7 hours ago, Roger87 said:

2028 can be a better reason to host after all. Combine sports and film industry in just one year. Gold Rush 2028? Los Angeles May Host Olympics And 100th Oscars The Same Year.

Now here's a positive article about L.A. 2028. But of course, you'd still be classified as "L.A. bashing" or "anti L.A." by the you-know-who's cuz it's not about "L.A. 24". :rolleyes:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Roger87 said:

2028 can be a better reason to host after all. Combine sports and film industry in just one year. Gold Rush 2028? Los Angeles May Host Olympics And 100th Oscars The Same Year.

A world-scale local anniversary celebration starting in February, followed by Olympics in late summer?

That's a crazy idea !

3 hours ago, Quaker2001 said:

I hesitate as always to give him a platform and to feed the troll, but in case anyone wants to see (and you all know what's coming)..

Now let’s see if IOC can get 2024/2028 right

It's more of the usual blather.  I imagine many people will stop reading once they see the first paragraph where he wants to take credit for the whole situation.  Except for the part where it's "no no wait, I meant for LA to go for, what are you doing IOC!?!!?"

The arrogance, lies, half truths and stanning in just one article is very surprising. At level of Trump delusion.

the 24/28 combo plate is served to benefit the glutinous ioc not paris or la.   la is likely getting stuck with 28 not because of the paris-pout but because the longer they can strap in la, the more you can squeeze out of the richest and most reliable reliable sugar daddy you got.   prepare to be sucked off as often and long as possible by the ioc and it's rag tag global graft partners.   i wont be surprised when la gets sucked into some cock and bull partnership where they end up propping up paris 24 with excessive support disguised as some olympic-spirti-city-partnership-agenda. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FYI said:

Now here's a positive article about L.A. 2028. But of course, you'd still be classified as "L.A. bashing" or "anti L.A." by the you-know-who's cuz it's not about "L.A. 24". :rolleyes:

The ironic part, I saw this article shared on twitter and Facebook, with good acceptation or even interest.

16 hours ago, Roger87 said:

Maybe they’ll include it in their promotion but it’s hardly an event to look forward to seeing as LA hosts the Oscars every year. Kind of like Paris’ angling 2024 as the 100th anniversary of hosting when I’m not convinced anyone cares. 

29 minutes ago, jtrevino said:

Maybe they’ll include it in their promotion but it’s hardly an event to look forward to seeing as LA hosts the Oscars every year. Kind of like Paris’ angling 2024 as the 100th anniversary of hosting when I’m not convinced anyone cares. 

Actually the Ceremonies planners and the Look/Imagery sections of POCOG will care.  it gives this edition of the Games a more historic hook.  

• Like 3

16 hours ago, JMarkSnow2012 said:

A world-scale local anniversary celebration starting in February, followed by Olympics in late summer?

That's a crazy idea !

Crazy but worth of price. Combine the two biggest cards of USA - Hollywood and Sport in one ceremony at the same year for a Centenarial (Like Paris will have with the 2024). After all the 1984 Opening Ceremony had that Hollywood flavor and 1932 had stars being involved at the Games.

this sounds like silly tourist stuff....these events would be 6months apart. we don't dwell on the oscars  all year. if la was hosting 28 i could see them doing something around oscar time, and of course some famous people would pop up around the olympics but conflating these 2 things would diminish both.

.....im sure some ioc trash will try to angle their way into some ticket however,,,such wannabes.

6 hours ago, Quaker2001 said:

Seattle's monorail amazingly manages to run at a profit, although it uses ancient vehicles from the 1960's. The key issue is connecting transit and entertainment/business hubs. Building a monorail between two suburban locations would be a disaster.

On 6/14/2017 at 7:30 PM, JesseSaenz said:

Breaking:

Steve Ballmer moving the Clippers to a new Arena to be built in Inglewood.

But that's some time away, depending on the Inglewood City Council vote today. Unless it did get approval now. Even with that I can't see the planned 18-20,000-seat new arena across the street from Stan Kroenke's dome be completed and opening in time for 2024, the year of the end of the Staples Center lease. Should Los Angeles gets the 2028 bid, the venue can be worked in 

17 hours ago, Durban Sandshark said:

But that's some time away, depending on the Inglewood City Council vote today. Unless it did get approval now. Even with that I can't see the planned 18-20,000-seat new arena across the street from Stan Kroenke's dome be completed and opening in time for 2024, the year of the end of the Staples Center lease. Should Los Angeles gets the 2028 bid, the venue can be worked in 

Yet another reason not to be too insistent on LA 2024 B)

Yeah, Inglewood City Council approves the new Clippers arena's 3-year negotiation plans. This will give the Los Angeles Clippers--LA's REAL pro basketball team since 1984!--time to plan for it. But you have to wonder about the MSG-owned and operated Great Western Forum, as it's in its 50s but enjoys a great recent renaissance with concerts in the long term beyond the Olympics. I'm sure the LA 2024 Organizing Committee is watching closely at this: 

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/20170615/clippers-take-first-steps-to-inglewood-arena-while-keeping-options-open

http://arenadigest.com/2017/06/16/20170616inglewood-approves-la-clippers-agreement/

4 hours ago, baron-pierreIV said:

Then they would put Basketball there; depending on sight lines, move Gymnastics back to Staples Center; and then bring Indoor Volleyball back to The Forum (if all parties agree).  

I hold no doubts because it's the Clippers proposed new arena that the sight lines won't be an issue (but please make sure it learns the lessons to include good hockey sightlines when needed unlike in Phoenix's Talking Stick Resort Arena and Brooklyn's Barclay Center). Agree on the venue distribution for the others. But would the basketball (or maybe handball too) finals be used at Staples because of the strong basketball pedigree after the gymnastics is over. Or will RG get use of it at the end of the Olympics? Where would handball head to if the Clippers arena get built? Nice arrangement if agreed upon.    

Had three arenas just until mid-2016 with the Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena, far and away the oldest of them and was the site for the 1984 boxing, met its end several months ago to make way on that real estate for the 22,000-seat Banc of California Stadium, the future home of MLS' Los Angeles FC. Too bad it can't be used for rugby. From 1999-2016 with the Staples Center and the Forum. And that's to say nothing of the Long Beach Arena, the Honda Center, the Pauley Pavilion, and the Galen Center, to name several out there. The Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena was city, county, and state-owned, by the way.