Sign in to follow this  
mattygs

Meeting Fellow GB Members

Yeah...although having been here for over a decade, I haven't met anyone. I guess I feel this is a bit of a 'nerdy' interest of mine and I'm kind of a private person. I don't come around here as much either. Certainly not as much as in the build up to the Vancouver games.

I don't see it as nerdy at all. The Olympics are fascinating on so many levels, among them athletic and geopolitical. Always cool stuff.

There are some posters I'd actually like to meet if I were ever in their hometown... and I know where I'll be in 2018 so it's possible I'll meet some then.

I am sure some of us local GHMA members will be meeting during the Pan Ams. I can relate to Kenadian being a more private person. But there are about a half-dozen that I would like to meet. Unfortunately the only time I had made arrangements to meet someone shist happened.

I don't see it as nerdy at all. The Olympics are fascinating on so many levels, among them athletic and geopolitical. Always cool stuff.

getting this into the Olympics is definitely nerdy behavior! :lol:

I'm super nerdy .... on the inside where it really counts!

The coolest people I know are nerdy in some ways, like I think it's cool to write as well as some of you do....I wish I could.

Edited by paul

...as for meeting people, I keep thinking I should take Mr Barron to lunch or dinner some time, I'm up there a lto lately. But I might bore him with my Fukashima talk! :o

I also really liked that flat in London that the guys had, that looked so perfect!

Edited by paul

getting this into the Olympics is definitely nerdy behavior! :lol:

I'm super nerdy .... on the inside where it really counts!

The coolest people I know are nerdy in some ways, like I think it's cool to write as well as some of you do....I wish I could.

Whatever you say, Poindexter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aMcEJZT-n0

Edited by Gangwon

To the masses, the Olympics get discussed for a few weeks every second year or so - unless your country is particularly bad in one set, then only once in four years, or if your country/region is hosting the Olympics, then every single day for seven to ten years. But for us here? Yeah, it is a nerdy little interest. But it is our nerdy little interest! And very endearing. ;)

• Like 1

The obsession itself is nerdy, but at least it has to do with the very un-nerdy subject of sports.