Paris 2024

So now there's chatter about moving boxing from the covered court at Roland Garros to the exhibition hall at Porte de Versailles that was formerly set to host basketball prelims. Needless to say, the French Boxing Federation isn't happy about the idea. Seems ridiculous anyway. Why move boxing when the newly covered Suzanne Lenglen Court is more than adequate . . . unless there's other plans such as moving handball out of Lille so basketball prelims can be held there. Perhaps handball to the Suzanne Lenglen Court if that's even possible?

On 4/21/2022 at 7:27 AM, stryker said:

So now there's chatter about moving boxing from the covered court at Roland Garros to the exhibition hall at Porte de Versailles that was formerly set to host basketball prelims. Needless to say, the French Boxing Federation isn't happy about the idea. Seems ridiculous anyway. Why move boxing when the newly covered Suzanne Lenglen Court is more than adequate . . . unless there's other plans such as moving handball out of Lille so basketball prelims can be held there. Perhaps handball to the Suzanne Lenglen Court if that's even possible?

They're have been a lot of with the roofing for the Roland Garros venue.

3 minutes ago, Scotguy II said:

Praying that Macron wins this election.... not only for the stability of the world and decency but also he is one of my top sexy world leaders haha #politicalcrush

I gave it a laugh react cause you find Macron attractive. (Not against it tho, just for the lols)

14 hours ago, Scotguy II said:

Praying that Macron wins this election.... not only for the stability of the world and decency but also he is one of my top sexy world leaders haha #politicalcrush

I also quite like him myself - I’ve had a bit of a man crush on him since he called out our PM for being the lying waste of space he is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

The International Boxing Federation direction and leadership have really messed things up for boxing even now being at Paris 2024 at all.

The high risk now is that the IOC will expel boxing if IBA don’t allow free and fair elections …. and the latter is not looking likely.

What an arrogant, stupid and poor excuse for an international sporting federation this IBA is, seriously. 

I really feel for the athletes preparing for Paris 2024 boxing qualification and who are now staring horrified at the real possibility of their Paris Olympic dreams imploding in front of their eyes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, AustralianFan said:

Looks like Paris will have a kind of “Olympic play area” outside Stade De France for energetic spectators ?

this is for olympic day on june 26

• Like 1

No it is not.

The qualification events and organisation of the Boxing Tournament will not be run by IBA but there will be an alternative model (most likely a Task Force like was done in Tokyo).

Boxing is however uncertain for LA 28. 

• Like 1