Paris 2024

Oh no, we're in again for a debate about Paris stealing LA's image....

It's just a "dégradé" of orange and yellow, like there is on the Paris 2024 bid logo.

Well, this certainly doesn't help your argument.

Come one Paris. you're better than this. (Also posted this in the LA Forum)

http://www.latimes.com/sports/more/la-sp-sn-paris-visits-la-20160616-snap-story.html

http://www.latimes.com/sports/more/la-sp-sn-paris-visits-la-20160616-snap-story.html

It doesn't make a difference either way to his argument. It doesn't strengthen it or weaken it. It's entirely unrelated to it.

And what's you're problem with this? No doubt if LA did the same you'd say it was covering all bases and being diligent.

The IOC does not forbid it. Even as LA2024 says, they are NOT secret installations, so what is wrong with that? In real estate practice, it's called "due diligence" -- just checking out the competition. BESIDES, the French were already here in 1984...so...they're coming back for a nostalgia visit. You should be glad, they are spending euros in the US. <_<

• Like 1

The IOC does not forbid it. Even as LA2024 says, they are NOT secret installations, so what is wrong with that? In real estate practice, it's called "due diligence" -- just checking out the competition. BESIDES, the French were already here in 1984...so...they're coming back for a nostalgia visit. You should be glad, they are spending euros in the US. <_<

Haha. Ok.

Welcome (back) to America guys. Hope you enjoy LA!

Haha. Ok.

Welcome (back) to America guys. Hope you enjoy LA!

• Like 1

How rude and tacky those French visitors to LA were, they threatened to call the police on NBC cameras that were filming......

i mean who cares if you visit, they were the ones acting like it was some secret mission and making a big deal about it.

Next time call ahead and LA24 would probably be happy to host you have lunch.

#rudefrench

• Like 1

How rude and tacky those French visitors to LA were, they threatened to call the police on NBC cameras that were filming......

i mean who cares if you visit, they were the ones acting like it was some secret mission and making a big deal about it.

Next time call ahead and LA24 would probably be happy to host you have lunch.

#rudefrench

Obviously that young woman from the consulate is an amateur. But at the same time, one is entitled to some privacy, diplomat or not.

Yep! It naturally goes from America to Asia...and then to Europe...and back to America.... ;)

1 hour and a half of more sun per day in Paris! :)

http://www.timeanddate.com/sun/france/paris?month=8&year=2016

August 1st 2016 — Paris sunset: 21H29 Los Angeles sunset: 19H53

We really going to turn this into a sun battle? Especially since you're guaranteed to see the sun throughout the whole games in LA whereas in Paris not so much? lol ok.

"The French...the French are some of the ruddest people in the world...let me tell you. Now they are coming into our fantastic host city LA. LA is such a fantastic city, not as great as New York, but it's tremendously successful. France is coming into our fantastic candidate city, they are bringing crime, they're liars and cheaters. They are corrupt. They are rude. Disgrace to the Olympic Movement. Let me tell you, PussyParis isn't gonna win. Let me tell you, when I'm President, no country is going to be spying on us or beating us. We will be so good at spying on them you won't believe it." - Donald J. Drumpf (I imagine)

"Following this months earlier events, my campaign is calling for the banning of all French people from the United States. Their attempt to spy on the US was as badly executed as it was badly mannered. French people are corrupt and hell bent on beating America. We will beat them. #PussyParis will not win the Olympics. America will win the Olympics." - Donald J. Drumpf two day later

"I just love French people. There food is so good. Loire Valley. Beautiful City. Great friend of America. They are such a good friend and if my friend Marine Le Pen gets elected, let me tell you, we are going to work so well together you're going to be sick of us working together. Another thing, I think Paris would make a great Olympic city. Great people. Great sport. Great women. Much better than Liberal LA." President Donald J. Drumpf

After the Paris sports plan, it is now Seine-Saint-Denis (area of the Grand Paris Zone) that unveils a 24 actions plan.

http://www.seine-saint-denis.fr/IMG/pdf/ssd_93_jo_paris_2024_hd16juin.pdf

It includes:

• A marathon between Olympic venues of the Seine-Saint-Denis area
  • A bicycle home on the Ourcq Canal
  • An olympic track dedicated to soft mobility instead of the former RN2
  • An International Paralympic meeting
  • A school Olympiad

The olympic bid boosts Grand Paris Express

10 TBM (instead of 7 initially planed) are now used so that the Grand Paris Express is ready for 2024.

http://www.lesechos.fr/pme-regions/actualite-des-marches-publics/021994961723-les-jo-accelerent-le-grand-paris-express-2008619.php

10 TBM is only for the line 15 South segment. If you take into account all the scheduled lines (14 to Orly, 16, etc...), you are probably far above 20.