Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, baron-pierreIV said:

You know what.  It just occurred to me now.  The black thing is in reference to the Tar (Pits).  But really, to use that as the shell of a 21st century museum??  

And the LA City Council approved the design, too!!   :wacko:

Tar, how inspiring. Lol.

I get it, but I don't like it.

And maybe that's what they were going for, a building no one will like, in which case they nailed it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

More importantly for a museum, though, is the exhibit space and how well the art can be displayed. 

I'll admit that I'll miss the old museum buildings somewhat; I associate them with my childhood, and I remember what the museum looked like before that 1980s faux Moderne building went up along the sidewalk, which kind of ruined the original plan of the 1960s buildings.  I actually go to LACMA fairly regularly, and I have good memories of LACMA, seeing special exhibits, films and lectures there; I got to see John Waters there too, and of course they have ethnic festivals there as well.

But I don't know, I kinda like some of the renderings of the new LACMA building:

http://www.archdaily.com/792781/new-renderings-released-of-peter-zumthors-lacma-design/57a4ab56e58ecec1ba00014a-new-renderings-released-of-peter-zumthors-lacma-design-image

http://www.archdaily.com/792781/new-renderings-released-of-peter-zumthors-lacma-design/57a4ab07e58ecec1ba000147-new-renderings-released-of-peter-zumthors-lacma-design-image

http://www.archdaily.com/792781/new-renderings-released-of-peter-zumthors-lacma-design/57a4aba5e58ecec1ba00014c-new-renderings-released-of-peter-zumthors-lacma-design-image

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Rob. said:

Nice one!

Of course, all it does for 2024 is further highlight the fact Trump *is* now President and America is in an uneasy place at the moment, turning in on itself. Good luck with the fightback though.

 
 

Well, what are we going to do?  Just roll over and play dead?  Not on your chinny-chin-chin.  The Clown of the Ages must be stopped at every turn. 

I still can't believe I braved the rain and the crowds to march last night in SF!!  And then had dinner with friends at a, what else?  great Chinese restaurant!

Edited by baron-pierreIV
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, baron-pierreIV said:

Well, what are we going to do?  Just roll over and play dead?  Not on your chinny-chin-chin.  The Clown of the Ages must be stopped at every turn. 

I still can't believe I braved the rain and the crowds to march last night in SF!!  And then had dinner with friends at a, what else?  great Chinese restaurant!

The irony here, though, is where were all these people BEFORE the vote. Did they ALL cast their ballots on Election Day?! Cuz it sure seems that with the amount of protests going on, that Mr. Cheetoh shouldn't even of have been close at getting in the White House. Cuz not everyone who voted for Hillary is out there protesting, either.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, FYI said:

The irony here, though, is where were all these people BEFORE the vote. Did they ALL cast their ballots on Election Day?! Cuz it sure seems that with the amount of protests going on, that Mr. Cheetoh shouldn't even of have been close at getting in the White House. Cuz not everyone who voted for Hillary is out there protesting, either.

Electoral Vote.

Understand that under a regual popular vote scenario, Trump lost, big time.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, FYI said:

The irony here, though, is where were all these people BEFORE the vote. Did they ALL cast their ballots on Election Day?! Cuz it sure seems that with the amount of protests going on, that Mr. Cheetoh shouldn't even of have been close at getting in the White House. Cuz not everyone who voted for Hillary is out there protesting, either.

 

Thump's "victory" was predicated on the misplaced geography of the Democratic votes.  But regardless, the insecticide DDT has NO MORAL MANDATE to rule.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JesseSaenz said:

Electoral Vote.

Understand that under a regual popular vote scenario, Trump lost, big time.

I KNOW THAT ALREADY. Hillary got three million more of the popular vote (the MOST of any other losing candiate in history). But there's obviously more than three million people prostesting ACROSS the country. And like I said earlier, NOT all of the Hillary voters are protesting.

Plenty of these protesters have also been asked if they actually even voted, & many of them have said "no". :blink: So that's the thing, if they had, then the "electoral vote" could've turned out very differently as well, especially when you consider the razor thin margins that Frumpy won some of these "battleground states".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, FYI said:

The irony here, though, is where were all these people BEFORE the vote. Did they ALL cast their ballots on Election Day?! Cuz it sure seems that with the amount of protests going on, that Mr. Cheetoh shouldn't even of have been close at getting in the White House. Cuz not everyone who voted for Hillary is out there protesting, either.

We're heard there's a big divide between the so-called "liberal coastal elites" and middle America.  Most of the people we're seeing came from the big cities were many people voted for Hillary, as opposed to more rural areas where there's more support for Trump.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Quaker2001 said:

We're heard there's a big divide between the so-called "liberal coastal elites" and middle America.  Most of the people we're seeing came from the big cities were many people voted for Hillary, as opposed to more rural areas where there's more support for Trump.

That may be so. But OTHO, there were hundreds of thousands protesting yesterday (& mainly for one cause) in many of the cities in 'Middle America' as well, that I would say should've offset many of those rural votes, again considering the very slim margin of victory in some ot these states for Trumpy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...