2013/14 UEFA Champions League

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Group B

Galatasaray v Juventus abandoned after snow storm

_71663595_020299543-1.jpg

Galatasaray's vital Champions League Group B game against Juventus was abandoned due to hail and snow.

The sides were taken off after 32 minutes of play because the lines on the pitch were not visible after heavy snowfall in Istanbul.

Officials planned to resume the action after the surface had been cleared but continued heavy snow forced an abandonment with the game goalless.

Both sides can still qualify for the knockout stages of the competition.

BBC

Group A

Real Sociedad 0 - 1 Leverkusen

Manchester United 1 - 0 Shaktar Donetsk

Group B

Copenhagen 0 - 2 Real Madrid

Group C

Olympiacos 3 - 1 Anderlecht

Benfica 2 - 1 PSG

Group D

Plzen 2 - 1 CSKA Moscow

Bayern 2 - 3 Manchester City

Manchester U, Bayer Leverkusen, Real Madrid, Paris SG, Olympiacos Bayern Munich and Manchester City advance to round of 16

Does snow fall in Turkey? This is new discovery and surprise to me. Shaktar was surprising team in last CL. But this year was not so good maybe. Many key players were bought by other big clubs because of the success. I hope they will make some good buys in winter market or in summer.And Man city beat Bayern,very well done!

@stefan,who was the suspect of leak scandal?

Group E

Schalke 04 2 - 0 Basel

Chelsea 1 - 0 Steua Bucharest

Group F

Marseille 1 - 2 Borussia

Napoli 2 - 0 Arsenal

Group G

Austria Wien 4 - 1 Zenit

Atletico Madrid 2 - 0 Porto

Group H

Milan 0 - 0 Ajax

Barcelona 6 - 1 Celtic

qualified for the round of 16:

Chelsea, Schalke 04, Borussia Dortmund, Arsenal, Atletico Madrid, Zenit, Barcelona and Milan

Does snow fall in Turkey? This is new discovery and surprise to me. Shaktar was surprising team in last CL. But this year was not so good maybe. Many key players were bought by other big clubs because of the success. I hope they will make some good buys in winter market or in summer.And Man city beat Bayern,very well done!

@stefan,who was the suspect of leak scandal?

Oh, we haven't heard anything further about that.

Napoli just want to say bad luck. 12 points out. He can only refuel in the European Cup. Napoli put on your shirt http://www.footballtshirtuk.com/Napoli-Shirt.html . To honor battles once.

60%~70% off! In this CL,teams of Serie A faded away...

Oh, we haven't heard anything further about that.

Pepp gave very very severe warnings to the person and scolded him....so he never ever repeat that again,maybe.

You couldn't make it up...first Barca were the best team & we got them at least twice, now Bayern are the best & we've got them twice in 2 seasons... :angry:

I forgot you are an enthusiastic Arsenal fan,yoshi. I'm not a Bayern fan but I just don't think nobody could beat them in CL(Mancity did it indeed).It sounds quite hard for every team to win against Bayern.If the opponent was Barca then I'd probably say "bye bye Barca."

I sometimes watch Man utd's matches 'cause there's one Japanese player(Kagawa). Why couldn't Man utd sign some good players in this summer transfer market and why so-so players can't be sold? Lack of money? No players are interested in their football style? No one wants to follow new coach,Moyes? Nobody seems to come to this club...

• 2 months later...

Archived