11 hours ago, ejaycat said:

I went out tonight and took a few pics of some of the buildings in LA that were lit up in the bid logo colors.

Los Angeles City Hall and Grand Park fountain

18320880_10207163409722249_5513155690874

The Broad Museum

18359412_10207163412282313_6519634685029

Disney Hall

18422480_10207163454603371_4602556020043

Wilshire Grand Center

18301789_10207163422522569_9075170956728

These are really beautiful photos. Wonderful to share them.

Warning.. reading the following article could cause severe nausea.  That or uncontrollable fits of laughter by the time you get to the 2nd paragraph.

Real people: why LA wants 2024

paul, as usual, give us your thoughts on those "real people" who seem to be really enthusiastic about the Olympics?  And given the source, I take what's here with something of a grain of salt, but still, here's a good deal of Angelinos who are very aware there's a bid for 2024 going on.

22 minutes ago, Quaker2001 said:

Warning.. reading the following article could cause severe nausea.  That or uncontrollable fits of laughter by the time you get to the 2nd paragraph.

Lmfao - now we know where a certain you-know-who gets that certain flavored kool-aide from.

4 hours ago, Quaker2001 said:

Real people: why LA wants 2024

paul, as usual, give us your thoughts on those "real people" who seem to be really enthusiastic about the Olympics?  And given the source, I take what's here with something of a grain of salt, but still, here's a good deal of Angelinos who are very aware there's a bid for 2024 going on.

I should be surprised the level of delusion in Alan Abrahamson, but then I came in this forum, reading a couple of posts before and then I understand the self-jerking circle of mind exists.

1 hour ago, RuFF said:

For as much as the Paris boosters like to dismiss Abrahamson he is responsible for the double award conversation starting. In just that alone he has greater credibility than any of us here. 

Yup, he should pat himself on the back for helping LA get the 2028 Olympics.  Looking forward to his recap after the vote in September where he undoubtedly chastises the IOC, not because the city he's been begging them to select didn't win the vote, but because he'll claim it's part of their continuing stupidity.  And I'd say within an hour of him posting that, you'll be parroting the same line of thinking here, as you tend to do.  I give some creedence to what Abrahamson is saying because of his pedigree.  Doesn't mean that he's right, especially these days when he's made it very clear his stories are more of the op-ed variety than anything one would refer to as journalism.

AbraTwatson's "credibility" in this instance is irrelevant, since he's not observing this as a neutral bystander (as he's even admitted to), but rather as a big time L.A. cheerleading "groupie". He clearly has an agenda here. So in this particular matter, anything that he says can be taken with a grain of salt & with total skepticism. 

• Like 1

On 5/10/2017 at 9:31 AM, FYI said:

cropped-2233960320_27a139ae84_o-1.jpg

I wonder what percentage of Americans would correctly identify that picture as being Los Angeles. To me, the most icon building in that photo is city hall, and it's hard to notice. Which is not to say LA doesn't have icons... just that the downtown office towers aren't them. The Hollywood sign is one of the most recognizable icons in the world. The palm trees of Beverly Hills. Sleeping Beauty Castle. And if you must have an office building, how about Capital Records? 

On Wed May 10 2017 at 7:28 AM, ejaycat said:

I went out tonight and took a few pics of some of the buildings in LA that were lit up in the bid logo colors.

Los Angeles City Hall and Grand Park fountain

18320880_10207163409722249_5513155690874

The Broad Museum

18359412_10207163412282313_6519634685029

Disney Hall

18422480_10207163454603371_4602556020043

Wilshire Grand Center

18301789_10207163422522569_9075170956728

I am surprisingly very impressed. The colors are so vibrant and soothing at the same time.

Thanks for sharing and cheers from Marseille!

12 minutes ago, RuFF said:

Mayor Garcetti and Wasserman have been branded the 1984 boys. LA2024 is a living testament of how you spread a positive message about the movement and it's roots are in 1984.

https://gamesbids.com/eng/featured/1984-boys-considered-la-2024-strength-by-ioc-evaluation-commission-after-first-day-of-meetings/

And you're part of the 1932 brigade, right?  "The Girls of 1932"!!  :lol:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, RuFF said:

For as much as the Paris boosters like to dismiss Abrahamson he is responsible for the double award conversation starting. In just that alone he has greater credibility than any of us here. 

LOL, what kind of revisionism? The double award conversation was mentioned even for other sources (You need to check way out of his forum, btw). Even here, we mentioned the historical precedents. Citing Abrahamson as the sole responsable is just alternative facts (But then, you are an excellent expert)

And even if for some reason you're 100% right and he was the key master of the double award prospect, that doesn't dismiss Abrahamson as a pathetic LA cheerlader with lack of journalism ethics or credibility. Even a broken clock can be right twice a day.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, RuFF said:

Two things of note from this article. First, fielding questions from the media. The closed door, non public meetings are what doomed Boston. LA being able to do that is rooted in their confidence of their bid. Just as important is Mayor Garcetti coming out publicly to say it. I'm inclined to believe Paris will not feel the same way. Second, they visited the Space Shuttle Endeavour. It will be prominately featured in pan shots of DTLA from the Coliseum. It also demonstrates the cluster of cultural landmarks immediately adjacent the Coliseum that would likely be an added draw for visitors. 

https://gamesbids.com/eng/featured/ioc-visits-two-key-la-2024-venues-that-may-give-the-city-an-olympic-bid-edge/

Good to know your objectivity in the race is SO obvious (Sarcasm) as you tend to do in the other threads lol.

53 minutes ago, RuFF said:

Nice try Roger, but even Gamesbids has cited Abrahamson as the source of the double award. So really, that dismisses you as a pathetic booster. :) 

With any luck clock, I mean Roger... lol, forget it. 

Wow, Gamesbids quoted Abrahamson, that must be on stone lol. Maybe I need to refresh your memory when you use information from gamesbids which wasn't verified for another sources on Internet and the opposite news was dropped just recently by all the european media. Maybe because you can't read in French, maybe because your bias blinded you... but lol: 

Sometimes information isn't correctly quoted in sources. That can happen (And I know that because i work on that medium). The advantage of the Internet is you can verify other sources around the world and can't keep the full information from one only source. The double award was mentioned in other blogs and newspapers, regardless of the "allegedly" relevance of Abrahamson. He's not the only owner of the information related to Olympics in the world and publish online.

Neverthless, your reading comprehension seems terrible, because in my last part, I mentioned even if he was the first (Which it's dubious, but let's pretend your theory), doesn't dismiss the part Abrahamson's bias and cheerleader status makes him less honorable as journalist because his objectivity is lost.

But hey, anything to involves your bias.

• Like 1

Looks like truffhard's abratwatson's "sole" idea of the double-award have been "debunked" lol. Pretty sure he was not the lone one to come up with it, as others have noted before that rumblings of sorts started way before AA picked up on it.

Which, doesn't even make sense why he would come up with something like that TBW, bcuz if he's all about "2024", then why would it make any difference to him about 2028. Unless of course, deep down that bias little brain of his, he realizes, if even for a split moment, that Paris is the very likely one to get 2024, so there should be a "back-up" for L.A. with 2028! :lol:

And as far as UCLA & USC are concerned, it's just posturing by the EC. What else are they gonna say. That it sucks? Especially when Baumann goes on to say; 

“It’s not whether it’s there or not there yet.  This is not about comparing the two candidatures and their different approach to a village.

And especially when they still probably want L.A., but for 2028 that is! :lol::P

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RuFF said:

Meanwhile, RuFF - aka, Truffmp, on gamesbids can't find her dildo so she's spewing her flamboyant queenie drama online because she's ugly and thirsty"

Yeah, you're absolutely right. But we all know that already. :P

2 minutes ago, RuFF said:

Such a plan was first proposed in September by veteran Olympic sportswriter Alan Abrahamson in his 3 Wire Sports column and he wrote bluntly “The IOC ought to declare that the next two Games, 2024 and 2028, are going to Los Angeles and to Paris, and in that order, and then spend the next few years figuring out how to make this process work in and for the 21st century. Meanwhile, FYI on gamesbids can't find her dildo so she's spewing her flamboyant queenie drama online because she's ugly and thirsty"

- Gamesbids

https://gamesbids.com/eng/robs-bidblog/2016-top-10-4-should-ioc-award-both-2024-and-2028-olympic-games-to-l-a-and-paris-next-year/

And?

robert-downey-jr-meme-eyes_thumb.jpg

a. Internet is a free access with information around the world with millions of voices. As the example I posted from your part using an old article as an unquestionable truth, and even still...

b. It doesn't change anything related to Abrahamson's credibility as journalist either in this arena.

In both aspects, the argument was beaten in both sides but you still use the link (Which was part of the object in consideration) as a sort of "Unquestionable evidence". Which rational person with abilities of arguments did that? LMFAO. If you're a lawyer, I have pity for your clients srly. 

Meanwhile, FYI on gamesbids can't find her dildo so she's spewing her flamboyant queenie drama online because she's ugly and thirsty"

I will forget the homophobia for this time because almost everyone here disgusts these type of posts but you tend to not listen (It will be just time until a ban anyway). It's still telling how every time you tend to lose an argument with almost every one here, your only recurrent defense is using these derogative words. It's like a cheap mode for not having the enough evidences or counter arguments to have a civilized discussion.

• Like 1

And go figure, another 'American journalist' is "alinging" (more like drinking the kool-aide) with AbraTwatson. But what's funny there, is that even towards the end of all that doom-&-gloom drivel if L.A. is not chosen "first", is that this Hersch even says towards the end of his AA infused rhetoric is that BOTH bids are "excellent".

Well, if that's the case, then there's no real issue here. But of course these "veteran" *American* sports writers wanna claim objectivity when at the same time clearly spewing self-entitled bias. Besides, all of Hersch's arguments (which really is just Abrahamson regurgitation) have already been "debunked". So nothing new here, except for "dizzy L.A. queens" who eat it all up a la cart.

• Like 1

AA's main gripe is always the Village. But again, the City of Paris is going through with this project REGARDLESS of the Olympics. Just like L.A. is also going through with many of their PUBLIC works regardless of the Olympics.

So why is AA always convenienly leaving that part out. Why can L.A. have "public" infrastructure projects that can benefit & be connected with the Olympics at the same time but Paris can't?! I know why, bcuz it's called HYPOCRISY, Alan. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RuFF said:

yet we are to believe a f/\gg0t flaming queen more 

You really should see someone about that self-loathing issue.

9 minutes ago, RuFF said:

FYI isn't very smart. 

rather than spend their days waiting for my very next post to respond. 

Look who's talking. But I wasn't responding to you anyway (speaking about not being very smart), but rather those totally partial columns that you're using as "dildos" over there. 

1 hour ago, RuFF said:

FYI isn't very smart. Anyhow, the final endorsement of LA2024 comes from David Miller, another Olympic Historian with a history of covering the games that exceeds both Abrahamson and Hersh. He's British, and endorsed LA in a German publication. All 3 of these guys have long storied histories of documenting and reporting on the Olympic bid process, yet we are to believe a f/\gg0t flaming queen more than those that actually do something for their cause rather than spend their days waiting for my very next post to respond. 

David Miller has been a die hard LA supporter since the early days of the race when Los Angeles entered in the race. Even he took a full essay explaining his point. It's not that surprising his support. But let me say I wouldn't be so sure of his support, because his record tends to be mostly spotty at best (He was one of the big cards from Madrid 2020 and Chicago 2016).