GamesBids 2013 IOC Session Lotto/Final Predictions

Sir Rols

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In 09, BBC News showed the whole thing, first vote right through to announcement & I think Eurosport showed the announcement live too.

It might have just been a slow news day, not likely to happen on Saturday with all that's happening in Syria.

In 09, BBC News showed the whole thing, first vote right through to announcement & I think Eurosport showed the announcement live too.

It might have just been a slow news day, not likely to happen on Saturday with all that's happening in Syria.

Plus there's the G20 in Russia and the firewerx generated from there. That'll probably compete with the news from B.A.

Some Spanish and Japanese newspapers and news agencies are claiming today that both Tokyo's and Madrid's bids have secured as many as 40 votes each, more than enough to get them both on to the final, leaving them needing only 9-10 more votes to win in the hypothetical final round. I don't know how we'll informed these newspapers might be or whether their sources might be reliable, but the figures give in both sites more or less concord with each other.

Today in the Spanish newspaper 'El Mundo', you can read '50 of 98 IOC members, promised supporting Madrid'

Next to it you can see a graphic with a list of IOC members, and wether they support Madrid (50+1(egyptian) they have not decided yet (33), or they are against Madrid (14)

I don't know if it's pure speculation or what, but you can check the list there.

Certainly going to be overshadowed here in Australia. The biggest distraction is our federal election scheduled for Saturday, and the no doubt polarising fallout from that occurring on Sunday.

Then there is the G20.- which is going a bit of overage as we're the next host nation at Brisbane 2014.

Then there is Syria- which couldn't have worse timing for Istanbul.

Yeah, doubt if you'll hear a thing Down Under. Just hope for you that the country doesn't fall for Abbot. How are thing looking?

He's going to win. However, latest expect it won't be a totally catastrophic landslide to the Coalition - so if Labor gets its **** together it could very well be back in 2016 - assuming Abbott's first term is as volatile as he is a politician. However, I don't like Rudd either, so its a good opportunity for Labor to sit out a few years and get their **** together.

• Host city winner - Tokyo

• First city voted out - Istanbul (I expect the first round to have all 3 cities with 30+ votes to be honest)

• How many voting rounds to decide the winner - 2

• Which sport will be added - Wrestling (though I'd rather Squash)

• Who will be the new IOC president - Thomas Bach (though a nice way to usher in diversity would be with Ser Miang Ng)

Today in the Spanish newspaper 'El Mundo', you can read '50 of 98 IOC members, promised supporting Madrid'

Next to it you can see a graphic with a list of IOC members, and wether they support Madrid (50+1(egyptian) they have not decided yet (33), or they are against Madrid (14)

I don't know if it's pure speculation or what, but you can check the list there.

There is up to 107 votes, likely between 102 and 104. So not sure where the 98 is coming from.

You know half of those are B/S'ing you.

My first round guesses:

Istanbul - 32

Madrid - 28

Tokyo - 41

Is there an online source?

Yes that's the link. those 50 are the ones wich support madrid. the '+1' is the egyptian member which is a Madrids supporter but would probably unattend the session. The 33 are doubting, and those 14 have said No to Madrid. The article also says that counting with a 20% desertions, from those who said that would support Madrid ( basing in previous experiences) the spanish capital will obtain around 40.

It also counts with the abstention of Rogge ( as he always did)

There is up to 107 votes, likely between 102 and 104. So not sure where the 98 is coming from.

Take into account the members from Spain Japan and turkey

its not a nice article. in case madrid had kick out at the first round people gonna blame those ones. and seen as liars..

or someone of dem can say no ididnt promise kind a thing and that make el mundo dirty press

el mundo must know press ethics and musnt give the peoples names.

its not a nice article. in case madrid had kick out at the first round people gonna blame those ones. and seen as liars..

or someone of dem can say no ididnt promise kind a thing and that make el mundo dirty press

el mundo must know press ethics and musnt give the peoples names.

If someone says he/she is going to vote Tokyo/Istanbul/Madrid, and then he doesn't ( as i'm sure many IOC members do ) they diserve being called liars.

A different thing is if El Mundo was speculating ( thats dirty press) or if they have that information

^Agreed, if El Mundo is so sure about that they should give names of their sources not just "sources close to the IOC", because I for one can invent a lot of things and disguise them as "information from inside the voting"

Maybe they need something to fill the pages of their newspapers, but this empty speculations does nothing but harming Madrid's chances if this article reaches Buenos Aires, and surely it will.

And by the way, how can they know if someone will vote for this or that? Isn't the vote secret? And if someone ought to know whether these members have said yes to Madrid that should be the bid team and the three Spanish members, and I doubt that they can be as dumb as to publicly say who is going to vote for whom.

If someone says he/she is going to vote Tokyo/Istanbul/Madrid, and then he doesn't ( as i'm sure many IOC members do ) they diserve being called liars.

A different thing is if El Mundo was speculating ( thats dirty press) or if they have that information

which organ u use for reading?

i said if ....... etc

press should not give the names of people like this.

Archived