Aww ya beat me to it!

both of ya

Sorry!

Another version of the photo shared earlier found on their instagram:

641puo.jpg

With or without the abnormally summery weather here, these sunsets do come quite often, and cast the same effect almost everywhere, besides the beach.

Hope to see the brand applied to other shots.

I think the logo is fantastic. I thought they were going to have a bunch of stars or something like the 1984 logo. I like that it plays on the "city of angels" aspect, since there's no well known landmark like in Paris or Rome. I think this logo says a lot more about Los Angeles than the logos for Paris and Rome for their cities.

Love the logo, best for 2024 so far.

Looking forward to seeing LA's bid evolve. As I've mentioned before, I'm rooting for a Paris triumph in 2024, but would be happy to see LA come through also. I hope the USOC sticks with LA if it loses 2024. Might do them good to stick with the one city instead of going elsewhere like they always do. Although if Chicago changed its tune, it could be a steal for 2028.

Love the logo, best for 2024 so far.

Looking forward to seeing LA's bid evolve. As I've mentioned before, I'm rooting for a Paris triumph in 2024, but would be happy to see LA come through also. I hope the USOC sticks with LA if it loses 2024. Might do them good to stick with the one city instead of going elsewhere like they always do. Although if Chicago changed its tune, it could be a steal for 2028.

LMAO Chicago would never change its tune. They're far too busy with more pressing matters.

I love the logo, but I feel that it's a bit too much for just a candidate city logo. I honestly think it's great enough to be the official logo for the games if they were to have won. I mean it would be a FAR better Olympic logo than London.

I love the idea of the sun.

I think angels, I think death though, I just find it a bit weird. Website is really nice and fresh looking. The map is great.

People still ant over the London logo then. Change the record and move on : )

Edited by daveypodmore
  • Like 1

Colours are nice but I actually don't think it looks much like an angel at all.

My first impression was how unusual for them to choose rhythmic gymnastics to represent their bid. Took me too long to figure out it was a wing and then I'm thinking butterfly, fairy? Los Fairies 2024?

Oh....it's meant to be an angel!

Nice concept poorly executed. Especially when compared to Paris' which is abstract but instantly understandable. This is literal but confusing.

Edited by Rob.

I see the venues have changed a bit. All gymnastics had been moved to the Forum (a bit of a surprise). Staples Center will host all basketball. Galen Center will host handball and taekwondo. Volleyball has been moved to Pauley Pavilion. Boxing has been added to the L.A. Convention Center and archery will be at Bunker Hill. Still no mention of the Rams Stadium. I'm guessing until they know what the design is they will leave it out for now.

I'm guessing until they know what the design is they will leave it out for now.

Well, it's claiming that "what we have, we will use" (i.e., we do NOT need to build); so including the new Rams stadium would be counter to this pitch. But it's always handy to have extra venues there.

Also, they've moved Equestrian from Santa Anita park to the Sepulveda Basin. (I've never visited that Basin.)

And when it bids for the Winter Olympics, this will be the logo...

snow-angel-1.jpg

And here's the company that designed the 2024 logo...

https://www.72andsunny.com/news

Edited by baron-pierreIV

It is a nice logo, not amazing, but nice! But it still puzzles me why every winning city feels the need to adopt a new logo for the games itself. Tokyo's candidate logo was beautiful and now they are in all sorts of problems looking for a new one. Just stick with one logo from start to finish and use it as a marketing device to create a strong and identifiable image for the games for the entire 7 year period.

My first impression was how unusual for them to choose rhythmic gymnastics to represent their bid. Took me too long to figure out it was a wing and then I'm thinking butterfly, fairy? Los Fairies 2024?

Nice concept poorly executed. Especially when compared to Paris' which is abstract but instantly understandable. This is literal but confusing.

LMAO. How do you NOT recognize an angel in that logo? A fairy? Jesus Christ.

Anyway, the logo is beautiful.

It is a nice logo, not amazing, but nice! But it still puzzles me why every winning city feels the need to adopt a new logo for the games itself. Tokyo's candidate logo was beautiful and now they are in all sorts of problems looking for a new one. Just stick with one logo from start to finish and use it as a marketing device to create a strong and identifiable image for the games for the entire 7 year period.

Because creating a brand that works across all applications for an Olympics and Paralympics is very different beast from a bid logo, which will mostly do not very much or have very much thought put into its accompanying Look.

Whatever you think of London's logo (let's not get into that debate again in this thread), I think the venues would've looked a lot less interesting if the Look was designed off the back of our bid logo.

A bid city has to create a quick logo for people to rally around, a host city has to create a complete brand with all elements associated with that which works in venues, on tickets, on merchandise, on scoreboards, on TV, online etc etc etc.

That said, I sometimes wonder why bids need logos, and given the fact that the host city Look is so pervasive and the Olympic Rings so recognisable, I almost think host cities could get away without them too. Just design a brilliant Look around the Olympic Rings and be done with it. Could it work? Maybe a subject for another thread.

I like it - not what I expected! Love the colours! I think LA has a great bid and it will be tough to separate it with Paris. I love both cities and would love both to win but I loved LA 84 - loved LA when I visited and would love another LA games. But then again I love Paris - lived there and would love to see a Paris games! Aaaarrrggghhh!

• Like 1

Browsed through the bid book and found something that has been damaging to previous bids. Displacement. An LA2024 would have zero displacement which traditionally disproportionately affects the poor.

And the 24/7 hype cycle continues

Also...WTH Paris. It's February 17th and your site still isn't up. Props to LA for giving this bid a **** ton of heart and soul and getting everything up.

LA by far has the best bid logo in this cycle.

Rome's looks like either a government logo or someone pasted a stock image of the coliseum.

Paris is interesting, but kind of boring.

Budapest doesn't even have one.

#LAdoingthemost

I love the idea of the sun.

I think angels, I think death though, I just find it a bit weird.

Brought up in a strict Calvinist household?

You may be in a minority on the delay in identifying the wing!

What I'm wondering is whether the surrounding cartouche is sponsored by Beats Pill.