GamesBids 2013 IOC Session Lotto/Final Predictions

Sir Rols

Pretty close to two weeks to go now to the Buenos Aires session. Almost time to start considering our final predictions.

Seeing as there's three big votes to follow in BA, maybe this time we can have a bit of fun and look beyond the mere host city vote. I propose the GamesBids IOC 2013 Session Lotto.

Rules are easy – make your predictions for:

• Host city winner (from Istanbul, Madrid and Tokyo)

• First city voted out (or city with lowest number of votes if decided in a single round)

• How many voting rounds to decide the winner (minimum one, maximum three – which would only happen if there is a draw for bottom in the first round and a a tiebreak vote takes place to decide the first loser).

• Which sport will be added (from baseball/softball, squash and wrestling)

• Who will be the new IOC president (from Thomas Bach, Denis Oswald, Sergey Bubka, Richard Carrion, Ser Miang Ng, and C.K. Wu)

Post your predictions below and I'll tally up scores (1 point for each correct prediction) when the dust has settled and name the GamesBids superbrains of 2013. You may want to wait till closer to the final votes to make your picks (as I will), but I'll only count predictions made up to September 7, Sydney time).

Have fun!

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• First city voted out (Istanbul)

• How many voting rounds to decide the winner (two).

• Who will be the new IOC president (from Thomas Bach, Denis Oswald, Sergey Bubka, Richard Carrion, Ser Miang Ng, and C.K. Wu)

• Who will be the new IOC president (Thomas Bach)

Will be elected in 3 rounds.

I wasn't sure about procedures for the sport and presidential votes, so didn't include the rounds. But anyone can feel free to include those (and even the final voting tallies in the host city vote if so inclined). That would really be a test of everyone's IOC knowledge/psychic abilities!

• Host city winner (Tokyo)

• First city voted out (Madrid)

• Which sport will be added (wrestling)

• Who will be the new IOC president (Thomas Bach)

Will be elected in 3 rounds. </p>

This is what I say, too. And interesting that so far, no one has said that Istanbul will win. Have they really fu@&ed up their own chances. Looks like now it could be an upset of a race if they actually do happen to pull it off now.

Host city winner (from Istanbul, Madrid and Tokyo)

• Host city winner: Istanbul

• How many voting rounds to decide the winner: 2

• Which sport will be added: Wrestling

• Who will be the new IOC president: Thomas Bach

• Host city winner Madrid-want :) Tokyo-fear :o

• First city voted out the "bridge together" city <_<

• How many voting rounds to decide the winner 2 :ph34r: :ph34r:

• Which sport will be added wrestling :lol:

• Who will be the new IOC president i dont know them to well, none seem amazing just same old guys in ill fitting suits. -_-

Not offering predictions yet. (I may not offer any at all.) But I think it's interesting to note where there's agreement and where there isn't.

Nobody expects squash to be added. Very few expect Tokyo to be eliminated first. Most expect 2 rounds of voting. Bach seems to be the man of the hour.

However, there seems to be no consensus on the big prize. The host city predictions are all over the map.

However, there seems to be no consensus on the big prize. The host city predictions are all over the map.

Tell me about it. My inclinations say Tokyo, but I just can't shake the niggling feeling all campaign that Madrid can surprise.

And Istanbul? Well, they tried to do a Rio, but their campaign's been nothing like the disciplined and triumphal one of the Brazilians.

I'm also still undecided if it's going to be Bach, or an "anybody but Bach" candidate.

I'm going to wait till the last few days myself in case anything big breaks and we get some clear idea of momentum.

PS - if anyone wants to edit their predictions, before September 7, feel free.

• Host city winner: Istanbul
  • First city voted out: Madrid and Tokyo

• How many voting rounds to decide the winner: one

• Which sport will be added: softball/baseball

• Who will be the new IOC president: no clue

(And remembering 4 years ago I was under real pressure, avoiding to post here because all the mess in the threads) hahaha

This time everything looks so smooth

So far these are the tallies:

Winning City:

Istanbul: 3

Madrid: 5

Tokyo: 8

First City Out

Istanbul:9

Madrid: 3

Tokyo: 2

Revived Sport

baseball/softball: 4

squash and wrestling: 10

New IOC President: Thomas Bach

So in perspective this is how it looks now:

Winner: Tokyo

First city out: Istanbul

Revived Sport: Wrestling

New IOC President: Thomas Bach

just a bit fortune telling help i had... i ask facade to see tarot change of the cities.

here which card comes to which city... lol... a clear Tokyo victory:)

Madrid

Death, when reversed: Stagnation or petrifaction. The refusal to let go of the past. Resistance to change because of fear.

İstanbul
The Magician, when reversed: Trickery, demagoguery, and artful deceptions. The use of knowledge and skill for selfish gain or destructive purposes. The abuse of technology. Incompetence and uncertainty. A lack of will power. A fatal flaw in a great work.
Tokyo
Six of Wands (Victory): A sense of honor and satisfaction at the resolution of an important matter. Triumph after great struggle. Jubilation at the hearing of good news. The realization of hopes and desires.

just a bit fortune telling help i had... i ask facade to see tarot change of the cities.

here which card comes to which city... lol... a clear Tokyo victory:)

Madrid

Death, when reversed: Stagnation or petrifaction. The refusal to let go of the past. Resistance to change because of fear.

İstanbul
The Magician, when reversed: Trickery, demagoguery, and artful deceptions. The use of knowledge and skill for selfish gain or destructive purposes. The abuse of technology. Incompetence and uncertainty. A lack of will power. A fatal flaw in a great work.
Tokyo
Six of Wands (Victory): A sense of honor and satisfaction at the resolution of an important matter. Triumph after great struggle. Jubilation at the hearing of good news. The realization of hopes and desires.

I think that Madrid could pull a victory. This year they are diamonds in the sky.

Archived