Paris 2024

What did you try to demonstrate with your stupid posts here and in another thread ??

6 peoples say something bad about Paris, and so ? there are peoples who are against, is not a big surprise !! and only so few mesages is just the proof they are a minorities and your forgot. And your forgot to say that the paris 2024 tweet has more than 800 like.

In short, cretin !!! like it or not, Paris will have the games.

And to finish with a happy news, today Warren Barguil win the stage 13 of the tour de France, and it's the first frenchman since 2005 to win a stage on Bastille Day.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, brennus86 said:

What did you try to demonstrate with your stupid posts here and in another thread ??

6 peoples say something bad about Paris, and so ? there are peoples who are against, is not a big surprise !! and only so few mesages is just the proof they are a minorities and your forgot. And your forgot to say that the paris 2024 tweet has more than 800 like.

Every forum has its groups of jerks and trolls like the previous poster.

Brennus86, don't fret too much. You'll get use to their frustration & bitterness after awhile. But that is that certain posters usual MO. Attacking & criticizing other countries & cultures while everything is hunky-dory in L.A. & Southern California.

They're a complete xenophobe & one of the biggest hypocrites on these boards. To quote one of their posts in the L.A. thread from a couple of months ago, with only changing two key words (which I will *asterick) you will see where their glaring hypocrisies come in very brightly that you'll need to put on one of those "L.A. is all 'sprinkles & rainbows" sunglasses that they always have on in order that you don't become blind by it like they have:

"@ *paul

It seems that you twist everything to try to create some false narrative that *Paris has some crap bid? You are piling on every comment or news & non-news bit & stiring it round till it's part of your prefered perspective. No offense but we get it..... YOU think the *Paris bid is one of the worst ever & a total fantasy.

I think you are one of the very few who feel that way, though I think *Paris has a great potential to do what they say they will do.... it's a 'fantasy' to pretend *Paris is anything but an amazingly appealing bid."

1 hour ago, brennus86 said:

no...only 4 of the 6 responses were negative...that's what i said....don't exaggerate....I wasn't. I didn't point out that one posters put several terror pictures as a response...but I'll mention it now.

...I don't "like" or "dislike" if Paris has the games......we all have acknowledged that Paris must win 24 or it would be an unbearable disgrace after the 2012 disgrace that was taken so hard.

p.s. for the record I do not want LA to host AT ALL.....however if it is thrust upon one......one must host I guess.

45 minutes ago, FYI said:

Brennus86, don't fret too much. You'll get use to their frustration & bitterness after awhile. But that is that certain posters usual MO. Attacking & criticizing other countries & cultures while everything is hunky-dory in L.A. & Southern California.

They're a complete xenophobe & one of the biggest hypocrites on these boards. To quote one of their posts in the L.A. thread from a couple of months ago, with only changing two key words (which I will *asterick) you will see where their glaring hypocrisies come in very brightly that you'll need to put on one of those "L.A. is all 'sprinkles & rainbows" sunglasses that they always have on in order that you don't become blind by it like they have:

"@ *paul

It seems that you twist everything to try to create some false narrative that *Paris has some crap bid? You are piling on every comment or news & non-news bit & stiring it round till it's part of your prefered perspective. No offense but we get it..... YOU think the *Paris bid is one of the worst ever & a total fantasy.

I think you are one of the very few who feel that way, though I think *Paris has a great potential to do what they say they will do.... it's a 'fantasy' to pretend *Paris is anything but an amazingly appealing bid."

....look little groupie, I never said a Paris bid is bad per se....just that it's going to go WAY over budget, it's a same old same old bloated euro-style Olympic debacle waiting to happen, there's a scarier than usual terror risk that is not allowed to be discussed, they are desperate to win, and I can't wait to watch it all.

..oh and they absolutely have a JOKE of a creative team designing consistently bad logo/look/media etc. it's a total cluster-funk....sorry bout it. (at least compared to the LA creative ideas and assets which make Paris 24 look like fools)

Edited by paul

Oh look, "I said something & one of the L.A. 'little groupies' has been 'triggered fa daze' & has to say something immediately". :lol:

But anyway, now who's "exaggerating"? How do you know that it's going to go "WAY" over budget, when Paris 2024 is nothing like Sochi 2014, Rio 2016, Beijing 2008, Tokyo 2020 or even London 2012.

If anything, Paris 2024 is more in sink with L.A.'s bid more than you think, but it's much easier for you to criticize it with your overblown exaggerations like a lot of the media does. The only big ticket item is the OV, but that's happening regardless of the Games. It's not much different from the BILLIONS that L.A. is also investing in infrastructure improvements. 

And the terror risk? As if the U.S. & L.A. would be immune to that. And at the rate things are going here, I'd be very concerned what things will be like in California (& the rest of the country for that matter) in the next decade as well. 

But anyway, why am I wasting my time with you. Like your GF PuFF, you already have your mind already set up for a specific L.A. lovin' agenda, & nothing challenging anyone else says matters. As far as the rest of your post, it's a petty attempt of absolutely nothing.

But I can't wait either for when L.A. is given the (2028) Olympics that they so "desperately" want, too. And then you cringing everyday 'til then that those "greedy, corrupt Euro-holes" that you claim to dislike so much are coming to your backyard, lmfao.

56 minutes ago, paul said:

I never said a Paris bid is bad per se....

And I (& others for that matter) never said an L.A. bid is bad, either. But yet you (& your gal pal) always incorrectly claim that I (& others) are always "bashing" L.A. & are "anti-L.A." & yada, yada.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, FYI said:

But I can't wait either for when L.A. is given the (2028) Olympics that they so "desperately" want, too. And then you cringing everyday 'til then that those "greedy, corrupt Euro-holes" that you claim to dislike so much are coming to your backyard, lmfao.

..........well, when you live in the united states and specifically LA it's hard to avoid the games being thrust upon one every few years......it's really rough for us, but we'll get through it somehow. B) I do however hope there is a silver platter involved at some point in the offering.

Cool vs Historic......right on I'd say.

Edited by paul

That is so funny

I am at the Eiffel Tower for the Bastille Day fireworks.

And guess what, the music played during the fireworks is "Olympic fanfare and theme"  by John Williams.

:rolleyes:

Edited by hektor
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, paul said:

I do however hope there is a silver platter involved at some point in the offering.

Don't hold your breath. As Bach said, whoever get the 2028 Olympics, that's a "gift" in itself. So no further "concessions" (or to use your description - "silver platter") are needed, lmfao.

• Like 2

On 7/25/2017 at 9:27 AM, daveypodmore said:

The medals for Paris 2024 have already been designed apparently and can split into 4 to be shared. Design by Phillippe Starck

https://www.dezeen.com/2017/07/25/philippe-starck-paris-2024-olympic-medals-designed-to-be-shared/

Eh.  I dunno that the IOC would approve.  OK, if I was a medal winner, I'd share with 3 others.  But then I get caught cheating, and so I have to return the medal.  So I have to scrounge around to those I gave it too?  I think the IOC would veto this dumb idea.  It's not like a torch which can collapse and separate (Rio's).  Duh!! 

First misstep of Paris -- going after these peripheral stuff with someone who doesn't know what he's doing.  Dumb idea. 

Nice concept, matching Paris bid motto "made for sharing"  

Baron-pierreIV has a good point too, but i think the majority of these additional medals will finish on ebay, some hours after be given to athletes....

For me it's just a promotional item to sell Paris's bid, i can't see athletes of 2024 with that around their neck !!

21 hours ago, brennus86 said:

The video of the medal has been poted on youtube, and by the description, it seem just to be a promotional medal "made for sharing" and not THE medal concept for the 2024 games.

Could be.  But the IOC safeguards and holds copyright to even abstract things like a flame/torch idea.  Why stop at four clones?  Why not 8? 12? 16 clones, etc.?  

So this thing about spreading out "Olympic medals" isn't really a very good idea.  And as you said, these things will go on eBay immediately, and people will be fooled into thinking is that a real Olympic medal or a fake?  Basically, this dumb idea will diminish the value of an Olympic medal.  The IOC is just too busy right now lining up Paris and LA for the all-important agreement of 2024/28.  But I think this will be shot down once the Executive Board gets a load of it, and the IOC runs it by its legal counsel.  

Edited by baron-pierreIV

On 24/1/2015 at 0:13 PM, Tulsa said:

If you have a strong bid maybe, you could win. But Paris is already down, because mayor of Paris doesn't want this bid, because Parisians don't want to host SOG and because lot of people think than SoG are too expensive. If your team is not strong since the beginning, you can't win and Paris is not strong enough for this battle.

OMG, reading Tulsa's old posts is actually funny (Like this one) in retrospective. I wonder where is he/she now :lol:?