Radioactive Leak Won't Affect Tokyo 2020 - Tokyo Governor

GBModerator

If your argument to defend tokio, or the japanese government is attacking Madrid and Istanbul, well.. :angry:

Oh sorry pointing out flaws isnt allowed but posting misleading information is????

And I'm not defending the japanese government, i havent heard anything of the Fukushima problems affecting Japan however I don't believe it will poison all of Japan therefore ruining their olympic chances

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting you guys are so satisfied the parties rating the meltdown disaster aftermath as 1 are now admitting the water leaks have been 3 all along and I'm saying higher. And that's just the leaking water from storage that's been used to cool the 3 melted reactor fuel puddles that are AS YET STILL UNDEFINED. Comforting. Carry on...

Going up on that scale obviously isn't good, but there's nothing there that suggests to me Tokyo 2020 will be affected and that chimes exactly with what Tokyo's bid team is saying. It's certainly an issue but I find it hard to connect it with Tokyo's Olympic bid.

I just searched for Fukushima and there are numerous new stories of a NEW SPIKE in radiation levels around the site and an 18 TIMES UPGRADE of the radiation levels recorded around the storage tanks!

TEPCO say they aren’t sure why but are investigating….very reassuring.....I'm sure you guys don't care.

I think Japans 3 Radioactive Meltdowns at Fukushima,

-which are currently molten fuel pools,

-somewhere in the bottom of the cracked and damaged containment shells,

-and are being cooled by pouring millions of gallons of seawater over the mangeled wreckage,

-which is then stored in the tanks that are leaking,

-is a continuing problem for country,

-it’s capitol Tokyo,

-the Tokyo 2020 Olympic bid,

-and it’s future if they were to be elected,

-and most annoyingly the pacific ocean and the world.

The disaster is not resolved, contained, or safe. In it’s current state it is leaking significant radiation with no end in site or safe solution how to cool the destroyed reactors and all the melted fuel and rods that remain in the destroyed reactors.

What do you believe? hysteria,hype and unsourced claims unrelated to Tokyo 2020 bid or FACTS???

I think you need to stop the shameless nuclear hype in attempt to smear the Tokyo2020 Bid.

FACT - radiation level in Tokyo is LOWER than the other 2020 bid candidates 2013 Radiation levels http://www.jnto.go.jp/eq/eng/04_recovery.htm#city

8eve.jpg

what a boring race where the most exciting thing is Fukashima and riots in Istanbul, people are acting like there is a fight here when there is nothing……..I’m not working for Madrid or Istanbul. I'm glad to have the opportunity to talk about the F-up at Fukushima by Japan, Tepco and the Japanese government. that's it. If Japan wins their bid for 2020 it'll just give years more focus on the problem, which I'm thinking might not be a bad thing? And wouldn’t it just be fascinating to see how the IOC deals with an escalating nuclear crisis in the build up to an Olympics. I'm not worried about the Olympics; I'm worried about the worst nuclear accident in history and how it may get worse and affect the pacific, north America and the world.

It’s funny how many are quick to say how “technologically advanced” Japan is……are these people form the 1960s? Sony is not on the cutting edge anymore folks, and Japan has show itself totally incapable of finding a solution to the disaster at Fukushima, and they have show themselves to be more than happy to cover up and keep people and the situation in additional danger.

Japans advanced solution……….

SPRAY SEA WATER ON IT!

I just searched for Fukushima and there are numerous new stories of a NEW SPIKE in radiation levels around the site and an 18 TIMES UPGRADE of the radiation levels recorded around the storage tanks!

TEPCO say they aren’t sure why but are investigating….very reassuring.....I'm sure you guys don't care.

We'll just have to make sure the athletes in 2020 don't make a side trip to Fukushima and go into the storage tanks without radiation hazard suits.

Oh sorry pointing out flaws isnt allowed but posting misleading information is????

And I'm not defending the japanese government, i havent heard anything of the Fukushima problems affecting Japan however I don't believe it will poison all of Japan therefore ruining their olympic chances

Soooo agree with you, Darcy! Heaven forbid if anyone critiques the Spanish bid on here, all hell breaks loose. But it's just a-okay for fricken paul to constantly "attack" Tokyo with his hyperbole, & those same hypocritical people don't say a damn word about it. Double standards to say the fricken least! I'm so fricken over it already that I really, really do want to see Tokyo win now, so I can see paul just RADIATE in his "disgust".

You're late. Maybe you should read

And what did I miss here that got removed already. More 'radioactive' hyperbole, I'm sure.

I'm super curious to know if the IP address could be linked to any regular users on here.

It's probably coming from San Diego 2024 headquaters.

No need to justify yourself for the actions of others, I don't think anyone would've accused you.

Their boombastic 'radioactive' posts are soooo uncanny, though.

Again the fucking olympics aren't at fukushima.

Doesn't matter to our 'radioactive' pal, though.

Just checked the mod tools - M. Finel's had his account deactivated and posts taken down.

Never took that one seriously. Always knew he was a troll (or a bot.)

Funny, I'll share a "bot" experience w/ you guys. I'm helping my friend sell her husband's (who had passed away some 2.5 years ago) handicapped-ready van (and of course, she also promised me a seller's commission). Anyway, we've tried AutoTraders.com (a paid site and supposedly better managed than Craigslist.) So we put the ad in on Thursday. And then for 3 straight days in a row, I get texts saying: Is the van still availalbe? Pls email me at _______. I do so; and then the next reply is: Is there a spare key? Is there a spare tire? etc., etc. Really weird questions... After 3 of those in a row, it appears that it's either the m.o.. of scammers or scam-bots are working. So maybe the anti-Tokyo Fukushima chorus here is really a band of bots!!

Archived