Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Now, related more of Melenchon, even with some issues in references of foreign and european affairs, I wouldn't personally have a problem if he becames a president. His platform is actually a full returning to the socialist basis and has good points in defense of minorities and animal rights. Anyway, Melenchon or Macron, better than Le Pen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The centrist Emmanuel Macron and far-right leader Marine Le Pen have won the first round of voting in French presidential elections, projected results say.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39686993?ocid=socialflow_twitter

That should mean Macron President unless the head-to-head polls for the 2nd round are hugely wrong. And as far as this thread goes, the recently anti-Olympic but now reluctant supporter of Paris 2024 finished fourth, so won't be in the run off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I don't see how Le Pen would be elected. Macron will be our next president, and this is all good regarding the Paris 2024 bid.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The idea of Donald Trump giving a speech in support of LA and Macron giving a speech in support of Paris is like Chirac VS Blair. Only this time, it's France with the charismatic, attractive, liberal leader.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mr.bernham said:

The idea of Donald Trump giving a speech in support of LA and Macron giving a speech in support of Paris is like Chirac VS Blair. Only this time, it's France with the charismatic, attractive, liberal leader.

Easy to dismiss that as a silly comparison but actually, you can easily see Macron turning up and speaking in French and English to the IOC, as Blair did, whilst his opposite number struggles to to string a sentence in his native language and goes around insulting other nation's cultures. :lol:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rob. said:

Easy to dismiss that as a silly comparison but actually, you can easily see Macron turning up and speaking in French and English to the IOC, as Blair did, whilst his opposite number struggles to to string a sentence in his native language and goes around insulting other nation's cultures. :lol:

That's why if LA2024 agrees to the double-award thing, everyone would be spared the sight, sound or presence of the Orange Trumpkin -- except for a video message which could suddenly suffer technical glitches.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, JO2024 said:

Macron will be our next president, and this is all good regarding the Paris 2024 bid.

he should have a good relationship with the bid commitee!

He's the same age as Tony Estanguet (39)

He has roots in the Pyrenees like both co-chairs of Paris 2024 (Tony Estanguet and Bernard Lapasset)

He's from the same town (Amiens) as the head of the Paris 2024 commitee (Etienne Thobois)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Rob. said:

Easy to dismiss that as a silly comparison but actually, you can easily see Macron turning up and speaking in French and English to the IOC, as Blair did, whilst his opposite number struggles to to string a sentence in his native language and goes around insulting other nation's cultures. :lol:

Hey at least Chirac's comment to Finnish food will be a blip moment :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Roger87 said:

Imagine that kind of speech this September

And then speaking in English

 

Agreed: he's very fluent in English, yet still clearly as French as la Tour Eiffel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BTW, in case of interest - Marine Le Pen steps down temporally as leader of FN for making a full presidential campaign. This will be the end of her Trojan horse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fingers crossed the supporters of Fillon, Melenchon etc have the sense to see what's at least the lesser of two evils from their perspective. And that just cannot be the she-wolf in a sheep's fur.

I know what the polls say, but in the end, the real votes count, so I'm not counting chicken yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, JesseSaenz said:

I will be in Paris in 2 weeks visiting relatives, any (Olympic Related) sites I should check out while I am there???
 

A visite to the tourist areas (Eiffel tower, Champs Elysées, Invalides, Grand Palais) and imagine how it would be in the Olympic Games configuration:

http://www.paris2024.org/en/concept

http://www.grandpalais.fr/en

A match of the Hockey World Championship at the AccorHotels Arena (Judo, Basketball):

http://www.iihfworlds2017.com/en/games/

A trip at "La defense" to have a look at the U Arena construction (Gymnastics):

http://www.uarena.com/article/le-chantier_a103/1

A day at Roland Garros (starting May 22, maybe too late for you...):

https://tickets.rolandgarros.com/en/schedule

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, JesseSaenz said:

I will be in Paris in 2 weeks visiting relatives, any (Olympic Related) sites I should check out while I am there???

Or just follow the IOC evaluation commission (May 14 - 17) !;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, neige said:

A visite to the tourist areas (Eiffel tower, Champs Elysées, Invalides, Grand Palais) and imagine how it would be in the Olympic Games configuration:

http://www.paris2024.org/en/concept

http://www.grandpalais.fr/en

A match of the Hockey World Championship at the AccorHotels Arena (Judo, Basketball):

http://www.iihfworlds2017.com/en/games/

A trip at "La defense" to have a look at the U Arena construction (Gymnastics):

http://www.uarena.com/article/le-chantier_a103/1

A day at Roland Garros (starting May 22, maybe too late for you...):

https://tickets.rolandgarros.com/en/schedule

Excellent list, Thank you!

Merci Beacoup!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/04/2017 at 4:18 PM, neige said:

Here's my investigation about athletics at the Stade de France (didn't know it before)

http://www.lequipe.fr/Athletisme/Actualites/Le-meeting-ligue-de-diamant-ne-sera-plus-organise-au-stade-de-france/697147

http://www.supersport.com/athletics/international/news/160620/New_venue_for_Paris_Diamond_League

So it seems that the next (and last) athletics meeting at the Stade de France will take place in August 2024 (if Paris is chosen).

Wonder if this decision to move athletics from a 80000 seats stadium to a 20000 seats stadium (Charlety stadium) can have a negative impact on the IOC decision...

Confirmation that there will be no more athletics at the Stade de france (except for the Games in 2024).

The european athletics championships will take place at the Charlety stadium in 2020.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-4455004/Paris-host-2020-European-Athletics-Championships.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, LatinXTC said:

Zero waste? Who will they feed all the human waste to then, German scheisse porn studios?

most likely biofuel (sewage => ethanol)

Edited by Nacre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...