Paris 2024

10 hours ago, neige said:

better to show night renders to avoid unpleasant remarks:rolleyes:

Vision

576e135380b94_londenos.jpg?itok=Xcv1O7hn

Compromise on dusk matbe?

9 hours ago, Sir Rols said:

Well, it IS imagining Paris in July - which is usually pretty bloody hot. And it is promotional. What's the problem?

Come to think of it, I can't remember any rainy day renders for LA... or London.

A few rainy day photos taken during the 2012 Games though !

9 hours ago, Rob. said:

Pretty sure he was making a joke about Paris apparently 'copying' LA by daring to use the sun in their images.

i.e. referring to the most ridiculous non-story GB has ever published - http://www.gamesbids.com/eng/robs-bidblog/bidweek-paris-takes-a-shine-to-l-a-s-sunny-tagline-500-days-to-lima/

Amirite?

You may think that, I couldn't possibly comment ...

7 hours ago, JO2024 said:

Seriously? That sun scandal again? WTF? I just read in the L.A topic that Ruff guy mentioning it, AGAIN!

So, let me make things clear here:

A. The sun doesn't belong to any country or any city. It is our star. Earth's star. So yes, there is sun in L.A, but yes, there is the exact same sun in Paris. And in every fucking country on this planet.

B. Renders: Yes, wouldn't it be great to have renders of a cloudy and rainy Paris? The problem is...it gets freaking sunny and warm in Paris during the summer. So, just deal with it.

I'm not adressing anyone in particular, but you really need to cut the crap with that follow the sun / day of the sun bullshit.

It is indeed the exact same sun in Paris as in LA- but it's further away B) (and, more to the point, at a lower angle in the sky).

4 hours ago, JMarkSnow2012 said:

It is indeed the exact same sun in Paris as in LA- but it's further away B) (and, more to the point, at a lower angle in the sky).

...and lasts longer in the evening;)

Anyway, the sun is a thing that naturally goes from America to Asia/Oceania, and then to Europe/Africa, and back to America. Just wait for your turn!:)

8 hours ago, baron-pierreIV said:

I don't know that this has any real influence on the voting.  Except for Mexico and Montreal (and other cities in the western hemisphere), all the other cities I see, would make for shorter and cheaper flights to Paris.  That's why they're backing Paris this time -- and many from the ex-French colonies, so they probably also have families in Paris.  So, it's all a very backyard-BBQ reasoning.)  

Yeah, but you damn well should know, that if this were the other way around, & it was all these cities & mayors "supporting" L.A., that tRuffmpy would be all over it!! :lol: But of course since the support is for Paris 2024, her trap is shut about it!

It'll be in athletics mode with the seats pushed back, so not really ideal for football. Though that hasn't stopped previous hosts using their Olympic Stadiums for football. I guess Paris is prioritising spectator experience over outright capacity, but it is a big capacity drop compared with what LA is offering for football finals.

12 hours ago, Roger87 said:

Well, Japan was at that level, and still won fairly :D

Budapest seems to be in the same level too :D

It's incredible, nobody wants SoG or WoG in Europe... With a referendum Paris should probably stop their bid. I think it's a bad idea to bid without the majority of people for. 

5 minutes ago, Tulsa said:

Budapest seems to be in the same level too :D

It's incredible, nobody wants SoG or WoG in Europe... With a referendum Paris should probably stop their bid. I think it's a bad idea to bid without the majority of people for. 

If my friend is right, even Budapest will find opposition inside the Parliament dominant party.

17 hours ago, Rob. said:

Unfortunately I don't click on Daily Heil links, but will take your word for it.

I understand.

Here are others others basically reporting on the same thing.

https://www.rt.com/viral/377738-paris-olympics-slogan-angers/ 

http://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1047187/french-language-group-criticise-paris-2024-for-english-slogan

Extremely interesting (but not all that surprising, either), that China, Russia, India & even Brazil strongly favor Paris. And while Germany, Italy & the U.K. it's less, they too, still favor Paris. Only the U.S. favors L.A. But even there, it's by a slim margin. This is telling, cuz I believe this also reflects respectively within the IOC, too.