On 11/04/2017 at 9:56 PM, neige said:

Sport & Société can now be translated in more than 100 langages!

https://sportetsociete.org/2017/04/11/jo-2024-le-tour-de-france-aux-couleurs-de-la-candidature-de-paris/

Has someone tried to read that in english (you have to click on the 3 points at the upper right corner and select "anglais" )?

Is the translation good?

It's certainy the french web site that writes the most articles about the OG.

Here is another article about transport:

https://sportetsociete.org/2017/04/13/jo-2024-les-transports-au-coeur-dune-visite-dune-delegation-de-los-angeles-a-paris/

Might be the star of the Paris Games:)

d30899ff1bd820d038244dfb2d5c8.png

http://www.bike-eu.com/home/nieuws/2017/4/paris-switches-velib-operator-from-jcdecaux-to-smoovengo-10129662

By 2020, Paris aims to become the world’s cycling capital with more than 1,400 km of cycling lanes and 15% of transport journeys made by bike. In 2018, the « New Vélib» will be launched an a larger scale, with inclusion of electrical bycicles.

All of the 2024 Olympic sites will be connected to this network of cycling lanes.

• Like 2

I read that Etienne Thobois the head of the Paris 2024 committee was a key consultant on all technical issues of the Tokyo 2020 bid.... now that Tokyo's budget has EXPLODED he says that Tokyo's original proposal was “a fairy tale” and believes the French capital can avoid the kind of after-the-fact revisions bogging down Japan’s organizers.

Who would believe this guy?

10 hours ago, paul said:

I read that Etienne Thobois the head of the Paris 2024 committee was a key consultant on all technical issues of the Tokyo 2020 bid.... now that Tokyo's budget has EXPLODED he says that Tokyo's original proposal was “a fairy tale” and believes the French capital can avoid the kind of after-the-fact revisions bogging down Japan’s organizers.

Thanks for your fair remark;) As a technical consultant, I guess he was responsible for the Tokyo 2020 budget!

10 hours ago, paul said:

Who would believe this guy?

I think he knows quite well what he speaks about:

2000: part of the Paris 2008 bid

2002: part of the 2003 Athletics world championships

2004: part of the Paris 2012 bid

Google translation: "In the Paris 2012 Bid Committee, I am the Director of Sports and Planning. But I also work on accommodation, technology ... We failed, London is designated, and it hurts. We all put our lives on hold, we gave everything day and night, and for my part, the Games made me dream from a very young age. After such a disappointment, one tries to reconstruct oneself, one questions oneself again."

2006: Head of the 2007 Rugby World cup

(in that case, I guess He was responsible for the budget: 30 Millions profit)

2008: family trip around the world

since 2009: technical advisor to the IOC for the 2010 Youth OG, member of the evaluation commission for the 2016 OG and 2018 Youth OG. Technical consultant for Tokyo 2020.

He's now the head of the Paris 2024 committee and as a former badminton player he could also be a usefull advisor for the badminton venue!

All of the leading names end in "n;"  (even though there is no Maricon!)  :lol:   Are they going to be the new Napoleon?   :lol:

Related image

And here's a nice, Olympic-style ...

Image result for logo of Napoleon images

I don't know who Den Helder is, but I like graphic parts of this one.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, baron-pierreIV said:

And here's a nice, Olympic-style ...

Image result for logo of Napoleon images

I don't know who Den Helder is, but I like graphic parts of this one.  

It's a place in Holland, which controls the sea access to Amsterdam; hence Napoleon visited it for a couple of days in 1811 and ordered defensive improvements so the nasty British couldn't take over the Netherlands while Napoleon was heroically conquering Russia.

2 hours ago, JMarkSnow2012 said:

It's a place in Holland, which controls the sea access to Amsterdam; hence Napoleon visited it for a couple of days in 1811 and ordered defensive improvements so the nasty British couldn't take over the Netherlands while Napoleon was heroically conquering Russia.

Thanks.  I also found that out after I posted that lovely logo.  

On 10/04/2017 at 3:07 PM, hektor said:

Melanchon is up in the polls by large figures so now you have a distinct possibility to have a president who is against Paris 2024 elected...

Finally, he's no longer against....

http://sport24.lefigaro.fr/le-scan-sport/2017/04/20/27001-20170420ARTFIG00236-jo-2024-a-paris-les-5-grands-candidats-sont-tous-d-accord.php

translation from Google:

Finally, the last of the five "great candidates", Jean-Luc Mélenchon, meanwhile took time to join the movement of its competitors. Her representative, Bally Bagaoyoko, explains: "Her hostility dates back to the time of the application. Today we are no longer in the same sequence, Paris is now a candidate. "Before specifying the program in the event of the official designation of the city of Light:" We will be attentive to the fact that the envelope of €6.5 billion (1.5 billion of public money) is not exceeded. An independent commission will verify it. We also want, of course, the Games of solidarity, clean and responsible. We can not refuse these great events and the added value they bring. "

20 minutes ago, yoshi said:

Le Pen's in favour is she? Quite surprised at that. 

Let's remember France has two rounds election for choosing the President. Even if Le Pen came first for the first round (Which people are actually expecting), she needs to convince the other groups for choosing her in the second round. If any case, for recent polls, she seems to losing some force with the anti-establishment message of Melenchon.

14 hours ago, yoshi said:

Le Pen's in favour is she? Quite surprised at that. 

Yes she is... Here is the translation from the main part of the article:

During the interview, everyone was able to (re) affirm the support of their candidate for the organization of the event. Indeed, some postulants at the Elysée Palace have very quickly announced their approval to the Paris 2024 bid, while others wanted to be much more nuanced. As a result, Benoît Hamon and François Fillon unveiled their adhesion to the project before being joined by Emmanuel Macron. The latter, judging the projection interesting to "revitalize the economy." The same is true for Marine Le Pen, who has confessed to support the candidacy while sharply pointing the slogan chosen, "Made for Sharing" Of "cultural submission to the Anglo-Saxon world".

Finally, the last of the five "great candidates", Jean-Luc Mélenchon, meanwhile took time to join the movement of its competitors. Her representative, Bally Bagaoyoko, explains: "His hostility dates back to the time of the application. Today we are no longer in the same sequence, Paris is now a candidate. "Before specifying the program in the event of the official designation of the city of Light:" We will be attentive to the fact that the envelope of €6.5 billion (1.5 billion of public money) is not exceeded. An independent commission will verify it. We also want, of course, the Games of solidarity, clean and responsible. We can not refuse these great events and the added value they bring. "

Well Le Pen would allow the Olympics to happen on the condition that Muslim countries be banned from competing probably. She's already pushing to close down all mosques in France.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/21/europe/paris-police-shooting-champs-elysees/index.html?sr=fbCNN042117paris-police-shooting-champs-elysees1100AMVODtopLink&linkId=36738695

5 hours ago, LatinXTC said:

Well Le Pen would allow the Olympics to happen on the condition that Muslim countries be banned from competing probably. She's already pushing to close down all mosques in France.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/21/europe/paris-police-shooting-champs-elysees/index.html?sr=fbCNN042117paris-police-shooting-champs-elysees1100AMVODtopLink&linkId=36738695

I guess all the natinalist leaders are always in favour of the Games because it's a way to show their strength....

I was hoping she wouldn't be qualified for the second round because last surveys were not so good for her, but with the yesterday's attack it's done...

2 hours ago, neige said:

I guess all the natinalist leaders are always in favour of the Games because it's a way to show their strength....

I was hoping she wouldn't be qualified for the second round because last surveys were not so good for her, but with the yesterday's attack it's done...

Let's hope the anti establishment speech with Melenchon was enough to divide her. Still, it's key to be in focus for Macron's cause.

9 hours ago, Roger87 said:

Let's hope the anti establishment speech with Melenchon was enough to divide her. Still, it's key to be in focus for Macron's cause.

Hush! It's forbiden to campaign since midnight!;) (It is a day of reflection without campaigning)

A new video of the "parisian" series:

parisian episode #1 : 

And a concatenation of the 360° videos:

5 hours ago, RuFF said:

insidethegames is a bit late...

It relates an interview from March 30. Melenchon has changed his mind since this date! and may change again after the election...

Paris 2024, The Partner Of Trust For The Olympic Movement

In six months’ time the International Olympic Committee will take its decision on who will host the 2024 Olympic and Paralympic Games. Choosing the partner that will organise the world’s greatest sporting event is an incredibly difficult job for the IOC. Drawing on the experience acquired in recent campaigns, Paris 2024 is now even more determined than ever and ready to meet the challenge, a century after the last Summer Games organised in France with the inspiration of Baron Pierre de Coubertin.

I was fortunate enough to experience the Olympics early on. They have definitely inspired me in my career, helping me to become a more complete individual well beyond the competitive arena and the quest for performance. They have enriched my spirit and given meaning to my commitment.

The memory I retain of my first Olympics as a spectator is of the universality of an event unlike any other. Of my first opening ceremony, I remember the amazing solidarity between all peoples. That period of my life has given me an abiding appetite for hard work, respect and the quest for excellence.

Now a member of the IOC and co-president of Paris 2024, I am motivated by the desire to share the passion which drives me in my daily life with young people around the globe.

The 2024 Olympic Games in France would be a unique opportunity to welcome the whole world by offering a spectacular celebration in a Paris transformed into an Olympic park, from the Invalides to the Eiffel Tower, from the Grand Palais to the Champs-Elysées. For the visitors, athletes, volunteers, spectators, journalists and all the others who come to experience the event, our vision is of a Games that will go down both in History and in their own personal histories, that will mark their lives as it has marked mine. In 2024 we want to offer the world a popular and joyful celebration open to as many as possible, a moment when people come together as never before.

I am convinced that Paris 2024 is the partner of trust that the IOC needs. The partner that can set the Games on the path of responsibility, thinking of the legacy as much as the celebration and having a decisive impact on education through sport, inclusion, health and mixing.

France has the facilities and the know-how to organise major events. All the players in civil society are united behind a project in the national interest. After four bids, Paris and France are stronger and more determined than ever. We are ready to share an Olympic Games that will stand out in history.

By taking up the challenge of an Olympics as spectacular and as enduring as ever, with the IOC we will set a new benchmark both in budget terms, taking a controlled approach, and in terms of sustainability, with exemplary social and environmental governance. Above all, Paris 2024 will constitute a major legacy for France, replicable on the international scene. Paris 2024 will open a new chapter in an Olympic movement that demonstrates even more solidarity between Games, confirming the IOC’s initial promise of creating a better world through sport.

Paris 2024 gives us the means to show that the Olympic Games can be an opportunity for organising cities and that the Olympic movement is an opportunity for the whole world. Paris 2024 gives us the means to help revive cities’ interest in this marvellous event so that the Olympic movement continues to inspire people all over the world.

A few weeks away from a landmark decision in the IOC’s history, our ambition is to think about what comes after and about others. About what comes after, because the Olympics will give fresh momentum to the regions of a country, France, whose hunger for the Olympic movement is keener than ever, and for people all over the world, by encouraging sport. About others, precisely because this project, a meaningful one which will create value for the Olympic movement, is intended to be shared with the whole world in order to strengthen its spirit of humanity and community.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, RuFF said:

You need to read 9 posts earlier. Melenchon has accepted the Olympic bid, as neige posted that link from Figaro. Not everything comes from Lenny Abrahamson articles.

^And that's the real problem with a certain poster. They only navigate through the L.A. thread, & only come to the Paris 2024 thread when to post something that they think would be negative to the bid.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, FYI said:

^And that's the real problem with a certain poster. They only navigate through the L.A. thread, & only come to the Paris 2024 thread when to post something that they think would be negative to the bid.

Even when that "negative" thing is forgotten. Delusion.