GamesBids 2013 IOC Session Lotto/Final Predictions

Sir Rols

lol

just now, cnnturk gave a list whom gonna vote who list ( which i still find it non ethic) 10 of madrid supporters turn into Istanbul and 10 to tokyo:)

i love olympics .. last days it turns into young and restless soapoperas:D

u by the way they say 35/40 will vote istanbul.

and last mintue.....

a BİG SUPRISE from Istanbul at the conference ... but nothing announced ...

a whirling dervish? with words of rumi "come who ever u are come..."?

and turkish arirlines flagged all BA THY Istanbul 2020 with messi . hahahahhaha thats awesome :D

uuu guys... its strange all press and tv becomes just Istanbul 2020... news, speeches articles... its hot in here :)

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Messi-vuelca-Madrid-2020.jpg

messi_m2020-16165.jpg

This photos are from Buenos Aires, just after the campaign of Turkish Airlines. It was said that the Big surprise prepared by Istanbul was Messi, but it isn't :D:D

Just add that the 2 main football clubs of Argentina and Buenos aires mayor showed their support to Madrid this week :P

Well, Spanish press says Madrid will win, Turkish says the same with Istanbul, and Japanesse with Tokio, nothing new.

Messi-vuelca-Madrid-2020.jpg

messi_m2020-16165.jpg

This photos are from Buenos Aires, just after the campaign of Turkish Airlines. It was said that the Big surprise prepared by Istanbul was Messi, but it isn't :D:D

Just add that the 2 main football clubs of Argentina and Buenos aires mayor showed their support to Madrid this week :P

Well, Spanish press says Madrid will win, Turkish says the same with Istanbul, and Japanesse with Tokio, nothing new.

turks says tokyo ,s favorite.

altough Messi forced to wear that shirt, he plays a catalan team and argentinian as catalans says ...(i just heard) after den THY flags spanish forced messi to wear it, about a week the flags in BA ( as i heard)

cant cofirm those .. just i heard as i said.

messi isnot the suprise. its something else as a secret... even we turks dont know ...

Well, a catalan team is a Spanish team. Messi didn't took part in the Spanish video, and the critics made him wear that t-shirt, who cares if he wants or not.

Pau Gasol (basketball player) who will represent spanish sportsmen in the presentation is Catalan, as well as Ona Carbonell, and Mireia del Monte (who will also be there), Samaranch was also catalan, (i imagine his son too but no idea).

Here they are also talking about a surprise from Madrid's bid, we will see it on saturday

OMG, I've just seen in TF1 (Télé France) that their special correspondent in BA has that the votes might be swinging around 35-40 for Madrid, around 30-35 for Intanbul, and actually Tokyo having the least! around 25 votes. He said that in the corridors the IOC has valued well Turkey's fight against doping and the low-cost vision from Madrid, and this is TeleFrance, they really don't have much interest in this (apart from Paris 2024). Goodness me that was unexpected, I really did not expect Tokyo falling in the first round à la Chicago.

In case this is true and that it happens this way of course...

Well, a catalan team is a Spanish team. Messi didn't took part in the Spanish video, and the critics made him wear that t-shirt, who cares if he wants or not.

Pau Gasol (basketball player) who will represent spanish sportsmen in the presentation is Catalan, as well as Ona Carbonell, and Mireia del Monte (who will also be there), Samaranch was also catalan, (i imagine his son too but no idea).

Here they are also talking about a surprise from Madrid's bid, we will see it on saturday

We Americans appreciate Mr Gasol for so many reason, 2 in particular.

bring the surprise!!!!!!!

OMG, I've just seen in TF1 (Télé France) that their special correspondent in BA has that the votes might be swinging around 35-40 for Madrid, around 30-35 for Intanbul, and actually Tokyo having the least! around 25 votes. He said that in the corridors the IOC has valued well Turkey's fight against doping and the low-cost vision from Madrid, and this is TeleFrance, they really don't have much interest in this (apart from Paris 2024). Goodness me that was unexpected, I really did not expect Tokyo falling in the first round à la Chicago.

In case this is true and that it happens this way of course...

That was what I was talking about... Madrid might pull a surprise. But remember, Madrid always pushes a strong first round, but fails to gain votes in the second one...

I've been reading most of the comments here and their predictions, but still I find Istanbul with big chances to be awarded. I do agree that every election of a host city is different, but the patterns tell us that this time won't be different about picking a "new frontier". With the Turkish waking up to a westerner democratic government , in spite of being ruled right now by someone whose ideas are conservative, in seven years this will make improving the conditions in Turkey.

They have the capacity and I'm sure they would deliver unforgettable games.

…. But what if the totalitarian part of the government (it's leaders) gets stronger and freedoms become more restricted? It can get worse as easily as it can get better. It can go either way or at least it seems like it may. The IOC is currently dealing with a host government (that they are tied to) that is cracking down on human rights; it’s put them in an embarrassing and unresolved dilemma. They are choosing to ignore it and hope to move quickly past it with as little damage to the brand as possible. Will members be willing to risk another similar or possible worse scenario by electing a city and country that some describe as unstable? And what about Syria, the escalating problems in the region cannot be helpful.

But look what happen in previous host cities, they could change their system and if Turkey and its population commit to improve that, they will get it. Let's look at Brazil and back to the late 70s and early 80s, the South Korean government could change paradigms for good. Istanbul shouldn't be punished by one person and his entourage. I'm sure the IOC would make a condition to the Organizing Committee and the government behind to improve everything. Most of us know this is Istanbul moment, and I think Istanbul has big chances to do it.

Olympics: Madrid bid chief dismisses Spanish report city has half of IOC votes

By Dave Hueston

BUENOS AIRES, Sept. 4, Kyodo

Madrid, which is vying against Tokyo and Istanbul for the 2020 Summer Olympics, dismissed a report Wednesday saying the Spanish capital will receive about half the votes in the first ballot by the International Olympic Committee to decide the host city on Saturday.

Fielding questions in the city's kickoff press conference in Buenos Aires three days before the vote, bid chief Alejandro Blanco declined to confirm a report from Spanish daily El Mundo that Madrid is set to receive about 50 votes -- nearly half of the approximate 100 to be cast.

"You're making a comment regarding an article published by print media, which expresses its own view. We do not make individual assessments," said Blanco. "We do not give opinions about the number of votes we have. We are here to hear the assessment of the IOC members. We value what we have come here for...to get the majority of votes."

Some 100 IOC members will take part in the vote to decide the host city. Madrid is making its third consecutive bid, while Tokyo, which is seen as the slight front-runner, is making its second attempt in a row. Istanbul is bidding for the fifth time overall.

When asked about the report in a separate press conference the same day, outgoing IOC President Jacques Rogge said, "I can tell you this, the vote of IOC members is secret, so no one knows how he or she will vote."

Mayor Ana Botella and Ignacio Gonzalez, head of the Madrid regional government, said the city was on a steady but marginal path to economic recovery. Blanco also emphasized Madrid's "no-tolerance" doping policy.

Madrid said that a recent opinion poll showed that 88 percent of people surveyed believed that hosting the 2020 Games would be beneficial for Spain. Support for Madrid's bid was highest among those between the ages of 25 to 34, with nearly 95 percent of those in the bracket saying they want the city to organize the Games.

All three bids are facing a series of challenges: Madrid its slumping economy, Tokyo problems with radiation-contaminated water at the crippled Fukushima nuclear power plant, and Istanbul an escalating civil war in Turkey's neighbor Syria.

Rogge refused to comment on the issues directly but said, "What I can say is we have three very good bids -- any one of them would stage very good Games. I will be prepared to answer all the questions once the host city has been declared," he said.

==Kyodo

Thanks for doing that ! What a big weekend we have ahead! So much tension!

I NEED Istanbul to deliver the goods to take my mind off Abbott.

In fact, its becoming less about Istanbul winning - and more about Madrid losing. I know that if the word "TOKYO" comes out of Rogge's mouth, my first instinct will be relief that is not Madrid.

I NEED Istanbul to deliver the goods to take my mind off Abbott.

I've just turned off politics for this entire (Oz) campaign. I switch away from the TV news and ads and gone into total ostrich mode. I've never been so politically disconnected and pissed off at both the alternatives.

I've just turned off politics for this entire (Oz) campaign. I switch away from the TV news and ads and gone into total ostrich mode. I've never been so politically disconnected and pissed off at both the alternatives.

Ditto. Even my vote for the Greens is up in the air due to my feelings toward my local candidate - Hall Greenland (Grayndler). I'm not sure why the Greens put someone so flakey in their second strongest seat after Melbourne.

Archived