GamesBids 2013 IOC Session Lotto/Final Predictions

Sir Rols

I agree, the 2024 race already looks like it will be an interesting one. With so many US cities given the chance and a chance for Africa's first games, I think it will be much more exciting.

I'm not sure if you realize, but the 'so many U.S. cities' will not be given a chance. Out of the ten cities that the USOC is supposedly talking to, only one will ultimately be officially chosen to present to the IOC. And that's even IF the USOC decides to bid for 2024, which they still could choose not to. And that won't be decided 'til at least another year.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would not call a Tokyo victory "safe" at this point.

I would say that that the other cities will use some type of GOTV system to win.

I'm not sure if you realize, but the 'so many U.S. cities' will not be given a chance. Out of the ten cities that the USOC is supposedly talking to, only one will ultimately be officially chosen to present to the IOC. And that's even IF the USOC decides to bid for 2024, which they still could choose not to. And that won't be decided 'til at least another year.

I think and hope the city they choose will be DC.

What if Toronto had taken a chance on 2020? Without US opposition they'd have had a good shot.

probably not because for some reason people in europe consider north and south america the same continent. embarrassingly, they even have to share a ring. "the colonies" they call them.

actually come to think of it that's what they call africa, asia, and australia, too.

Do we have any real life IOC members or aides here on the forum? Might add to the fun if we can see what really makes them vote for one bid over others.

It's been mentioned that some perhaps may lurk on here, but seriously doubt that any of them would put themselves in a precarious situation like that here, if they're not bound by some agreement not comment in such places TBW. I'm sure they have better things to do than listen to us here.

What if Toronto had taken a chance on 2020? Without US opposition they'd have had a good shot.

No way. Not right after Vancouver and not with a newly signed American revenue deal.

Ohhh, now there's a thought. I would've loved to have seen a Spanish/Canadian flame war like that! I would've paid money for a front seat in that show! :lol:

It's been mentioned that some perhaps may lurk on here, but seriously doubt that any of them would put themselves in a precarious situation like that here, if they're not bound by some agreement not comment in such places TBW. I'm sure they have better things to do than listen to us here.

well, they could read and comment as anonymous users, obviously. a small few probably do, as been hinted on here from time to time, realizing that every now and again this forum is capable of churning out the rare kernel of insight on bid politics—as well as a few snappy one liners from me, of course.

but in reality, most top brass at the IOC are so rich and self-important they simply pay people to do their thinking for them, and those people probably read GB.

or at least, that's how i like to imagine IOC members: nodding quietly while sitting in their marble palaces with their feet on the desks, swilling a snifter of brandy while six-figure consultants and harried interns half dead from exhaustion fall all over themselves to pass barely paraphrased GB posts off as painstakingly-researched market analysis.

I'm sure they're not the only NOC heads or city fathers around the world muttering to themselves now: "Coulda, Shoulda, Woulda".

or at least, that's how i like to imagine IOC members: nodding quietly while sitting in their marble palaces with their feet on the desks, swilling a snifter of brandy while six-figure consultants and harried interns half dead from exhaustion fall all over themselves to pass barely paraphrased GB posts off as painstakingly-researched market analysis.

I wonder what tyey made of Mr X's deflowering?

[quote name="Sir Rols" post="403622" timestamp="

I wonder what tyey made of Mr X's deflowering?

Let's just say that a particular hilton stairwell got a lot of increased traffic from a certain class of 60 year old ex sailing stars, European counts, and former Hungarian shot putters-cum-businessmen (emphasis on the cum, naturally).

• + Host city winner... Madrid

• + First city voted out... Istanbul and Tokyo

• + How many voting rounds to decide the winner... One

• + Which sport will be added... wrestling

• + Who will be the new IOC president... Thomas Bach

The Madrid video is ways better now than for 2016 race.

That "proud population" mood always sound a bit arrogant.

Is it serious? Istanbul using Rihanna?

Well, I love this song, but, why not something more Turkish?

That's Los Caidos, isn't it?

That's a bit like Tokyo putting the Yasakuni Shrine on their bid images.

Dont think for a moment that this image with the Madrid 2020 logo is real. I dont know if the person who posted the photo is the one who did it, but one have to be a really bad person to do that. At the end of the day, all these non sense attacks to Madrid seems to be because it is a real contender and it seems it bothers them.

That's Los Caidos, isn't it?

That's a bit like Tokyo putting the Yasakuni Shrine on their bid images.

And the funny thing is that the person who posted the picture is someone supporting Madrid. Wow, what a nice way to be a supporter, posting a place done by a fascist dictator like the image of Madrid. I dont want to insult anybody but sometimes it seems that homo sapiens brain evolution didnt go the same for everybody.

Of the three cities I like the Tokyo video the most, I think it inspires something more positive. The Madrid one is nice, but a bit too serious and the music is a little bit sad... the video form Istanbul is very nice because the city is amazing, but I dont like the music... I think Turkish music would have been much nicer.

-all 3 videos are terrible-

Japan and Madrid suffer from very bad effects, and though Istanbul seemed to have the best production quality, it also had too many “staged” actors making it seem phony. The 2 hookers and one guy that go on a boat ride from 2:10 to 2:22 is lame. Rihanna’s song is just out of place and kinda sad

Archived