Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This thread is now unreadable.

Rendering of the Olympic stadium (stade de France) and the aquatic center. 

Because Baron.

3 hours ago, FYI said:

What a spectacular idea! :P

No way, it's a terrible idea.  I don't want to wait all these years to see these forums blow up in a US vs Canada battle and you know you don't want that either!  :D:D:lol::lol:

Paris 2024, then let Toronto and LA battle for 2028!

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Quaker2001 said:

No way, it's a terrible idea.  I don't want to wait all these years to see these forums blow up in a US vs Canada battle and you know you don't want that either!  :D:D:lol::lol:

Paris 2024, then let Toronto and LA battle for 2028!

OMG - you are so right! I'd PAY $ for such a match-up!! Can you just imagine?! :lol:

IN ONE CORNER - you have tRuffmp, & in the SECOND CORNER - you have phlegm; both leading their respective cheerleading cohorts, taking jabs at one another 'til 2028 vote day! It'd make for good GB's reading since the 2012 race, to say the least!! :lol:

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2017 at 4:58 PM, FYI said:

OMG - you are so right! I'd PAY $ for such a match-up!! Can you just imagine?! :lol:

IN ONE CORNER - you have tRuffmp, & in the SECOND CORNER - you have phlegm; both leading their respective cheerleading cohorts, taking jabs at one another 'til 2028 vote day! It'd make for good GB's reading since the 2012 race, to say the least!! :lol:

 

A Toronot V LA race would be very entertaining...throw in Brisbane just to add some Aussie excitement. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So, what's new?

a new slogan: MADE FOR SHARING

a new web site with a new video: http://www.paris2024.org/en/vision

some new pieces of information:

Two major Olympic trails will create an inviting and festive promenade encouraging residents and visitors to wander while enjoying Paris and the Paris 2024 celebration:

  • the River Loop will follow the River Seine and its canals from the Eiffel Tower up to the Stade de France;
  • and the Light Trail will draw a path along Paris’s most iconic cultural venues and major gathering places.

Two official live sites:

  • the Trocadero Live Site facing the Eiffel Tower (should look like the 90 000 spectators fan zone for Euro 2016)
  • the La Villette Live Site located in the Parc de la Villette (it will be dedicated to sport and culture)

Olympic Village:

  • The Village will host training venues for 60% of these athletes

Nothing new concerning sport venues:

  • I was hoping Handball could get the main Paris Arena (instead of basketball) after the successful 2017 World Championship... but it's not the case.:(

That's what I noticed. What else?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, here ya go.  Paris has the lease for the Oly Village site only until/for 2024 -- as Paris 2024 tells the IOC.

I think that pretty much sums it up.  

http://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1046620/paris-claim-they-would-be-unable-to-host-2028-olympics-and-paralympics 

Edited by baron-pierreIV
Link to post
Share on other sites

^Yep, Paris is one of the most expensive real estate in the world. So they're not gonna be able to hold onto that (limited space of) land indefinitely. And it's just more reason why they wouldn't be back for a 2028 bid. But USC ain't going anywhere! :lol: Wasn't their 2012 OV site also dependent of the 2012 bid, btw? 

But anyway, so unless the IOC wants a B-class, or even C-class, "iffy" European city (or better yet, head right back to Asia :lol:) for 2028, then Paris is it for the 2024 Olympics!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/02/2017 at 11:41 PM, neige said:

 

  • I was hoping Handball could get the main Paris Arena (instead of basketball) after the successful 2017 World Championship... but it's not the case.:(

That's what I noticed. What else?

IOC requirements ask for a bigger venue for Basketball than for Handball so that's probably why.

 

On 04/02/2017 at 4:16 AM, FYI said:

^Yep, Paris is one of the most expensive real estate in the world. So they're not gonna be able to hold onto that (limited space of) land indefinitely. And it's just more reason why they wouldn't be back for a 2028 bid. But USC ain't going anywhere! :lol: Wasn't their 2012 OV site also dependent of the 2012 bid, btw? 

The 2012 village site has been developed since losing the bid. It has become a new neighborhood with a park and the new courthouse building is under construction there:

TGI2.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

The 2024 village site is indeed prime real estate. The new metro station there will be the most important one for the new Grand Paris Express project. It is poised to become an important transportation and business hub in the coming decades.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Roger87 said:

Yep, having Mike Lee on their side definetely helped Paris. Adding the Trump mess in foreign relations, Paris 2024 is 99,99% close deal (At least until now)

Is Mike Lee helping with the bid? I didn't know that. Paris is certainly making sure they are covering all bases this time round. Good for them! ;)

Edited by Mainad
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2017 at 8:57 AM, DamC said:

The 2012 village site has been developed since losing the bid. It has become a new neighborhood with a park and the new courthouse building is under construction there:

TGI2.jpg

Okay, thought so. Just couldn't remember exacly where it was.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, JMarkSnow2012 said:

They seem to be putting a heck of a lot of emphasis on Sunny weather in those renders ;)

Well, it IS imagining Paris in July - which is usually pretty bloody hot. And it is promotional. What's the problem?

Come to think of it, I can't remember any rainy day renders for LA... or London.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty sure he was making a joke about Paris apparently 'copying' LA by daring to use the sun in their images.

i.e. referring to the most ridiculous non-story GB has ever published - http://www.gamesbids.com/eng/robs-bidblog/bidweek-paris-takes-a-shine-to-l-a-s-sunny-tagline-500-days-to-lima/

Amirite?

Edited by Rob.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Seriously? That sun scandal again? WTF? I just read in the L.A topic that Ruff guy mentioning it, AGAIN!

So, let me make things clear here:

A. The sun doesn't belong to any country or any city. It is our star. Earth's star. So yes, there is sun in L.A, but yes, there is the exact same sun in Paris. And in every fucking country on this planet.

B. Renders: Yes, wouldn't it be great to have renders of a cloudy and rainy Paris? The problem is...it gets freaking sunny and warm in Paris during the summer. So, just deal with it.

I'm not adressing anyone in particular, but you really need to cut the crap with that follow the sun / day of the sun bullshit.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ansem said:

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/autres-sports/olympisme/201702/08/01-5067721-jeux-olympiques-montreal-soutient-la-candidature-de-paris.php

Over 50 major cities including Montreal, Athens, Mexico, Munich and sydney announced their support for Paris 2024.

Also past host cities are openly supporting Paris

 

I don't know that this has any real influence on the voting.  Except for Mexico and Montreal (and other cities in the western hemisphere), all the other cities I see, would make for shorter and cheaper flights to Paris.  That's why they're backing Paris this time -- and many from the ex-French colonies, so they probably also have families in Paris.  So, it's all a very backyard-BBQ reasoning.)  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...