Paris 2024

2 minutes ago, JO2024 said:

They're all talking about their fond memories of the 1984 Games, because LA's mayor was there and apparently two people from the Evaluation Commission participated in those Games. I bet it's not going to be the same when they visit Paris, and you all know why.

That's why LA can wait a little bit longer. Paris has waited long enough.

Paris 2024

Los Angeles 2028

It's O.K. Remember we're talking about TRuff, Abrahamson's favorite pet. For him, any city not named Los Angeles is a third world contender with zero cloud and ethics :rolleyes:

55 minutes ago, RuFF said:

This is equal to the LA opposition group, the letter is mostly a criticism or recomendation from academics. Abrahamson is not only ignorant of the French politics, but also, these type of letters are mostly common in opposition from the French political spheres. It's not that uncommon in France having these type of open letters for different projects.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RuFF said:

If any case, that shows the clear bias from Abrahamson related to USA's competition, but then, at this stage nothing surprises me from your part in ignorance.

18 minutes ago, Roger87 said:

This is equal to the LA opposition group, the letter is mostly a criticism or recomendation from academics. Abrahamson is not only ignorant of the French politics, but also, these type of letters are mostly common in opposition from the French political spheres. It's not that uncommon in France having these type of open letters for different projects.

12 minutes ago, Roger87 said:

If any case, that shows the clear bias from Abrahamson related to USA's competition, but then, at this stage nothing surprises me from your part in ignorance.

So much for Abrahamson's "notoriety". :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, FYI said:

So much for Abrahamson's "notoriety". :rolleyes:

This is the referendum "scandal" in March all over again (If i'm right Abrahamson also used that as part of Paris' weakness :rolleyes:). Macron won. He and Anne Hidalgo have promised working together. The majority of the national parties gave the support for the Olympic bid (Even the Ruff's favorite - Melenchon's party), and like the government said, the majority of the new constructions (Transport lines, OV, Aquatics Center) will be on roll regardless of the bid. These type of letters are a constant part in French politics related to opposition but unless the project have a significant opposition for the government spheres or a full public negative, the bid is still on board. 

Just in recent account, the referendum for a kangaroo has currently more signatures than the dismissal of Paris 2024 bid. 

ETA: In case of Ruff classic counter-attack as drama queens against the Pope Abrahamson, let me say the anglosaxon press is usually the most ignorant related to foreign affairs or any internal process from another country. You only need to read Daily Mail or watch Fox News or even heck, these parts were shown on CNN

BgBuFHwIQAADXuw.jpg:large

ukraine-pakistan-cnn-mistake.si.jpg

Abrahamson may have experience as narrator of the Olympics, but this isn't the first time which he shows ignorance of that aspect (He also did that during 2016 Olympic bid against Rio).

On 07/05/2017 at 9:56 AM, neige said:

2017 Hockey world championships at Paris AccorHotels arena:

France: 2 - Norway: 3 :(

On 09/05/2017 at 11:53 PM, neige said:

finally not so bad for France which is not a country of hockey:

Finland 1 - France 5

Suisse 3 - France 4 (0-1)

Les Bleus en feu

On 10/05/2017 at 5:04 AM, Roger87 said:

Maybe a prelude of better times ;)?

Canada 3 - France 2

France 4 - Belarus 3 (2 - 1)

Still alive! (1/4 final still possible...)

2 hours ago, RuFF said:

Well, here's another ingorant website writing about the same topic.

http://aroundtherings.com/site/A__60120/Title__French-Papers-Debate-Paris-Olympic-Candidacy/292/Articles

So I guess according Roger Abrahamson, Around the Rings, and well known Olympic writers are bias and stupid (duh). When is Roger going to have any of his opinion published?

Oh please. :rolleyes: All ATR's is doing here is reporting that two French newspapers have opposing views on the matter. Nothing like the bias tilt that AA & Co. are "writing" about. 

10 hours ago, Roger87 said:

Abrahamson may have experience as narrator of the Olympics, but this isn't the first time which he shows ignorance of that aspect (He also did that during 2016 Olympic bid against Rio).

Oh really. And see, no one here brought up his "notoriety" then lol. Would've loved to have read then his 10/3/09 "piece". :lol:

Oh my God, TRuff even can't read properly. He's becoming a full cartoon of troll like US President :rolleyes:

The source only said and quoted:

Two leading French newspapers have taken opposing viewpoints on a 2024 Olympic bid days before IOC officials are set to visit.

French newspaper Liberation released an Op-Ed today stating Paris must “[be removed] from the mad race for the Olympics”. Countering that, newspaper Le Monde says that “Paris deserves to organize the 2024 Olympics.”

First of all, I never said the letter didn't exist. I said the letter from Liberation (A left-wing newspaper widely knows against these type of events) doesn't have political value to change the processus without a clear support from the political elite. As always, you went to exaggerate or mock the other's argument without clear facts or points and just when you see "Paris letter against the bid", then you publish as it was a 100% fact. And if you have the time or reading comprehension to understand the article, it finished with this:

Le Monde argues that Paris 2024 concerns will be “swept away” by the change the bid will provide to the Olympic Movement. The editorial board describes the Olympics as a “reasonable investment,” given the jobs created and tourism boost.

“Let us bet that the French would find in this project a motive of confidence and ambition,” the editorial board writes. “Let us not miss the opportunity to resuscitate the collective optimism [that was created] by the 1998 World Cup. That it was then erased is not a reason to renounce it. On the contrary.”

Any drama surrounding the French National Committee on Olympic Sports (CNOSF) has subsided.

But hey, I love how you always pretend to be smarter but you constantly failling again TRuff

6 hours ago, RuFF said:

So I guess according Roger Abrahamson, Around the Rings, and well known Olympic writers are bias and stupid (duh). When is Roger going to have any of his opinion published?

You will be surprised by then. But I don't like being arrogant like you and then looking like dumb.

Anyway, ATR articles wasn't the same as Abrahamson's op-ed but hey TRuff search anything related against "Paris 2024" without even having the full decency of reading properly. :lol::rolleyes: You're hizzy against us, but you usually tends to self sabotage in your own arguments anyway :P

12 minutes ago, A-Money1983 said:

So, are the main selling points:

2016 Euro

Rolland Garros

Tour de France

Losing 2012 by the slimmest of margins?

No.  Because

1.  the SOGs return to Europe at least every 3rd Games ( Rome 1960, Munch 1972, Moscow 1980, Barcelona 1992, Athens 2004, London 2012, and . . .  Paris 2024). 

2.  It would be Paris' Centennial of 1924

3.  Paris was denied in 1992.

4.  It's time for a French Summer Games.  

5 hours ago, A-Money1983 said:

So, are the main selling points:

2016 Euro

Rolland Garros

Tour de France

Losing 2012 by the slimmest of margins?

5 hours ago, baron-pierreIV said:

No.  Because

1.  the SOGs return to Europe at least every 3rd Games ( Rome 1960, Munch 1972, Moscow 1980, Barcelona 1992, Athens 2004, London 2012, and . . .  Paris 2024). 

In my opinion:

1. It's time for a French Summer Games (France has been waiting for so long)
  2. Made for Sharing (Macron vs Trump factor)
  3. Sustainability (COP21 Paris agreement, carbon-neutral OG, mass public transport, world cycling capital, large-scale sharing system for electric cars, scooters and bikes)
  4. City Center Olympic Park (pedestrian area along the river Seine including the Eiffel tower, Champs Elysées.....)

Baumann - 

“There is an Olympic spirit that is very strong in both cities,” Baumann added, referring to the previous two Games each city has hosted.

“It is almost impossible to go under 10 out of 10 [for both Paris and LA].

“[Paris] is very different [from LA] and quite right that we say it is quite exceptional."

So this totally 'debunks' anything that Abrahamson, Wasserman (& truff) have to say, that Paris 2024 doesn't offer anything as strong as L.A. does. It's quite the opposite.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, baron-pierreIV said:

No.  Because

Not to mention, that the IOC needs to bring Europe back on board sooner rather than later.