2022: A troubling scenario

stryker

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really Queen Victoria was very much like Hitler mass killings of people in India, South Africa, Ireland and Australia they done nothing to build the Western World Israel, Italy, Greece and the USA are the 4 countries which made the Western World all the UK done greatly is to kill and destroy anyone who got in there way. Margaret Thatcher helped to save the UK but things are clearly declining there and the only big things to come out of the UK lately is Harry Potter and Doctor Who.

Who the hell do You think You are. It is so disrespectful to say the Queen is like Hitler. The Queen is our Queen. Do not under any circumstances bad mouth our Queen. Show some damn respect. Western World Contributors = UK (Mainly England) and United States of America. The UK has done so much for the World. Don't disrespect us.

Who the hell do You think You are. It is so disrespectful to say the Queen is like Hitler. The Queen is our Queen. Do not under any circumstances bad mouth our Queen. Show some damn respect. Western World Contributors = UK (Mainly England) and United States of America. The UK has done so much for the World. Don't disrespect us.

I too can make Comments about the Royal Family as the Queen is the head of state in Australia we are an Commonwealth and yes Queen Victoria was very much like Hitler, Germans today say nasty stuff about Hitler, Tony you are an Communist to say we can't criticizes our leaders and Queen Victoria actions were very much like Hitler actions.

I too can make Comments about the Royal Family as the Queen is the head of state in Australia we are an Commonwealth and yes Queen Victoria was very much like Hitler, Germans today say nasty stuff about Hitler, Tony you are an Communist to say we can't criticizes our leaders and Queen Victoria actions were very much like Hitler actions.

HOW DARE YOU! Don't even say that.

The Queen was/is nothing like Hitler. NOTHING! I'm not a Communist. I'm far from it. The Queen is nothing like Hitler, end of.

HOW DARE YOU! Don't even say that.

The Queen was/is nothing like Hitler. NOTHING! I'm not a Communist. I'm far from it. The Queen is nothing like Hitler, end of.

You're right. Hitler actually served a purpose and did sh*t

You're right. Hitler actually served a purpose and did sh*t

That's actually quite offensive.

Anyway, I'm going to respond differently to this situation.

GCL claimed that I have something against, Brazil, Qatar, Russia, Indonesia, Peru, Azerbaijan and Kazakhstan. Let me explain Myself.

Brazil - As most of You will know, Me and Danny had an argument a few months ago, involving the 2014 Fifa World Cup and Rio 2016 Preparations. I have said many Times I have nothing against Brazil and was just pointing out the faults in the Preparations. Me and Danny sorted all this out Months ago, so it's wrong to bring up an old argument that has been sorted out.

Qatar - A lot of us have criticised Qatar surrounding Qatar 2022. I have nothing against Qatar, just how they deal with Human Beings and Money.

Russia - A lot of us have criticised Russia surrounding Sochi 2014 and Russia 2018. I have nothing against Russia, just how they deal with Human Beings and Money.

Indonesia - I have nothing against Indonesia, I just don't see Indonesia Hosting an Olympic Games anytime soon.

Peru - I have nothing against Peru, I just don't see Peru Hosting an Olympic Games anytime soon.

Azerbaijan - I actually believe Baku will Host a Summer Olympics and Paralympics one day, so that claim that I'm against Azerbaijan is also false.

Kazakhstan - I have nothing against Kazakhstan, I just don't see Kazakhstan Hosting an Olympic Games anytime soon.

To the issues of accusing Me of being against America and Canada.

I have nothing against these Countries either, My response to People saying stuff about England was very immature and a cheap comeback. I am Sorry for any offence caused, this wasn't My intention. Ofan, we have spoke via PM since that incident, I thought that was all forgotten. Anyway, I apologise again.

I see I need and I will start taking responsibility for My actions. I was wrong, I am sorry and there are no excuses. I hope we can take this thread back on topic and everyone can see I am trying and I am taking responsibility. Thank You.

Kazakhstan won't host an Olympics anytime soon? With less and less interested in the Winter Games, if they don't get 2022, then 2026 is a HUGE possibility.

They would literally have to be the only bidder for 2026 for that "HUGE" possibility. Cuz the IOC ain't going to Asia for a third consecutive Winter Games if they have other credible options elsewhere. They'd be more than ready to high-tail it back to Europe or North America after 2022.

Kazakhstan won't host an Olympics anytime soon? With less and less interested in the Winter Games, if they don't get 2022, then 2026 is a HUGE possibility.

What FYI said. If Oslo was still in the running, would Almaty still seriously be in the discussion? I doubt it. The only reason Asia is getting 2022 is because no other continent is offering a candidate. So the same would have to be true for 2026 to be any sort of possibility for Kazakhstan. Yes, we all know that a large number of European nations balked at bidding for this Olympics, but all it takes is 1 decent European or North American candidate and Kazakhstan might as well not bother trying for 2026.

They would literally have to be the only bidder for 2026 for that "HUGE" possibility. Cuz the IOC ain't going to Asia for a third consecutive Winter Games if they have other credible options elsewhere. They'd be more than ready to high-tail it back to Europe or North America after 2022.

Where? Reno? :P

What FYI said. If Oslo was still in the running, would Almaty still seriously be in the discussion? I doubt it. The only reason Asia is getting 2022 is because no other continent is offering a candidate. So the same would have to be true for 2026 to be any sort of possibility for Kazakhstan. Yes, we all know that a large number of European nations balked at bidding for this Olympics, but all it takes is 1 decent European or North American candidate and Kazakhstan might as well not bother trying for 2026.

I think Almaty is doing this bid race half assed because of all the bidders bailing out. If this bid race had the likes of Munich and Switzerland still in it, then perhaps they would have taken the race more seriously.

Where? Reno? :P

How about Calgary, Denver or even Salt Lake. Even in this dismal of a 2022 race, the IOC would've been oogling over them like they were with Oslo before they dropped out. :-P

I think Almaty is doing this bid race half assed because of all the bidders bailing out. If this bid race had the likes of Munich and Switzerland still in it, then perhaps they would have taken the race more seriously.

Huh? This doesn't even make sense. Since Munich didn't say they weren't bidding until just a few days before the 2022 deadline. So Almaty should've been ready to go right from the start regardless.

And besides, you still had the strong likes of Oslo, Stockholm & perhaps maybe Krakow that did submit a bid. And before you start going on about Stockholm's distance to Are, I bet that right now, after no more Oslo, the IOC would be thanking their lucky stars that they still have a nice, clean-air, non-authoritarian bid like theirs.

So if Almaty is doing this "half-assed" bcuz they thought everyone was going to drop out (which sounds ridiculous anyway, as just mentioned), then they have no business bidding in the first place. :-P

I reckon that Almaty believed they can Host, even at the start of the Bidding Race. I think Almaty aren't looking at reality. Even if Munich and a Bid from Switzerland and if Stockholm, Oslo and Krakow were still in the Bidding, I reckon Almaty would have still thought they could Host, whereas the reality is, they can't. Even now with Beijing VS Almaty, Almaty still cannot Host.

How exactly is Almaty doing this half assed? And why would they take it more seriously if there was stronger competition out there. Right now they have 1 other bidder that they're going up against and it's anything but what the IOC is looking for. What you're saying makes no sense. Bet you can't wait to see that bid book though!

I reckon that Almaty believed they can Host, even at the start of the Bidding Race. I think Almaty aren't looking at reality. Even if Munich and a Bid from Switzerland and if Stockholm, Oslo and Krakow were still in the Bidding, I reckon Almaty would have still thought they could Host, whereas the reality is, they can't. Even now with Beijing VS Almaty, Almaty still cannot Host.

There's 2 things at play though with these bids.. When you say you don't think Almaty can host, do you mean that as Almaty is incapable of hosting the Winter Olympics or simply that the IOC wouldn't choose them as host? Of course the Almaty organizers believed they can host or else they wouldn't have entered the race in the first place. It's easy for us to sit here and say Almaty has no shot. They probably don't, but again, it's important to draw a distinction between "aren't physically/technically capable of hosting" and "won't win a vote by the IOC."

How exactly is Almaty doing this half assed? And why would they take it more seriously if there was stronger competition out there. Right now they have 1 other bidder that they're going up against and it's anything but what the IOC is looking for. What you're saying makes no sense. Bet you can't wait to see that bid book though!

There's 2 things at play though with these bids.. When you say you don't think Almaty can host, do you mean that as Almaty is incapable of hosting the Winter Olympics or simply that the IOC wouldn't choose them as host? Of course the Almaty organizers believed they can host or else they wouldn't have entered the race in the first place. It's easy for us to sit here and say Almaty has no shot. They probably don't, but again, it's important to draw a distinction between "aren't physically/technically capable of hosting" and "won't win a vote by the IOC."

IMO, they're (Almaty) is doing it half assed (so far), based on their High School quality bid book, something that 10th graders might have come up with. Poor layout, colour scheme, formatting, use of images etc comes to mind. We'll see if this follows through to their Candidate books. If there was stronger competition out there, like if Munich and Switzerland was still in the bid race, then they (Almaty) might have taken a more professional approach, knowing that it's up against the big shots. I couldn't care less about Almaty's Candidate books, they'll probably have the same scheme as their Applicant book, which I stated looks like it came from a local High School project.

IMO, they're (Almaty) is doing it half assed (so far), based on their High School quality bid book, something that 10th graders might have come up with. Poor layout, colour scheme, formatting, use of images etc comes to mind. We'll see if this follows through to their Candidate books. If there was stronger competition out there, like if Munich and Switzerland was still in the bid race, then they (Almaty) might have taken a more professional approach, knowing that it's up against the big shots. I couldn't care less about Almaty's Candidate books, they'll probably have the same scheme as their Applicant book, which I stated looks like it came from a local High School project.

Maybe they should put their broadcast centre in a high school then. :D

Well, it could be either. I say this because, IMO, there will always be at least 1 Bidder that's better then Almaty's Bid.

I don't think Almaty is capable of Hosting the Olympics. If Beijing 2008 and Sochi 2014 was controversial, then it will be even worse with an Olympics in Almaty. Although at least with Beijing we know they can deliver, despite their problems.

Well, it could be either. I say this because, IMO, there will always be at least 1 Bidder that's better then Almaty's Bid.

I don't think Almaty is capable of Hosting the Olympics. If Beijing 2008 and Sochi 2014 was controversial, then it will be even worse with an Olympics in Almaty. Although at least with Beijing we know they can deliver, despite their problems.

Again, I think they're capable, but there's no way of knowing since they would never get selected. Put Kazakhstan in the category of countries like Azerbaijan (among others.. I'd like to include Qatar in there, but FIFA thinks otherwise) as countries that think they could host an Olympics, but would never get picked over a stronger, more solid candidate.

As for Beijing, we know that they can deliver, but that's based on spending billions upon billions of dollars to get it done. And a Winter Olympics is a lot different in its requirements. It goes without saying that if 1 or more of the European cities was still in the running, we wouldn't be having this discussion right now. So not that the IOC has a much better option out there, but they have to resign themselves to the fact that Beijing has no business hosting a Winter Olympics, but they're going to do what they did last time and throw a ton of money out there and it is what it is because the IOC has no choice.

Again, I think they're capable, but there's no way of knowing since they would never get selected. Put Kazakhstan in the category of countries like Azerbaijan (among others.. I'd like to include Qatar in there, but FIFA thinks otherwise) as countries that think they could host an Olympics, but would never get picked over a stronger, more solid candidate.

As for Beijing, we know that they can deliver, but that's based on spending billions upon billions of dollars to get it done. And a Winter Olympics is a lot different in its requirements. It goes without saying that if 1 or more of the European cities was still in the running, we wouldn't be having this discussion right now. So not that the IOC has a much better option out there, but they have to resign themselves to the fact that Beijing has no business hosting a Winter Olympics, but they're going to do what they did last time and throw a ton of money out there and it is what it is because the IOC has no choice.

I agree. Although, I would definitley add Qatar into that list, we shouldn't really trust Fifa's judgement. Beijing, they seem ok with spending Billions of Pounds.

As for Baku, I agree, Baku are capable of Hosting, but they couldn't beat a Rome, Berlin, Paris, Durban or Los Angeles Bid.

Maybe they should put their broadcast centre in a high school then. :D

If you are referring to Lake Placid, I only proposed that Lake Placid High School be used as the Main Press Center, provided that it were expanded to 20,000sqm of overall space minimum. The same site was used as MPC for the 1980 Olympics. It has the ideal individual room setup for major newspaper companies and other forms of press. A new temporary International Broadcast Center will be built to accommodate TV media.

Yes, you can go on about how MPC needs have expanded since 1980, but the overall needs of the press really haven't changed much. If anything, the technological advances since then would make their work much more easier. All you really need is that individual room setup for individual press agencies, with good internet access, as well as specialty rooms for photocopying, digital prints and so forth.

If you are referring to Lake Placid, I only proposed that Lake Placid High School be used as the Main Press Center, provided that it were expanded to 20,000sqm of overall space minimum. The same site was used as MPC for the 1980 Olympics. It has the ideal individual room setup for major newspaper companies and other forms of press. A new temporary International Broadcast Center will be built to accommodate TV media.

Yes, you can go on about how MPC needs have expanded since 1980, but the overall needs of the press really haven't changed much. If anything, the technological advances since then would make their work much more easier. All you really need is that individual room setup for individual press agencies, with good internet access, as well as specialty rooms for photocopying, digital prints and so forth.

LD, I guess I need to point this out, but ofan was poking fun at you. So the response to that shouldn't really be to further his point that he made fun of you on in the first place.

Let me ask you a question.. have you been to the press center at an Olympics before? I have, so I can claim just a tiny bit of expertise on this one. A high school is anything but ideal. These are professional members of the press coming from around the world to cover an event. You're not exactly treating them that well when you tell them they're supposed to work in a high school. I know part of the crux of this thread is talking about how the IOC has backed themselves into a corner by not working with the prospective host cities in order to make hosting the Olympics a more manageable endeavor. But as Nacre noted elsewhere, the solution to that probably isn't to skimp on the media work facilities when those are the people responsible for reporting on the Olympics to the rest of the world. How did that look for Sochi when some of the accommodations (and not all of them were that bad) were sub-par. Hard to expect people to come to this wonderful new Winter resort in Sochi if that's what they're hearing.

Yea, the needs of the media have expanded just a bit since 1980. Good internet access, you say? Yea, good luck with that in a village of 3,000 people when you're trying to create workspace for a much larger population. Photocopying and digital prints? My goodness LD, do you even know how media works in the 21st cenutry? Yeesh!!

• 2 weeks later...

IMO, they're (Almaty) is doing it half assed (so far), based on their High School quality bid book, something that 10th graders might have come up with. If there was stronger competition out there, like if Munich and Switzerland was still in the bid race, then they (Almaty) might have taken a more professional approach, knowing that it's up against the big shots.

Does repeating this make you think it becomes more sensible? Let's just chalk this one up to the other winning theories of yours, like the IOC would "punish" Rome when/if they bid again for bailing on them for 2020, or an outdated H.S. in the middle of the Adirondack's would be a selling point to the IOC if given a choice.

Archived