Paris 2024

If France beats Serbia tomorrow, and of course Brazil beats a young Russian team - then the semi-finals will be Brazil v. USA (that's going to be tough) and France v. Canada (which will be very interesting since Canada's new coach is Stephane Antiga (French player) on Friday and Saturday.   

Edited by baron-pierreIV
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Roger87 said:

After a tight fight, the prediction is correct: France vs. Canada and Brazil vs. USA.

Told ya, I can predict the things I am passionate about -- correctly.  Paris will get 2024; LA 2028. WC 2026 will be the North American bid.  If Chile can join Argentina & Uruguay, and their economies are sound, they will probably get the Men's 2030 WC despite the grumblings of some Euro quarters.  

Am not sure about the Brazil-USA match later.  Brazil is the more experienced team; and the USA is without its stars Matt Anderson and Max Holt; but the new, young ones have been able to take France to 5 sets and beat Serbia, last year's winner, in 4 -- so who knows on that one??

• Like 2

Ok. So just because Gamesbids isn't talking about it, the Paris 2024 bid report was really really good. There you go.

No surprises here, but since there was a whole article about it from Gamesbids, I thought I should balance it up a bit.

My sources are from a French website, so I thought it wouldn't interest you. But just in case, here you go:

http://sport24.lefigaro.fr/jeux-olympiques/jo-2024/actualites/paris-2024-encense-par-la-commission-d-evaluation-du-cio-867055

• Like 2

1 hour ago, baron-pierreIV said:

Who do you think will take the Gold?  I think Brazil because of home court advantage.  I hope USA wins Bronze over Canada. 

Brazil is the classic favourite, but France has shown strenght. While Brazil is also my predix, I don't discount a French surprise at all.

4 hours ago, JO2024 said:

Ok. So just because Gamesbids isn't talking about it, the Paris 2024 bid report was really really good. There you go.

No surprises here, but since there was a whole article about it from Gamesbids, I thought I should balance it up a bit.

My sources are from a French website, so I thought it wouldn't interest you. But just in case, here you go:

http://sport24.lefigaro.fr/jeux-olympiques/jo-2024/actualites/paris-2024-encense-par-la-commission-d-evaluation-du-cio-867055

Maybe it wasn't reported because this result was widely expected. However, it's nice to post it considering everything.

On 8/7/2017 at 3:14 AM, hektor said:

Well, now it's confirmed by Gamesbids and Inside the Games. Also, he's confirmed for Lima this September. Also, Macron's wife Brigitte Macron-Trogneux will have a private dinner with Bach's wife Claudia (Like Cherie Booth did with Rogge's wife Anne)