IOC Evaluation

So, according to El Mundo newspaper in Spain, these are the "grades" for each candidate city:

Madrid - 8.09

Tokyo - 8.02

Istanbul - It says "six points below Madrid". I guess they mean 7.49, but Im not sure.

The thing is that I have reviewed (quite fast, to be honest) the report and I can´t find these grades. Maybe they were given during a press conference, but the report itself doesnt say anything about grades.

Maybe you can provide more info about this?

I think the result is good for Madrid, but also bad... the "best" bid in type of classifications is not usually elected (at least not in the last few times).

I can't find the grading either. I will say there's a very slight, tiny margin for Madrid, but anyway it is not really important: the IOC will vote as como les salga de los huevos, as my friends in Madrid will say & as they do it normally, regardless the report.

So, according to El Mundo newspaper in Spain, these are the "grades" for each candidate city:

Madrid - 8.09

Tokyo - 8.02

Istanbul - It says "six points below Madrid". I guess they mean 7.49, but Im not sure.

The thing is that I have reviewed (quite fast, to be honest) the report and I can´t find these grades. Maybe they were given during a press conference, but the report itself doesnt say anything about grades.

Maybe you can provide more info about this?

I think the result is good for Madrid, but also bad... the "best" bid in type of classifications is not usually elected (at least not in the last few times).

I think these are the grades from the first cut, when Istanbul, Tokyo and Madrid were chosen as candidates. There are no grades in this last report.

How did they got those grades is beyond me. I think i agree with Athan about those being the ones when they were chosen as candidate cities. For me it was almost a fact that Tokyo would win (by a small margin) the technical report. Of course, we've learned on recent years that these reports are most of the time irrelevant for the final choice in the actual IOC Session.

Ok, I found out that these "grades" were given by "independent experts". I doubt anybody is independent these days but I think that the newspaper was trying to put a number on each report. Obviously, Madrid is going to say their technical bid was the best, and the rest of the cities too.

Anyway I think the report was good, because no major problems were found and in fact, it is better than previous reports.

Archived