Paris 2024

13 hours ago, baron-pierreIV said:

More than that…

Russian Influence Campaign Targeting Paris Olympics, Microsoft Warns

The loony latins over at ITG know who signs the pay checks, though :rolleyes:

Kremlin slams Russian Olympic disinformation report as 'slander'

• Confused 1

The Russians are obviously to be watched, but do not also forget Azerbaijan which is carrying out influence operations against France, targeting in particular the Olympic Games.

https://www.francetvinfo.fr/les-jeux-olympiques/les-francais/jo-de-paris-2024-une-campagne-de-desinformation-liee-a-l-azerbaidjan-a-cible-la-competition-selon-un-rapport_6181863.html

They are also very active at the moment with what is happening in New Caledonia. I will not be surprised if in the coming weeks, Azerbaijan also intensifies its actions, targeting the Olympic Games again. (without going as far as depositing false coffins...)

Did anyone ever see the fake, AI Tom cruise voice generated video from last year? The IOC even asked youtube to take it down, but it's still on other platform(s) apparently. Still would've been interesting to see all the krem!in 'fake news'  propaganda on it.

Is it "slander" if it's accurate, though. One would have to be absolutely naive to believe that they're not trying to do at least some of that. Deny', deny, deny is always the liars playbook. That's like believing Chump-face in his constant claims that he did "nothing wrong".

I will not be surprised if in the coming weeks, Azerbaijan also intensifies it's actions, targeting the Olympic Games again.

I guess Azerbaijan is still jealous that they were dissed a couple of times already in trying to get the Olympic Games themselves before. And those type of negative actions show, even more, why they never deserved them TBW.

11 minutes ago, FYI said:

Is it "slander" if it's accurate, though. One would have to be absolutely naive to believe that they're not trying to do at least some of that. Deny', deny, deny is always the liars playbook. That's like believing Chump-face in his constant claims that he did "nothing wrong".

I guess Azerbaijan is still jealous that they were dissed a couple of times already in trying to get the Olympic Games themselves before. And those type of negative actions show, even more, why they never deserved them TBW.

Azerbaijan's actions are mainly explained by France's support for Armenia. When I said "again", it was more to say that in recent weeks they seemed to have turned away from the Olympic Games in their disinformation campaign, but that it could start again.

13 minutes ago, FYI said:

I was noting here only a few weeks ago how ITG have been taking the hyper-critical route on the road to Paris. It’s been so transparent.

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, Sir Rols said:

I was noting here only a few weeks ago how ITG have been taking the hyper-critical route on the road to Paris. It’s been so transparent.

Unsurprising. I've unfollowed all their channels, only ever see their stuff when someone posts it here.

Memories of Sydney doing their Olympic Rings on the Sydney Harbour Bridge for the Sydney Olympics but it was only lit up the day before the Opening Ceremony and "exploded" in pyrotechnics at the end of the Closing Ceremony and only lit up in gold not in the 5 colours or changed colour each night. 

The sails of the Opera House wasn't used for lighting up then. 

11 minutes ago, yoshi said:

Low-key missing the burning rings from the opening ceremony renders though. 

There are 100,000 LEDs in the rings. They will be white at night, so I hope something special for the ceremony.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cyriln said:

There are 100,000 LEDs in the rings. They will be white at night, so I hope something special for the ceremony.

Really?! They don't look big enough for that... will they light up from tonight or only from July 26? 

(Also illuminated circles above the ceremony, to go with the circle in the torch, the circle the torch is lighting every day, the circular fountain you said the cauldron is going in... maybe I just answered my own question)

Scratch the earlier one, THAT is one of the all time iconic Olympic images. I guess that means there's no role for the Tower in the ceremony itself...& might the 100000 LEDs refer to the whole Tower? Presumably they have to replace the lighting every so often & this would be the best time. 

12 minutes ago, yoshi said:

Scratch the earlier one, THAT is one of the all time iconic Olympic images. I guess that means there's no role for the Tower in the ceremony itself...& might the 100000 LEDs refer to the whole Tower? Presumably they have to replace the lighting every so often & this would be the best time. 

Oh, on the contrary, they are going to have fun with the Eiffel Tower and probably light it up with all the colors possible. I mean, if you want a good example, you can search YouTube for Bastille Day fireworks. We can even imagine that during the night the 100,000 LEDs in the rings, rather than all being lit white, reproduce country flags. (which would be absolutely great for the arrival of the delegations at the Trocadéro, with the flags of the countries on the rings of the Eiffel Tower, but unfortunately it will still be daylight when they arrive at the Trocadéro)

3 minutes ago, sebastien1214 said:

We can even imagine that during the night the 100,000 LEDs in the rings, rather than all being lit white, reproduce country flags.

I'm not sure Macron would like to see some flags on the Eiffel Tower...

I was first!

spacer.png

Very Chanel!!  So, yeah, that pre-empted the cauldron from being in there.  (And it would not have been any better on ground-level.)   But the floating cauldron will be a good one.  

Yes please!!!

Kisses, Taylor :wub:

• Like 1