Fantasy City Bid Contest

^

That would be hilarious!

@Olympic Fan Darcy, @thatsnotmypuppy, and any other members the sign up is still available.

Some rules have been changed: All you need to do now is a logo, small bid book, and a venue plan. It does not have to be huge but must include some pictures (however many you would like). Anything else is optional and not expected. Thank you once again for your participation. @ admin can you delete the fight that happened in the 1-3rd pages please? Thank you.

July 30th, 2013

Today Baton Rouge city officials announced a new plan to expand and rebuild and expand the city of Baton Rouge. In the past the city was split between the East and West side of the Mississippi River until now. Officials announced that the parish will now become one Baton Rouge. In the wake of this announcement architect Samuel Gibson has revealed the cities plans for the city. He say's that the architecture will put the city on the map and revealed the following image of what the main street will look like: s5cx8p.jpg

Rumors claim that the city will bid for the 2028 Olympic Games...

Ahhhh is that the Nazi's plan for greater Berlin? If so.. woah. Just woah. Not cool at all!

ahhhh you noticed, and in ways yes...only particular aspects such as a refined Grobe Hall and his massive Arch de steroids. Yet all swastikas or Nazi party symbols are gone. The Grobe hall is renamed the Palace of Ports and is based off the Elizabethan halls where merchants would go to discuss and sell their items. Here that would be done, along with an exhibition hall that could be used for a worlds fair. I myself despise the Nazi's and what they stood for, but their architecture was powerful and in some respects beautiful...every time that torch comes into the stadium remember where it came from as well.

No matter what happens here, nothing will come close to the Scotguy/Manchester v Fatixxx/Bursa flame war of a while back. That was intense!

I would love to see that!

Sorry I mean Baron can be annoying as balls as can anyone but yeah that post really did make you sound like a jerk. The kid is new and excited to be on the forums and you shut him down? If that happened when I first joined I probably wouldn't come back.

I'm all for new and excited, but I'm also a fan of smart and sensible as well. So when someone like BR comes along and I can't tell if he's trolling us or he's actually that ignorant, forgive me for not exactly welcoming him with open arms. And then he comes here after having been on this forum for all of a week and wants to run his own fantasy bid competition (which has been referred to as "my competition" in other thread) just so he can wax poetic about Baton freakin Rouge? I don't participate in these sorts of things because it's not my cup of tea, but I like what they add to the site that they go on. That said, if I did participate in them, I'm not sure how happy I'd be that a newbie is coming in and wants to run the show without even asking the crowd here first. Again, maybe it's not my place to comment, but that just seems disrespectful.

You've been on this site for less than a week and already you've self-appointed yourself president of the GB IOC? Show some respect to the folks that are regulars here and have done this stuff before rather than for you to come in here guns-ablazing so you can create a platform to promote a city of yours. I do find it amusing that you chose 800,000 as the population minimum.. I hope you mean METRO population on that one since Baton Rouge falls well below the cut-off if you're just talking about city population.

Seriously though, I don't want to come off sounding like a jerk here and spoil your fun, but maybe you should leave a contest like this to someone who has done this sort of thing before and when other people might actually be interested in it rather than you trying to set the terms as a complete newbie to this site

I pick Tulsa! :P They have a metro of 950,000 odd. :D

Like I said, come back September when the real deal is happening. You offer months to complete something that ends up for most peeps as a 10 page or so document.

Oh and I agree with everyone else here, touting yourself as the self appointed leader of GB is not going to cut it! :D

Maybe there should be a contest and vote for the President of GBIOC?

The GBIOC thing was just for this contest. It was meant to show that I was the challenge head. September 7th will be the day I will launch it;I'm assuming a lot of people will be on for the votes.

I pick Tulsa! :P They have a metro of 950,000 odd. :D

Like I said, come back September when the real deal is happening. You offer months to complete something that ends up for most peeps as a 10 page or so document.

Oh and I agree with everyone else here, touting yourself as the self appointed leader of GB is not going to cut it! :D

LOL good one. September 7th will be the premier date for it and there will be no GBIOC

unless you all want it...If that's going to happen I say Sir. Rols as president given his history with GB contests.

Sir. Rols as president given his history with GB contests.

Nuh. I'm quite happy enough just to keep the logo comp going (and even then would step aside if Puppy wants to claim it back - that said, I've already picked which two cities I'd go with this year).

Nuh. I'm quite happy enough just to keep the logo comp going (and even then would step aside if Puppy wants to claim it back - that said, I've already picked which two cities I'd go with this year).

Oh! I can not wait to see what you've got lined up this winter! Can't wait to join that comp...can you say what cities?

Archived