50 minutes ago, baron-pierreIV said:

Huh?  Who's he?  Never heard.  And please DON'T tell me I should've heard of him.  

Dude, you cant be that out of touch...that or how fucking old are you?

Most young people worldwide, millenials especially, know who this man is. The first hip hop artist to reach the billion dollar mark and introduce Beats Headphones to the world... a company so valuable that Apple bought it, CASH.

A serious addition to LA 2024.

8 hours ago, baron-pierreIV said:

Huh?  Who's he?  Never heard.  And please DON'T tell me I should've heard of him.  

You should've heard of him.  And if you haven't, maybe you should take the time to look him up before posting in the forum to proclaim your willful ignorance to everyone.  Here's a link for you if you want to learn more.. Dr. Dre

^Seriously, who cares, though? For all the rhetoric that the L.A. bid is all about youth & blah, blah, blah, how many young people have REALLY heard of him for what he's really done. The man is already 52 years old, (only a few years younger than Madonna [& many people gripe that she's old already]) not really in the age group that many young people (especially ones that are to be "inspired" for the Olympics right now) would really know who he is other than perhaps seeing his name slapped on a pair of headphones.

21 minutes ago, RuFF said:

If I were the IOC i would be asking myself whether or not I want to partner with this bid team, especially in the face of the current negative feelings about the Olympic Movement.

But the IOC DOES want to "partner" with them. In 2028, that is! :lol:

25 minutes ago, RuFF said:

The professionalism of the LA2024 bid team is stellar. I'm impressed with the way they handled the unexpected visit to LA venues, the we have the sun too swipes, and now the Tony Estanguet ultimatum. 

Yeah, whatever. Only for Casey Wasserman to give his own set of passive-aggressive ultimatums. Can anyone say hypocrisy.

1 hour ago, RuFF said:

The professionalism of the LA2024 bid team is stellar. I'm impressed with the way they handled the unexpected visit to LA venues, the we have the sun too swipes, and now the Tony Estanguet ultimatum.

Paris has been consistent in saying its village project won't work for 2028. These kind of situations aren't uncommon for complex projects where land can't be held indefinitely, it's just it's become a bone of contention now a double award is being mooted. In any case, that's something for the IOC to handle, not for LA to respond to. What Paris can and can't do has nothing to do with the American city.

I'm glad Wasserman has softened his tone from the misstep last week though. We can still objectively pick apart his marketing speak for what it is, but what he's said today is clearly selling the bid - which is his job.

18 minutes ago, RuFF said:

Lol. This guy is so stupid he doesn't realize his screw up here.

Since you start out all of your "posts" (including your lastest one) with your usual "the L.A. bid team is so grandiose & stellar" mumbo-jumbo, then it was only natural to take your ENTIRE post that way.

Perhaps if you also weren't so passive-aggrasive yourself (like your boy love Wasserman) & said Paris 2024 by name, then there would've been no confusion. But since you like to play games, I'm glad that you pointed out my "error" & acknowledge that a Paris 2028 selection would indeed be a "screw up". So Paris 2024 it is then! Now who's the "so stupid" one, stupid! :lol::P

2 hours ago, RuFF said:

http://gamesbids.com/eng/featured/la-2024-is-an-opportunity-not-an-ultimatum-bid-chair-says/

If I were the IOC i would be asking myself whether or not I want to partner with this bid team, especially in the face of the current negative feelings about the Olympic Movement.

Good to know you weren't the IOC, otherwise...

6 minutes ago, FYI said:

Since you start out all of your "posts" (including your lastest one) with your usual "the L.A. bid team is so grandiose & stellar" mumbo-jumbo, then it was only natural to take your ENTIRE post that way.

Perhaps if you also weren't so passive-aggrasive yourself (like your boy love Wasserman) & said Paris 2024 by name, then there would've been no confusion. But since you like to play games, I'm glad that you pointed out my "error" & acknowledge that a Paris 2028 selection would indeed be a "screw up". So Paris 2024 it is then! Now who's the "so stupid" one, stupid! :lol::P

LMFAO.

16 minutes ago, RuFF said:

Blah blah motherfucking blah

trolls.jpg

And no.. when the evaluation team arrives in Los Angeles, they'll be walking into a construction site.  Or did you not actually watch the video before more of your bullshit timeshare pitch?  Please stop telling us how the rest of the world sees Los Angeles.  The rest of the world is not as naive and ignorant as you want to believe they are.

3 hours ago, RuFF said:

http://gamesbids.com/eng/featured/la-2024-is-an-opportunity-not-an-ultimatum-bid-chair-says/

If I were the IOC i would be asking myself whether or not I want to partner with this bid team, especially in the face of the current negative feelings about the Olympic Movement.

It is not an ultimatum, it's jus a fact!:angry:

housing will cost $1.8 Billion (30% of the total budget) and it will no longer be available in 2028. People just need it in 2024 and they won't wait for 4 more years...unless you want them to sleep outside....

So I don't see how you can garantee the OG for 2028 when 30% is missing. Find a correct location for the Olympic Village is very difficult.

3 hours ago, neige said:

It is not an ultimatum, it's jus a fact!:angry:

housing will cost $1.8 Billion (30% of the total budget) and it will no longer be available in 2028. People just need it in 2024 and they won't wait for 4 more years...unless you want them to sleep outside....

So I don't see how you can garantee the OG for 2028 when 30% is missing. Find a correct location for the Olympic Village is very difficult.

I think it's been mostly an ultimatum so far. I mean...it's starting to seem like EVERYTHING about Paris' bid revolves around the village issue.....maybe they are using it too much as a crutch and neglecting to explain why Paris is compelling. Most eggs now are in the "we have to host in 24 cuz of a real estate deal" basket........that ain't sexy. 

Edited by paul
  • Like 2

^That's not much different than Wasserman's "but as in life, opportunities 'only' exist for brief moments of time", or the "if the IOC is serious about agenda 2020, then only L.A. can be that answer, but it 'only' works if L.A. gets '24 (& not '28). That ain't 'sexy', either Nor compelling. And also falls in the "ultamatum basket", bcuz L.A. is pretty much threatening (the city that supposedly has the Olympics in it's "DNA") that their plan is also "only" available for 2024, & then surprisingly just falls apart for 2028. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RuFF said:

Yea, and if you took your head out of your Paris cheerleader pus*y you would also know that the Bradley West terminal opened in 2013. 

VzUQjU4.png

Hello?! You, from all the people in this forum, calling neige (Which was mostly rational and calm) as delusional fanatic? If it wasn't enough funny, it will be so hypocritical. Still your cinism never amazes people.

55 minutes ago, FYI said:

^That's not much different than Wasserman's "but as in life, opportunities 'only' exist for brief moments of time", or the "if the IOC is serious about agenda 2020, then only L.A. can be that answer, but it 'only' works if L.A. gets '24 (& not '28). That ain't 'sexy', either Nor compelling. And also falls in the "ultamatum basket", bcuz L.A. is pretty much threatening (the city that supposedly has the Olympics in it's "DNA") that their plan is also "only" available for 2024, & then surprisingly just falls apart for 2028. 

But hey, for the new USA mentality, this isn't threat, it's just an "advice" in bussiness. Not like the other countries lol.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, paul said:

I think it's been mostly an ultimatum so far. I mean...it's starting to seem like EVERYTHING about Paris' bid revolves around the village issue.....maybe they are using it too much as a crutch and neglecting to explain why Paris is compelling. Most eggs now are in the "we have to host in 24 cuz of a real estate deal" basket........that ain't sexy. 

Don't think they neglect to explain why they're compelling... they just have to answer when they're asked about 2028 and it's simply a fact they would have to find an other OV (which is just 30% of the budget). You have to admit it's not so easy to find such a location, LA didn't succeed in and had to move to a plan B. ;)

Just in case you missed the explanations why Paris is compelling:

Paris 2024 Outlines Legacy Goals

Paris-2024-earn-first-ever-olympic-bid-sustainability-certificate

C8A3P8hWsAAAmD7.jpg

6 hours ago, RuFF said:

And here's another idiot who is eager for to clack because I was responding to Quaker. 

So what if you were responding to Quaker. Last I checked these forums weren't limited to what posts one can respond to. Just like you open your dumb piehole when someone (no matter who) challenges your stupidity on all your bombastic L.A. claims. So all Roger was doing was pointing out your "clear" hypocrisy.