Paris 2024

On 25/10/2016 at 6:52 PM, neige said:

Using Rolland Garros courts for volleyball would avoid the construction of a temporary arena (Le Bourget Pavillon 2 : 45 M$).

And it would be much more impressive!

14 hours ago, Nacre said:

Ma preference est pour le tennis. Londres n'a pas eu basket a Wimbledon.

Est-ce que le basket plus populaire que le volleyball en France?

I think the ranking order for Paris 2024 is:

1. basketball (because it is France and world wide popular)
  2. handball (because it is popular in France)
  3. volleyball

25 minutes ago, JO2024 said:

Merci for posting that.  What a beautiful video!!   Can't wait for the vote in September and the actual Games in 2024!!

5 minutes ago, neige said:

good to see where exactly will be located the aquatic center.

I agree. And I like that the 2 major venues during Olympics would be very close to each other.  I just hope that wether Paris get the 2024 Games or not, the aquatic center will be built no matter what.

• Like 1

The answer is here: https://sportetsociete.org/2016/11/18/etienne-thobois-les-federations-internationales-sont-impressionnees-par-le-niveau-de-details-de-paris-2024/

• Parmi les équipements qui doivent être construits par Paris 2024 pour les Jeux, notons le Centre Aquatique. Après trois échecs (1992, 2008 et 2012), l’Île-de-France va-t-elle enfin être dotée d’un équipement structurant pour la natation et ce, avec ou sans les Jeux ?

Des engagements ont été pris, notamment un protocole relatif au terrain où doit être implanté le Centre Aquatique, mais également concernant le financement avec la participation, entre autres, de l’État.

Aujourd’hui, nous sommes dans une configuration en tant que vainqueur. Bien évidemment, il y aura un ajustement dans le cas inverse.

Forcément, les modalités de construction ne seront pas les mêmes pour un site de 17 000 places ou pour une infrastructure de 2 500 places.

Nous aurons le temps de nous poser cette question, à partir du 14 septembre 2017.

Translation from Google::D

Commitments were made, notably a protocol on the ground where the Aquatic Center should be located, but also on financing with the participation of, among others, the State.

Today, we are in a configuration as a winner. Obviously, there will be an adjustment in the opposite case.

Of course, the construction methods will not be the same for a site with 17,000 seats or for an infrastructure of 2,500 seats.

We will have time to ask ourselves this question, starting September 14, 2017.

• 2 weeks later...

François Hollande will not run for a second term in May, So there will be a new president in the last four months of the bid campaign.

François Fillon (republican) is the favorite. He said:

https://sportetsociete.org/2016/11/23/jo-2024-francois-fillon-et-alain-juppe-deux-soutiens-de-la-candidature-de-paris/

« Ce serait une excellente chose que Paris ait les Jeux Olympiques et pour une fois, j’ai l’impression que la candidature se prépare de façon sérieuse et professionnelle.

Il faut simplement que ce soit un coût raisonnable pour mettre un terme à ce qui commence à devenir scandaleux, l’inflation des coûts.

On soutient la candidature de Paris et, à travers Paris, celle de la France »

"It would be an excellent thing for Paris to have the Olympic Games and for once, I feel that the candidature is preparing in a serious and professional manner.

It simply has to be a reasonable cost to put an end to what is beginning to become scandalous, cost inflation.

We support the candidacy of Paris and, through Paris, that of France "

Looking at Paris Bid file part 2 (table 22 at the end of the file):

http://paris2024.org/medias/presse/bidbook_2_digital_anglais_cmjn_hd.pdf

I still don't understand why they take into account in the budget the construction cost for venues that were decided before and will be done whatever the decision for the olympics (construction work on going):

• Rolland Garros renovation (16): $ 399 Million
  • Water sports center (22): $85 Million
  • and even the first part of the olympic village (buildings under construction)

Can anyone help to understand? (I had alreay ask the question in Los Angeles forum)

2 hours ago, TeamBlakeUSA said:

Rolang Garros Renovation Would Cost $399 Million?

It costs nothing to enter the gamesBids logo comps!

GamesBids Olympic Logo Winners Cup - Pools A & B

GamesBids Olympic Logo Winners Cup - Pools C & D

It also costs nothing to design your own logo!

10th Annual GamesBids Olympic Logo Design Comp