2022: A troubling scenario

stryker

Well, Turkey only just missed out on Hosting UEFA Euro 2016. Turkey are also Building lots of Brand New Stadiums. I think Turkey will Host UEFA Euro 2024, although I would prefer Holland 2024 - England 2028.

Turkey can Bid all they want for the Summer Olympics and Paralympics, but they won't Host.

Well, I'm having this weird little idea that a few dealings just across the Turkish border will not have settled by the time UEFA makes a choice and this might have a tiny little influence on the decision. If Turkey is actually bidding in the first place.

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, this situation could result of the USA hosting both 2024 Summer and 2026 Winter, like the way that the 1980 Winter and 1984 Summer bids were made. Besides, it is American greenbacks that the IOC wants badly, to save their skins. In other words, like 1980 Winter and 1984 Summer, the IOC needs a "bailout" again from American taxpayers. I think the majority of Americans are not going to like that at all.

Well, this situation could result of the USA hosting both 2024 Summer and 2026 Winter, like the way that the 1980 Winter and 1984 Summer bids were made. Besides, it is American greenbacks that the IOC wants badly, to save their skins. In other words, like 1980 Winter and 1984 Summer, the IOC needs a "bailout" again from American taxpayers. I think the majority of Americans are not going to like that at all.

If Beijing China host 2022 Winter Games then it will be another Sochi Russia which will mean make Europe not likely to bid for the 2030 Winter Games and will also the IOC will be pushing Calgary Canada to bid for the 2030 they know they can put on an Conservative Games and looks like we will be seeing an back to back winter games in North America too.

If Beijing China host 2022 Winter Games then it will be another Sochi Russia which will mean make Europe not likely to bid for the 2030 Winter Games and will also the IOC will be pushing Calgary Canada to bid for the 2030 they know they can put on an Conservative Games and looks like we will be seeing an back to back winter games in North America too.

I am not against the Chinese people, but they are going to get the same treatment from Beijing 2008, if it wins 2022. In other words, rob the poor and vulnerable to feed the corrupt CCP rich and officials. 2008 was a vanity project just for a select few of CCP cronies. Like I said before, I would not be surprised that some Chinese that were volunteers for Beijing 2008 was either in "house arrest", silenced, or even worse. Never mind that a few venues for Beijing 2008 is now abandoned and left to rot. And, to top everything about Beijing 2008, to have the world see that "Hitler salute" by brainwashed children during the Chinese national anthem sequence reminds me too much of Berlin 1936.

Since I am currently living in Calgary, I would love to have the city host the Winter Olympics again. Like the decision to give the 2020 Summer Olympics to Tokyo, Calgary for 2026 could potentially be a stable choice for the IOC and to counteract any possible negative outlooks from 2022. However, the one issue I have about a possible Calgary bid will be the Olympic village for the athletes. Otherwise, with a few upgrades on some venues, the idea would work. Well, I wouldn't be surprised, if Salt Lake City would try to come up with a bid, too.

I am not against the Chinese people, but they are going to get the same treatment from Beijing 2008, if it wins 2022. In other words, rob the poor and vulnerable to feed the corrupt CCP rich and officials. 2008 was a vanity project just for a select few of CCP cronies. Like I said before, I would not be surprised that some Chinese that were volunteers for Beijing 2008 was either in "house arrest", silenced, or even worse. Never mind that a few venues for Beijing 2008 is now abandoned and left to rot. And, to top everything about Beijing 2008, to have the world see that "Hitler salute" by brainwashed children during the Chinese national anthem sequence reminds me too much of Berlin 1936.

What a staggering display of ignorance you show.

Your comments about China are kinda obvious, but you've put it in a really bizarre context. Yes - China has one party, the CCP, and they are no less than authoritarian. Not excusing their human rights record - but what other political structure do you suggest for a country with 1.3 billion people, a vast variety of ethnicities and religions and regions.Lets not mention that they managed to lift the entire country out of severe poverty in the space of only decades.

Yes, some venues from Beijing have fallen by the wayside, but the bulk haven't. Money is less an issue that it is for the likes of Sydney, London or most importantly, Athens.

Also not too sure what you're implying about the volunteers? It seems like you're suggesting that the volunteers are state criminals? Can you clarify?

Re: "the Hitler solute". Its called the Roman salute, and it is not exclusive to the Nazis - in fact it was common throughout Europe before the War. The Chinese, among other countries, have always used it as a flag salute. Its not their job to sanitised their culture and their traditions just for the ignorant sensibilities of people like you watching at home.

Also assuming those children were "brainwashed" is a stupid observation. Stop looking at the world so paternalistically through your maple leaf glasses and you might and have easier time with the fact that the world is a big place with different values.

Well, I'm having this weird little idea that a few dealings just across the Turkish border will not have settled by the time UEFA makes a choice and this might have a tiny little influence on the decision. If Turkey is actually bidding in the first place.

Turkey only just missed out on Hosting UEFA Euro 2016, I don't want Turkey to Host, but I think UEFA would choose Turkey should they Bid for UEFA Euro 2024.

There is no way America will Host back to back Olympics with 2024 Summer Olympics and Paralympics and 2026 Winter Olympics and Paralympics.

Almaty looks more like Sochi 2.0.

What a staggering display of ignorance you show.

Your comments about China are kinda obvious, but you've put it in a really bizarre context. Yes - China has one party, the CCP, and they are no less than authoritarian. Not excusing their human rights record - but what other political structure do you suggest for a country with 1.3 billion people, a vast variety of ethnicities and religions and regions.Lets not mention that they managed to lift the entire country out of severe poverty in the space of only decades.

Yes, some venues from Beijing have fallen by the wayside, but the bulk haven't. Money is less an issue that it is for the likes of Sydney, London or most importantly, Athens.

Also not too sure what you're implying about the volunteers? It seems like you're suggesting that the volunteers are state criminals? Can you clarify?

Re: "the Hitler solute". Its called the Roman salute, and it is not exclusive to the Nazis - in fact it was common throughout Europe before the War. The Chinese, among other countries, have always used it as a flag salute. Its not their job to sanitised their culture and their traditions just for the ignorant sensibilities of people like you watching at home.

Also assuming those children were "brainwashed" is a stupid observation. Stop looking at the world so paternalistically through your maple leaf glasses and you might and have easier time with the fact that the world is a big place with different values.

London doesn't have issue with Money.

Also, a bad Human Rights record didn't stop the IOC choosing Beijing for the 2008 Summer Olympics and Paralympics.

Turkey only just missed out on Hosting UEFA Euro 2016, I don't want Turkey to Host, but I think UEFA would choose Turkey should they Bid for UEFA Euro 2024.

There is no way America will Host back to back Olympics with 2024 Summer Olympics and Paralympics and 2026 Winter Olympics and Paralympics.

Also, a bad Human Rights record didn't stop the IOC choosing Beijing for the 2008 Summer Olympics and Paralympics.

Turkey is now like Iran and close to be like Iran now Turkey is supporting the Islamic State now and they can give up there dreams of hosting EURO, World Expo and OPG until an Secular liberal government comes along, With the way things are going on it's very very likely that the USA will host back to back games California and Nevada are making great come backs now economic wise which will go well for an Los Angeles USA 2024 SOPG and Reno - Lake Tahoe USA 2026 WOPG.

Beijing China would be another Sochi 2014 you do realise that Zhangijkou is an 3rd world admin division area called Hebei medium rank by the Human Development Index would require work in the $10s of billions to make it world class Olympics and Paralympics Games ready place it will be an low cost games in Beijing city which will only need to build the village and speed skating arena.

Beijing China would be another Sochi 2014 you do realise that Zhangijkou is an 3rd world admin division area called Hebei medium rank by the Human Development Index would require work in the $10s of billions to make it world class Olympics and Paralympics Games ready place it will be an low cost games in Beijing city which will only need to build the village and speed skating arena.

So when you guys said you should stop arguing for the sake of the forums..

This is the same argument you guys have been having for weeks now. Especially that GCL has seen the light and no longer believes that Almaty will win, why is this even a discussion anymore? It boggles my mind that you are stil going at each other over this. Forget for the rest of us.. for your own sanity, just give this one a rest and agree to disagree and stop wasting each other's time.

India has nearly as many people and is a democracy. I don't think China is doomed to authoritarianism because of its large population. If it's doomed to oppress its people then it's because China has been ruled by warlords, emperors and party bosses since nearly 2,000 BC, and has little experience with popular rule.

But of course Kazakhstan is worse, and the IOC doesn't care about China's human rights record anyway. Things have even improved slightly since 2008.

India has nearly as many people and is a democracy. I don't think China is doomed to authoritarianism because of its large population. If it's doomed to oppress its people then it's because China has been ruled by warlords, emperors and party bosses since nearly 2,000 BC, and has little experience with popular rule.

But of course Kazakhstan is worse, and the IOC doesn't care about China's human rights record anyway. Things have even improved slightly since 2008.

You cannot compare China and India in such a way. India has a democracy (and I use that term loosely) because it had a very strong relationship with the British Empire - who had near full control of the subcontinent. This was not the same for China - everyone wanted a piece and they were continually f*cked over. India struggles to maintain stability in Arunachal Pradesh and Kashmir. China is just holding itself together with 22 provinces, 5 autonomous regions, and of course the SARs of HK and Macao. China is barely holding grip on many of these areas as it is --- so I fail to envision a 'democratic' system that could effectively balance this. I'm not excusing human rights violations (this exist in India too), but China would simply collapse if there were a shift to democratisation like 1989 in Europe. It would be a Yugoslavia on a frightening scale.

I also need to stress that culturally, 'democracy' doesn't always resonate with the Chinese - its often an ignorant assumption of westerners that every country wants our form of democracy, it simply not the case. India strives because it inherited a system from Britain.

!READ IN CONTEXT!

Compared to the budgets Russia, UAE, and China are able to put forward for an Olympics - London DOES have an issue with money. Expenditure is accountable to the public.

Well, duh. That was my point. its very difficult to remain civil toward you when you act like such a jerk.

!READ IN CONTEXT!

Compared to the budgets Russia, UAE, and China are able to put forward for an Olympics - London DOES have an issue with money. Expenditure is accountable to the public.

Well, duh. That was my point. its very difficult to remain civil toward you when you act like such a jerk.

I was just saying, London doesn't have an issue with Money. I should know, I am From and Live in London, England.

The 2022 Winter Olympics and Paralympics are only a 'troubling scenario' if we are left with only Almaty. Despite Beijing's faults, Beijing is a reliable Host. Let's look at some Facts:

Both China and Kazakhstan are dictatorships. Beijing 0-0 Almaty.

China has a Stronger and Bigger Economy then Kazakhstan. Beijing 1-0 Almaty.

China has Hosting Experience. Beijing 2-0 Almaty.

Beijing Hosted the much Bigger Summer Olympics and Paralympics by themselves, Almaty had to CO-Host the much smaller Asian Winter Games with Astana. Beijing 3-0 Almaty.

The IOC has said before they don't want to go to Almaty. Most People here don't want to go to Almaty. Even some of the Almaty Public don't want it. Beijing 4-0 Almaty.

Almaty ranked lowest score in the Evaluation. Beijing 5-0 Almaty.

Almaty would be a Sochi 2.0, not just because of it's Location, but because it would be an expensive Olympics. At least China is honest about having an expensive Olympics. Beijing 6-0 Almaty.

China and Kazakhstan both have pollution issues. Beijing 6-0 Almaty.

So Almaty Supporters, Almaty will not be Hosting, unless Beijing withdraws, which they won't.

Full Time. Final Score is Beijing 6-0 Almaty.

Beijing is the Host for the 2022 Winter Olympics and Paralympics. Before Almaty supporters say there side of it, the IOC has said they don't want Almaty to Host.

Sorry for bringing this up again but some of this neds to be disputed.

China's economy while larger (quite obviously based on population/industry) is slowing rapidly while Kazakhstans is progressing further.

Kazakhstan has just recently hosted a multisport winter event - the Asian Winter Games. China has hosted a Summer games and a few individual world championships. Thus Kazakhstan actually trumps China on this one.

There was not a huge difference between Beijing and Almaty in the applicant report. Neither were given a glowing report. Furthermore Almaty barely missed the 2018 cut off.

Almaty has up to date winter facilities in place.

You suck.

The only reason why I think Beijing China will win is because of social reasons in the Islamic world and if things don;t cool down then Beijing China would win the 2022 hosting rights. Almaty Kazakhstan is way ahead of Beijing in winter sports, Kazakhstan people are two times richer then the people in China by GDP and Kazakhstan owes less debt %GDP then China. Kazakhstan is in a very good economic state right now one of the best in the world and has one of the fastest growing economies too.

You don't do the taxes?

His dad does the taxes for him anyone with even basic understanding in economics understand London do has money problems the United Kingdom is an country on the decline Germany is the superpower of Europe by far Germany is the economic powerhouse of Europe and Russia is the live blood of Europe the only things big coming out of the UK now is Harry Potter.

His dad does the taxes for him anyone with even basic understanding in economics understand London do has money problems the United Kingdom is an country on the decline Germany is the superpower of Europe by far Germany is the economic powerhouse of Europe and Russia is the live blood of Europe the only things big coming out of the UK now is Harry Potter.

Dyslexia is the last of your problems mate. When you add something of worth to this forum and pull from your arse whatever it is you have stuck up there let us know.

There's a saying, don't know if you've heard of it in Australia.. People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. When Tony sees this, he's going to be upset that you're "having a go" at him. Which is funny considering how you 2 like to bond together as if it's the 2 of you against the rest of us. Yet you continue to needlessly argue with each other, take shots at each other, and somehow forget that you're as mean to each other as the rest of us. Let's remind you of what you posted the other day..

Do to others what you want them to do to you. This is the meaning of the law of Moses and the teaching of the prophets.

Luke 6:31

Do to others what you would want them to do to you.

That comment about Tony was pretty mean and there was no point in making it other than to be mean. So now I wouldn't blame Tony if he was mean to you in response. Rob is right on this one.. this has nothing to do with learning difficulties. This is just being an ass for the sake of being an ass.

You have no knowledge on Economics. You don't live in London, so You don't know the situation.

The UK is on the rise, not decline. Fact.

Hmm.

Hmm, whats Perth got to offer. A proposed brand new Stadium and an Olympic Dream that won't come true.

So, don't insult Me, after the amount of Times I've supported You with Your dyslexia. You know nothing about Economics.

You have no knowledge on Economics. You don't live in London, so You don't know the situation.

The UK is on the rise, not decline. Fact.

Hmm.

Hmm, whats Perth got to offer. A proposed brand new Stadium and an Olympic Dream that won't come true.

So, don't insult Me, after the amount of Times I've supported You with Your dyslexia. You know nothing about Economics.

I'm sorry about insulting you Tony.

But it's true the UK influence in the world is declining, Perth is the city on the rise now the 2nd fastest growing city in the free world right now our population will be doubled in 26 years time from 2 million to 4 million and 5.5 million people by 2060 we will over take Brisbane as Australia number 3 city in 10 years time and is in the top 14 in the short list the new 7 wonders cities in the world,

Archived