2 minutes ago, Ansem said:

This is pointless, we're arguing over speculation. Let's just see what happens

Again, how is it "speculation"? Cuz you say so?! You want to totally dismiss what two high profile figures in the L.A. bid committe have to say (cuz you're the one who "needs that bad), then fine, whatever. But expect the rest of us to do the same. Obviously they have more information than we do here.

1 hour ago, Quaker2001 said:

What happened to the IOC being a bunch of corrupt weasels?  The reason is that they have an image problem where several recent hosts have given them a bad look and locking in 2 much safer and more solid hosts might help with that issue.  You said it before and I agree that this probably isn't likely to happen because the IOC won't want to skip out on the process for 2028 where they get cities to sell themselves to the IOC and make promises they may or may not be able to keep in order to beat the competition.  But at the same time, maybe it wouldn't be such a bad thing for the IOC to reverse course on that and give the prize to a highly interested city without having to make them jump through hoops for it.  Of course, that's probably exactly why it's not going to happen.

They are corrupt weasels. If there was money in it for IOC members, that would be a "good reason." But there's no money in handing out both at the same time. 

You may think the IOC has an image problem where several recent hosts have given them a bad look.... but I've seen no evidence the IOC sees it that way. 

5 minutes ago, FYI said:

Again, how is it "speculation"? Cuz you say so?! You want to totally dismiss what two high profile figures in the L.A. bid committe have to say (cuz you're the one who "needs that bad), then fine, whatever. But expect the rest of us to do the same. Obviously they have more information than we do here.

For all we know, it might be another case of this regarding that article:

tumblr_ojms35sU4x1ql10y6o1_r1_400.gif

16 hours ago, Ansem said:

For all we know, it might be another case of this regarding that article:

tumblr_ojms35sU4x1ql10y6o1_r1_400.gif

Do you even know what fake news is?  I'm not sure you do.  

You do realize you're on a forum for Olympic bidding, right?  Not exactly a ton of fresh news to keep the discussion going.  So is this whole thing based mostly on speculation?  Absolutely it is.  But when it's reported what the IOC is or isn't considering (based on a direct quote from their head) and what the USOC and LA2024's response to that is, I think we can somewhat take it at their word that these things are going on.  Doesn't mean we can definitively predict how things are going to go, but it's equally foolish to dismiss the idea that some sort of dual awarding of 2024/2028 is under consideration.

I know this site has a problem sometimes differentiating between fact and speculation, but don't throw this in the fake news category unless you think it's there to be intentionally deceptive.  And I'm guessing you don't actually think that's the case.

3 hours ago, Quaker2001 said:

Do you even know what fake news is?  I'm not sure you do.  

You do realize you're on a forum for Olympic bidding, right?  Not exactly a ton of fresh news to keep the discussion going.  So is this whole thing based mostly on speculation?  Absolutely it is.  But when it's reported what the IOC is or isn't considering (based on a direct quote from their head) and what the USOC and LA2024's response to that is, I think we can somewhat take it at their word that these things are going on.  Doesn't mean we can definitively predict how things are going to go, but it's equally foolish to dismiss the idea that some sort of dual awarding of 2024/2028 is under consideration.

I know this site has a problem sometimes differentiating between fact and speculation, but don't throw this in the fake news category unless you think it's there to be intentionally deceptive.  And I'm guessing you don't actually think that's the case.

Relax I was joking with the fake news. Why so serious lol

1 hour ago, Quaker2001 said:

It is pretty awesome that he is doing this, BUUUUUTTTTT, Titos Tacos are garbage! Lol.

LA has like a bagillion amazing taco places, Tito's is not one of them.

Fish Tacos in East LA, Guisados in Downtown, El Mercadito are just some of the few that I tried that blew my mind.

^^^Yeah, I was never a fan of Tito's either.  And you're right, the LA area has amazing taco places up the yin yang.

For fish tacos, I like Taco Nazo, which is a small chain.  I've been to the one in South El Monte; I think the original location, still in operation, is in La Puente.  

Los Angeles is home to many, many minorities from countries around the world. And if Los Angeles was being voted on as a city, then none of these things would be issues in the first place. But on a much bigger important note, Los Angeles is going to be voted upon the *country* it represents, which ATM, is pissing off a lot of people in many different countries with it's foreign policies. And this is before some IOC members from other countries said that they were gonna make it "their mission" to make sure that the U.S. wasn't getting the Olympics. Now add this stuff, & well..

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, RuFF said:

While Iran may have issue with US Immigration policy it's important to note that Los Angeles is home to more Iranians than any other city outside Iran proper. 

Noted, but like FYI said, not likely to help LA's favor when it comes to winning votes.  Even if this story dies down, the damage has been done.  There are officially strained relations between the United States and another country that directly affect its athletes, so that is a huge black mark against the US right now and therefore against LA2024 (through no fault of their own).  And that's if nothing else goes bad between Trump and Iran, and I'd say the odds of that are pretty low.

Let's re-iterate again.. LA's bid is not dead and buried, but incidents like these are what they absolutely could not afford.  And again, we're 2 weeks into Trump's presidency.  Who knows how far down the rabbit hole things will sink.

I'm sure you guys have already seen LA2024's finalized submitted bid book:  https://la24-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/assets/pdf/LA2024-canditature-part3_english.pdf

Here's Paris':  http://paris2024.org/medias/bidbook/bb3_en_inter_02_02_2017_bd.pdf

Budapest's wasn't available yet.  I'm very curious to see it.

Edited by ejaycat

19 minutes ago, JesseSaenz said:

I wonder if the IOC watched Lady Gaga's spectacular half time performance last night. I can only imagine that LA would put on an even more spectacular show of that kind of caliber.

Drones, choreohraphed audience. My mind was blown.

:lol:

I doubt it plays a factor in awarding the games. Pretty sure the French can do the same or better.