Ashes 2013...Cricket, England v Australia..the real reason for Test Cricket!

The kiwis should play the Aussies in a series. Would be an interesting competition to see who wins that one. We might have a chance for a change

<_< PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT!...Don't kid yourself Micheal... ;)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't laugh, I'd back NZ over the current Aussie team in a 3 match series. Does anyone know when the next Chapple(sp?)/Hadlee is?

Well the Kiwis put up abetter fight agains the Poms than the Aussies are. I am not sure when the next Chappel/Hadlee is? Maybe next summer

OK, there IS something VERY suspicious going on here, that's the worst decision in years & wasn't even overturned. It's becoming clearer & clearer that some people in very high places have something to gain from England winning this series, there's no other explanation for this happening so often.

Round wheels...

How could they, the French, not get that!!! :lol:

That's the beauty of British humour, as a Kiwi, I get it... ^_^

Anyhoo, Australia has settled in nicely on day one as, worryingly, that never give up 'we are going to win' attitude has returned to the side.

There's no doubt that Australia have improved significantly in this match. Frankly, I don't think they could have got any worse and the runs most of their batsmen got in the tour game against Sussex last week will undoubtedly have boosted morale. But, with the weather forecast as it is, the only way Australia were realistically going to win the game was by bowling England out quickly this morning and enforcing the follow-on. By failing to do that, I think their last hope has gone.

A few jitters form England on the final day, but ultimately the weather came to the party and saved the day. A better performance form the Aussies though. The next test could be interesting if e weather is fine. Although the Ashes is lost the Aussies need to keep building

Yeah, Aussie finally got that ' never say die' attitude back in this test. I was hoping for a victory, either way. Such a critical match ending in a draw kind of sucks for everybody. Still leans in England's favour this series...and Aussie can still mop the floor with NZ anyday.

It feels better knowing that England has retained the Ashes with an actual 3rd match victory...and to snatch it from the jaws of defeat as well.

Looking forward to the wrap up test at Lords...England going for a clean sweep.

• 2 weeks later...

Considering the controversial umpiring in this series...Trust them to have the final say and ruin England's chance for a victory in the final test...

Still a BIG CONGRATULATIONS to England cleaning up this Ashes Series...a good morning for me with Team NZ winning the LV Cup as well...Oh and the All Blacks beating Australia in Wellington on Saturday night too.

Thats all fine. But there is NO place for fireworks at a Test match. One day, T20, fine, go ahead. But a Test match isn't the place. Just have confetti.

Just proves how dark it got by that time.

Still, you need to truly understand the Ashes to get why the over the top celebrations.

Archived