Spain Preparing A Bid For 2022 Winter Olympics Amid Madrid 2020 Campaign

Baron, Do you want sail in a radioactive ocean?. Are you sure that it is safety for sailors?.

Are you sure I'm exaggerating? Read the new carefully, they do not know the magnitude of the spill and qualify of emergency.

Why would YOU sail in unsafe waters? If it's still radioactive 7 YEARS from now, why would the Organizing Committee put Sailing there? :blink: I think their Sailing events are set for Tokyo Bay. So your point is to totally diss the Tokyo bid even if your arguments DON'T uhmmm...hold water. :lol:

Now let's talk about something BOTH your countries have...bullet trains. You just had that freakin' accident on their bullet train. What is Japan's safety record on their bullet trains? SEVEN BILLION passenger...count'em SEVEN billion SAFE trips in the nearly FIFTY years of Japan's Shinkansen...thru 3 Olympic Games, earthquakes and all.

http://www.japan-talk.com/jt/new/shinkansen-bullet-trains-in-Japan

What about Spain? Thru one Olympic Games, some twenty years only and one recent tragic accident with 78 deaths on a stretch that's NOT even supposed to be high speed!?! <_< C'mon. Even a blind man could see the difference!!

Personas que viven en casas de cristal no deben tirar piedras a otros.

Edited by baron-pierreIV

I think Frank is correct in the way Madrid's news are not as many as those referred to Tokyo and Istambul. For example, a really important news appeared at 07/22/2013 said that the Association of Interprofessionals Employers Bussinessmen, reffered to the mayority of European Capital Cities, is in favour of Madrid 2020 Olympics.

Actually this new was discussed before and we made the acclaration before. While is good to Madrid bussiness, doesn't mean an extra point to Madrid options.

Why would YOU sail in unsafe waters? If it's still radioactive 7 YEARS from now, why would the Organizing Committee put Sailing there? :blink: I think their Sailing events are set for Tokyo Bay. So your point is to totally diss the Tokyo bid even if your arguments DON'T uhmmm...hold water. :lol:

Personas que viven en casas de cristal no deben tirar piedras a otros.

100% Agreed on that

Actually this new was discussed before and we made the acclaration before. While is good to Madrid bussiness, doesn't mean an extra point to Madrid options.

Yes, it certainly has been discussed and covered here. But really, it wasn't much of a story anyway - "European business leaders support a European bid"??? That should be bleeding obvious. It would be more a story if they DIDN'T support a Euro bid.

• Like 1

Baron, as you said about Fukushima beeing far from Tokyo, it happens the same to the train crash, which happened 600km away from Madrid. But for you, in this case distance must not be important.

Furthermore, I think you don't know much about Spanish high speed system. The one which WOULD BE USED for the Games to transport people and athletes to co-host cities is called AVE, and has a TOTALLY DIFFERENT stop system. It stops the train when it exceeds the compulsory speed.

The train involved in the crash does not use that system. It only stops the train when it exceeds 200km/h. Now of course, like in any other country, this system is gonna be improved to the other and better one. So we can still be proud of our high speed trains.

There is no way to critizise it because, I repeat, IT IS NOT THE ONE WHICH WOULD BE USED.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...