Paris 2024

You sure about that Tony? I'm pretty sure Tony Blair sold 52.7% of the UK to George Bush back in 2002.

You don't own us, so don't be big headed. We are independent. We used to own you, you don't own us, we don't own you anymore. I'm not getting in this argument. If you own us, why do you need a passport to come to Britain? Anyway, back to topic.

. We used to own you, .

Now who's getting all big headed? Look, we bought 52.7% of the UK government, its lands and possessions back in 2002. We get to elect six Members of Parliament. And we got Simon Cowell in the bargain (I think you might have snookered us with that piece.)

We need passports because the UK is still a separate country. For now. Just one that we happen to own.

Now who's getting all big headed? Look, we bought 52.7% of the UK government, its lands and possessions back in 2002. We get to elect six Members of Parliament. And we got Simon Cowell in the bargain (I think you might have snookered us with that piece.)

We need passports because the UK is still a separate country. For now. Just one that we happen to own.

You don't own us. End of! You can have Simon Cowell.

You don't own us, so don't be big headed. We are independent. We used to own you, you don't own us, we don't own you anymore. I'm not getting in this argument. If you own us, why do you need a passport to come to Britain? Anyway, back to topic.

Tony.. you made an ignorant as hell comment and someone answered with pretty obvious sarcasm. Then you have to get all defensive about it. Let it go. And next time, instead of saying "back to topic," actually bring it back to the topic

• Like 1

50 out of 104 IOC members had no problem with it in 2005.

And I might be wrong, but I believe there will be renovartions to the SdF for Euro 2016. I should think those would take it through to 2024 no problem.

Minor Renovations will be done for UEFA Euro 2016, including new floodlights and renovating the VIP Areas.

Sorry for the double post, but I found this information about the minor Renovations required at the Stade de France for UEFA Euro 2016 (I had to translate the page, it was in French) - Stade de France for UEFA Euro 2016 - The stage is ready, renovations are minor; development of access to the galleries, monumental stairways and corridors, improved comfort and development of VIP (new lodges, multiplication called "Premier" seats, achievement under the stands of new shows for meals and cocktails before and after matches and concerts). Source: http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&prev=/search%3Fq%3Drenovation%2Bstade%2Bde%2Bfrance%2Beuro%2B2016%26biw%3D1536%26bih%3D722&rurl=translate.google.co.uk&sl=fr&u=http://www.lepoint.fr/sport/football/football-euro-2016-stades-francais-l-etat-des-lieux-29-07-2013-1709444_1858.php&usg=ALkJrhhgpsL37NsBOLE80omv8akBc181gQ

• Like 1

So close to grasping the point... On the one hand, we have countries that have trouble keeping their citizens alive. On the other hand.. Paris.

Lmfao! You're so hysterical! And how many people are living in the shanty towns of Rio de Janiero in complete & utter slum, compared to the likes of Madrid, Chicago & Tokyo. Do you really think that the IOC has this at the top of their 'to do' list, if according to you, they're all "a bunch of corrupt weasels".

The one who's not grasping much seems to be you, since your arguments totally contradict what you precisely think of this international sporting organization. You're like the ones who mainly argue the purely technical matters of a bid & blantantly disregard any of the other elements that could make or break a bid. But in the end, it's not necessarily the IOC's job to fix the world's ills, otherwise, they'd literally have no one to host their elitist show. So which is it already then, Holier than Thou aristrocrats, or "a bunch of corrupt weasels", cuz it can't be both!

• Like 1

Then America became the worlds sole super-power and saved you guys from German domination. Your future King and Queen spent almost a month here during their NA tour. Canada is also another entity of the vast American Empire :P:lol:

Nice transition back on topic. Bravo Tony!

I agree, sorry for my more recent comment, I'm being very sarcastic.

Thanks Olympicsfan97. So, in theory, Paris already has an Olympic Stadium, just in need of Minor Renovation.

Yes, and that would play well to the ears of the French and IOC.

I'm guessing Stade de France would need a renovation if Paris won? Would they be able to use Stade de France as it's in Saint Denis?

Saint Denis is part of inner urban area of Paris, so yes, Stade de France can be the primal Olympic stadium for a future Paris bid.

I thought America had 52 States?

Late post but lol and we're talking about the 16 years old guy who reads a lot of politics.

• Like 1

The one who's not grasping much seems to be you, since your arguments totally contradict what you precisely think of this international sporting organization.

I think the city of Paris makes for a very attractive candidate city. In other threads, I've said the IOC is full of corrupt weasels. Not sure how either of those are disputable or contradictory.

• Like 1

I love it how you just quote snippets & then try to take things outta context. Did I say that Paris wouldn't make for an attractive candidate city? No, I did not. But then we can also say, yet again, that didn't Madrid, Chicago & Tokyo also didn't make for very attractive options as well for 2016. Obviously the IOC thought that Tokyo was for 2020, but yet the IOC made the Japanese wait another four years. And didn't Paris also make for a very attractive option, too, against the polluted cesspool (which you can also attest to) that is Beijing for the 2008 Games.

If you merely wanna cite the "attractiveness" of any given bid, go right ahead. But that is entirely subjective anyway, especially when we're dealing with 115 individual "corrupt weasels". Not to mention that each race has it's own set of dynamics that determines the final outcome in any given race. And merely citing ones self-righteous & bias reasons obviously isn't enough when it comes to the much bigger picture. And besides, with the way the traditional Western European hosts are becoming more & more lukewarm about the idea of an Olympics, who's to say at this point, how a French bid would actually fair in a bid race. Even two months ago, Oslo 2022 was a no-brainer, yet now it's seemingly coming into question mark, to the point where even smog-infested Beijing 2022 may get serious ganders now, & a bid with a bi-national party (which usually is frowned upon) is likely to get serious consideration.

• Like 1