Paris 2024

51 minutes ago, Roger87 said:

While accusing others in lack of self awareness, arrogance, lack of cultural thoughts and discussing no others like stereotypes and cliches from different nations and generations, yep this is like

...um.....oh my.....I THINK I got what you meant by that combination of English words. why are you always so angry and quick to "blah-blah-blah-i know-you-are-but-what-am-i".....i get  it..it's the French way....super offended at everything for no reason...always self-centered thinking everything is about you.....yada yada yada..... mellow out dude. for the record:

-i don't remember accusing Paris of lack of self awareness......but the claim can probably be made quite easily.

-arrogance??.....well DUH....it's what the French do best and most consistently.

-lack of culture....never said that...don't believe it......I just bought 2 pair of Saint Laurent sneakers yesterday  (oh wait the designer is Italian-Belgian....sorry-'bout-it)

...now over the last few months I think you have tried to say all that and more about the US or me or Trump or whatever.....to be very very honest i read you posts but mostly it's a quick glance.....i started remembering you when you were acting like we have some personal beef.....your beef is with anyone who isn't falling for all the Olympic spin...which is me I guess. My beef is with the entire Olympic Movement......I think it's **** and should be banned in the US. Oh.....and I do like to make fun of Paris for how seriously desperate you/they always sound regarding 2024.......there are so many other problem in Paris like the cultural takeover of western europe that you could be focused on.

5 hours ago, Chatita said:

First timer.

I only have a week reading posts and right now I think paul is just insufferable. You guys deserve applause for stoically enduring

LMFAO!! :lol: And that's only scratching the surface here! That last post of theirs is a classic case of PROJECTION on their part. Him & his "everything is sunshine & roses in L.A." colored bi-focals cohort over in the L.A. thread for the last 21 months lol. And anyone who dares challenge that view of theirs, well they then get "super offended at everything for no reason, always self-centered thinking & yada yada yada, blah blah blah" cuz that's "the SoCali way".

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FYI said:

LMFAO!! :lol: And that's only scratching the surface here! That last post of theirs is a classic case of PROJECTION on their part. Him & his "everything is sunshine & roses in L.A." colored bi-focals cohort over in the L.A. thread for the last 21 months lol. And anyone who dares challenge that view of theirs, well they then get "super offended at everything for no reason, always self-centered thinking & yada yada yada, blah blah blah" cuz that's "the SoCali way".

I wanted to prefer ignoring that last post, but it's simple hilarious and 100% true :D B) At least, it's not finally old "perceptions" from classic members.

Macron shows support for Paris 2024 with Olympic Day appearance

• By Max Winters on Pont Alexander III in Paris
  •  Saturday, 24 June 2017

Emmanuel Macron celebrated Olympic Day in Paris ©Paris 2024

French President Emmanuel Macron took to the streets here in Paris to celebrate Olympic Day and reaffirm his support for the city's bid to host the Games in 2024.

Macron, who at 39 is the youngest President in France's history, travelled along Pont Alexander III before making his way down to the floating athletics track lying on the River Seine.

After greeting the thousands of people in attendance, Macron removed his blazer and took to the court, attempting to play wheelchair tennis as well.

He was joined on court by 2013 Wimbledon champion Marion Bartoli, world number 15 Lucas Pouille, Fabrice Santoro, Michaël Jeremiasz and Charlotte Famin, all of whom are French.

President Macron even put on the boxing gloves for a demonstration on the athletics track later on.

Macron has very much given his backing to the Paris bid since his election in May.

He has already promised that he will travel to the Candidate City Briefing in Lausanne on July 11 and 12 and then at the International Olympic Committee's (IOC) Session in Lima in September to support the French capital's campaign. 

The importance that Macron appears to attach to the bid was illustrated by the fact that meeting the IOC Evaluation Commission was his first official appointment in the Élysée Palace, the official residence of the French President, after being officially inaugurated on May 16. 

Speaking during the festivities, Macron once again declared his support and described the bid as "a symbol of pride and optimism".

Emmanuel Macron played tennis on Pont Alexander III ©Paris 2024 Emmanuel Macron played tennis on Pont Alexander III ©Paris 2024

"Paris 2024 is a national project led by an outstanding team composed of athletes and government," the President said.

"It is important to show our support, to show that the head of the state is supporting the bid because the French people are showing a great support as well.

“I confirm that I will be in Lausanne and Lima to show the state’s commitment and promote French assets and pride: Tony Estanguet’s great leadership to gather athletes, the mobilisation of Paris Mayor Anne Hidalgo, Region President Valérie Pécresse and the State services as security, sport and Para-sport with the presence of Laura Flessel, Sports Minister, and Sophie Cluzel, Secretary of Inclusion."

“To me, Paris 2024 is a symbol of pride and optimism.

"Paris 2024 is a project with a great vision for the future in France as well as in Europe.

"It is also the athletes’ mobilisation through the support of the athletes themselves but also the federations, the amateurs and the volunteers.

"France has already shown its know-how in the organisation of major events through the 2016 European Championships. 

"Above all, Paris 2024 is about sporting excellence for all - both Olympians and Paralympians - because a positive society is an inclusive society."

The famous Arc de Triomphe was turned into a velodrome for cycling today ©Paris 2024 The famous Arc de Triomphe was turned into a velodrome for cycling today ©Paris 2024

Olympic Day is dedicated to the founding of the international Olympic Movement by Pierre de Coubertin on June 23, 1894.

It aims to spread the ideals of the Olympic Movement and promote participation in sport across the globe regardless of age, gender or athletic ability.

To mark the occasion, the French capital has been transformed into a gigantic sports park for a two-day celebration, which concluded today.

The City of Paris have announced that 1,120,000 people took part in the Olympic Day event.

Stretching from the Eiffel Tower to Notre Dame along the Seine, the sporting zone is offering the public a chance to sample more than 30 events.

The floating athletics track on the Seine, sports fields on the lawn of Les Invalides, trampolines in the Petit Palais, a high diving board on Pont Alexander III, a cycle track in Paris city centre and a climbing wall on the Pavillon de l'Arsenal are on display among other attractions.

The famous Arc de Triomphe was turned into a velodrome for cycling activity with Estanguet and Paris Mayor Anne Hidalgo taking part this morning.

The event is due to conclude this evening as thousands of professional and amateur athletes complete their "2,024 kilometres for Paris" challenge, which involves cyclists at the Place de la Concorde, equestrian riders from Versailles and runners from each of the four corners of the capital converging on Les Invalides.

A decision on who will host the 2024 Olympic and Paralympic Games, which will see Paris go up against Los Angeles, is due to be made on September 13 at the IOC's Session in the Peruvian capital.

More headlines of Macron's appearance. 

• Like 2

On 2017-6-25 at 9:48 PM, FYI said:

Now, re-reading this page, I need to "confess" something: I'm not French OMG :lol:!!, actually i'm not European (Albeit my family is from Catalonia and Piedmont). I'm actually Mexican, but I guess I suffered of "French sickness" lol, making me "arrogant" and "anti-American" LMAO.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Fiorenzo said:

See paul, THIS is Paris 2024 working out strategy for youth engagement.

...oh I really do think this is much more classy....i can see Thomas Bach snapping his little fat finger and doing a jig....when he's not busy making the super-cool-youth-engaging "tee-pee" gang sign!

Donald Trump will be in Paris on July 14 for Bastille Day. That will be an opportunity for Emmanuel Macron and him to discuss the aftermath of the Lausanne session.

Edited by hektor
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, hektor said:

Donald Trump will be in Paris on July 14 for Bastille Day. That will be an opportunity for Emmanuel Macron and him to discuss the aftermath of the Lausanne session.

Unless of course, Trampon will again show his ignorance, I don't think there's anything to discuss.  I'm sure Bach has told the Orange Jackass what the likely outcome will be.  And DT will be heckled a lot anyway.

1 hour ago, baron-pierreIV said:

Unless of course, Trampon will again show his ignorance, I don't think there's anything to discuss.  I'm sure Bach has told the Orange Jackass what the likely outcome will be.  And DT will be heckled a lot anyway.

Albeit never understimating his levels of surpssing his own limits, I guess he ever recognizes how this play is being developping.

Plan for hospitality houses along River Seine revealed by Paris 2024

Paris 2024 are urging National Olympic Committees (NOCs) to choose the River Seine and other city centre locations for hospitality houses during the 2024 Summer Olympic and Paralympics.

A compact Games based around the heart of the city is a key pillar of the French capital's bid.

Under current plans, triathlon and open water swimming competitions would take place in the Seine itself and beach volleyball on the Champ de Mars park at the foot of the Eiffel Tower.

Fencing, taekwondo and archery, road cycling, marathon and race walking competitions would all be held nearby.

Organisers also hope that accompanying events such as hospitality houses will be held in the area to make it the complete epicentre of the event.

Dozens of NOCs, sponsors and other organisations have such venues in order to entertain guests during an Olympics. 

They would be located on barges and boats moored on the Seine, as well as in nearby buildings.

Many other sports would be held elsewhere in the city at Paris 2024, however, with athletics, swimming and the Athletes' Village set to be located northwards along the Seine in Saint-Denis. 

Paris is still involved in a two-horse race for the 2024 Olympic and Paralympics with Los Angeles.

The city is considered the heavy favourite, however, with its American rival considered more likely to land the 2028 edition also set to be awarded this year.

Paris 2024 have released an image of what they hope the iconic river will look like during the Games alongside a message in which they appear to assume that they will be awarded the event.

"In 2024, Paris will host the Olympic Family, welcoming athletes, International Federations, National Olympic Committees and Olympic partners, all of whom contribute to the success of the Games," the text reads. 

"They will be able to choose a place to call home in the heart of Paris amongst a unique variety of locations.

"Whether on the Seine on one of its famous river boats or in a stunning Parisian mansion, they can easily find a place to meet, exchange, live and share the beautiful moments of sport that will undoubtedly take place throughout the Games - an incredible celebration of sport and humanity in one of the world's most beautiful cities."

The International Olympic Committee (IOC) membership are expected to approve plans to award both the 2024 and 2028 Summer Olympic and Paralympic Games this year during an Extraordinary Session in Lausanne on July 11 and 12.

This would then officially happen at another Session in Lima on September 13.