Jump to content

Recommended Posts

It's now 3 days until the big reveal of the new emblem!
It'll be streamed live on the Paris 2024 Facebook, Twitter and YouTube accounts next Monday at 7:15pm (Paris time), from the Grand Rex cinema in Paris.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This thread is now unreadable.

Rendering of the Olympic stadium (stade de France) and the aquatic center. 

Because Baron.

Only one day left and today, the International Paralympic Committee has updated their iconic Agitos symbol. Expect this to appear on the new Paralympic emblem for Paris 2024.

Dunno if Tokyo or Beijing 2022 will update theirs with the new-look Agitos.

320px-Paralympics_2019.svg.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, yoshi said:

Um...it’s the same? What’s the change? :unsure:

There are some noticeable changes, the agitos are redrawn and are thicker, the colours are also brighter as well.

Hope that helps

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Shiruba98 said:

Only one day left and today, the International Paralympic Committee has updated their iconic Agitos symbol. Expect this to appear on the new Paralympic emblem for Paris 2024.

Dunno if Tokyo or Beijing 2022 will update theirs with the new-look Agitos.

320px-Paralympics_2019.svg.png

Looks the same to me.  The IPC is a crazy organization.  They spend so much for all their ridiculous Heriage Flame lighting ceremonies; yet can't decide to stick with one, simple dignified one.  I think it's an organization that just sucks all those who can't work for the IOC.  

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, baron-pierreIV said:

Looks the same to me.  The IPC is a crazy organization.  They spend so much for all their ridiculous Heriage Flame lighting ceremonies; yet can't decide to stick with one, simple dignified one.  I think it's an organization that just sucks all those who can't work for the IOC.  

Hopefully Tokyo's lighting won't be too flashy or inspirational.

All we just want is them to light the flame and send it to Japan.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, yoshi said:

The first dots on the screen, the emphasis on the geography...I’d laugh if all this hype turns into a copy of Birmingham’s Commie logo. 

I think they'll be forming the logo through the map?

Who knows what it'll be

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, yoshi said:

That’s what I’m thinking, like how Birmingham’s logo is a map of the West Midlands with all the towns linked straight. Maybe the theme of 2020s sports graphics is taking geography literally :lol:

I'm thinking it'll be a fleur de lys?

Link to post
Share on other sites

The dots are clearly either the logo or they’re gonna form what forms the logo. Why else would they need all teams in their destinations? I’m pleased they’re doing something big like this though, it wouldn’t be properly French if it wasn’t artsy & slightly odd (see 92/98 ceremonies) :p

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, yoshi said:

The dots are clearly either the logo or they’re gonna form what forms the logo. Why else would they need all teams in their destinations? I’m pleased they’re doing something big like this though, it wouldn’t be properly French if it wasn’t artsy & slightly odd (see 92/98 ceremonies) :p

That's what I'm thinking. The dots will probably form the shape of the emblem.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, baron-pierreIV said:

It's OK.  The last 3 Winter Games have been AWFUL; and this one is at least better than those and of London 2012 also.  

That's what I was thinking .... better than London 2012. Still feel like there's something missing with it, I'm not sure what, but it just feels a little bland. Oh well, London's logo was fugly and Rio's was not ... obviously had no bearing on their subsequent legacies.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...