on show. A nice event to show off how the city/sport can combine. Obviously motor racing isn't an Olympic sport, but if I were Paris 2024 I'd be getting onto the FIA to ask for a few clips from the race weekend to cut into the final presentation to the IOC. Actual race is 14:30 BST today.

Last year's race highlights:

Driver track walk:

 

When sport contributes to a better way of life!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autolib'

Made for sharing!;)

Autolib%27_Station%2C_Paris%2C_Boulevard_Diderot_01.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This goes to show there is little chance anything will change with the IOC having their party and seasonal fruits......they can't even simply agree to use the the Paris subway during the games. Why would anyone want these fat-jerks taking over their city?

IOC refuse to commit to its members using Paris transport system if awarded 2024 Olympics-ITG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, paul said:

This goes to show there is little chance anything will change with the IOC having their party and seasonal fruits......they can't even simply agree to use the the Paris subway during the games. Why would anyone want these fat-jerks taking over their city?

IOC refuse to commit to its members using Paris transport system if awarded 2024 Olympics-ITG

Maybe they would accept to use the Autolib' electric car service if these cars were added into the pool of Autolib' shared cars:)

DAQzMOfXgAAvqrX.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well they need to stay off the street in Paris, as we saw in the IOC visits the traffic was horrendous in Paris. Funny how we like to dwell on the traffic issue in LA but Paris had the issues during the visits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, paul said:

well they need to stay off the street in Paris, as we saw in the IOC visits the traffic was horrendous in Paris. Funny how we like to dwell on the traffic issue in LA but Paris had the issues during the visits.

:P LOL!

No surprise here: Los Angeles is the world's most traffic-clogged city, study finds

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...