Perth Australia Olympics Games

It is an fact and the government of Australia has now give the Green light on the railway line to Perth Airport which will be done by 2020 and the new 60 - 80,000 Stadium at Burswood will be finish by 2018 which will be in an oval shape so Athletes can take place.

troll.jpg

• Like 1

Perth will become like that now with Public Transport getting to the International Airport now the Bus Service will be going to the PIA and the Train will be going to the Airport by 2020 as well. Perth is now starting to make an bid for the IAAF World Championships for 2021 as well an multi sporting event too.

Baton Rouge is getting light rail to their airport too and they are hosting a competition only wealthy people really care about this summer. Move over LA, Baton Rouge is America's next bid!

Wouldn't that imply that we took him seriously before?

We took him seriously because only a human could say such stupid things.

aaa.jpg

A mixture of both.

How has this guy not been banned yet.

He has not been a jerk to Tony...yet.

It is an fact and the government of Australia has now give the Green light on the railway line to Perth Airport which will be done by 2020 and the new 60 - 80,000 Stadium at Burswood will be finish by 2018 which will be in an oval shape so Athletes can take place.

Baton Rouge will have a 105,000 seat stadium this fall and high speed rail to New Orleans...man a BR Olympics are just bound to happen by your logic!

troll.jpg

NOPE

How has this guy not been banned yet.

He's not really all that offensive, and unlike TELA, doesn't invade other topics with disruptive comments.

All he's doing is pushing his home town as a future Olympic host. I got family there, working in the mines, and no s#it, the money that comes out of that place is amazing! Still, there is a slowdown on the horizon so hopes and dreams of Australia's Edmonton may take some time to realize yet?

@Gold Coast Lions Perth cannot currently host (within, let's say, 50 years?). Period.

Unless all the plans you've provided gets built to expectation, reach expectation, and has proved itself, I highly doubt a bid will work out.

All the plans and concepts are merely plans and concepts. They will always change and adapt to different needs depending on how the city has changed.

Perth does not have the same international recognition and respect as the likes of Sydney or the sports recognition as Brisbane.

The planned airport may be able to accommodate 70 million passenger, but will it (in the future)? Will it even get build (like the Berlin scenario)? Using that to your point is useless because not everything goes according to data, statistics, and planning.

Although Perth cannot currently host, that does not mean it can't in the future. Like stated before, things will always change, sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse, so stop with the useless information.

I don't care how much exports Perth has, or how Perth is an "Australian superpower". Do those facts help with the bid itself? Will they benefit the Olympic movement?

I realize you're only supporting your home town, but the excursiveness needs to stop. You need to face reality and realize that Perth does not have the infrastructure, recognition, and respect that (i think) defines an Olympic city.

If you really want Perth to host, try to push for a YOG. It's less massive, Perth'll receive some attention/benefits, and it may provide the extra push needed for infrastructure, recognition, and respect.

But that's just how I think of Perth + Olympics, soooooo yeahhhh... :mellow:

*excessiveness not excursiveness

The Federal Government had a policy of not funding any urban passenger rail, so how is this possible?

The Federal Government had a policy of not funding any urban passenger rail, so how is this possible?

Western Australia Govt apparently....a rail link to the airport is normal for any major city that wishes to rate itself " Global". Auckland is doing the same as part of it's long haul commitments for the future, along with a massive new airport terminal and second runway.

Western Australia Govt apparently....a rail link to the airport is normal for any major city that wishes to rate itself " Global". Auckland is doing the same as part of it's long haul commitments for the future, along with a massive new airport terminal and second runway.

Sure- but more to the point that GCL was misleading or misinterpreting the facts- he stated the Feds were funding it, which they are not.

Rail links and airports are great, but the Olympic chances for a city like Perth are slim to nil.

It's literally like Calgary trying to muscle in over Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver as a potential Canadian SOG host. It's ridiculous.

Sure- but more to the point that GCL was misleading or misinterpreting the facts- he stated the Feds were funding it, which they are not.

Rail links and airports are great, but the Olympic chances for a city like Perth are slim to nil.

It's literally like Calgary trying to muscle in over Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver as a potential Canadian SOG host. It's ridiculous.

I wonder what a Vancouver SOG would look like? :huh:

Some people say that Seattle is too small for a Summer Olympic Games. Vancouver is even smaller, especially metro wise.

Metro Seattle is around 3.5 million, isn't it? I'd say that is large enough, given Greater Sydney's population back in 2000 was around the 4 million mark.

Yeah, it's about 3.6 mil. I'm just citing what others have said about Seattle. Although, Vancouver's metro is at 2.4 mil. That's still significantly smaller than Seattle's, 1/3 smaller. I remember Rogge once saying that a city's metro area must "at least" be at the 2.5 mil mark in order to be considered for a Summer Olympic Games.

Yeah, Atlanta's metro was also around what Seattle's is now when they hosted back in 1996. But 1996 & 2000 certainly weren't as demanding Games as they are now. And I couldn't see the Atlanta of 1996 hosting a Summer Olympics today. They barely handled 1996 as it was. One things for sure, the IOC definitely needs to at least cap, & downsize their expectations a bit if they want to expand their options in the future.

Well Thomas Bach also want Australia to host again it was his 1st country he said when he was elected the IOC. Melbourne and the IOC is on bad terms with the Commonwealth Games, Sydney just hosted it so that leaves it an race between Perth and Brisbane as Australia next host city and Perth is really channelling Brisbane now as the 3rd major city in Australia now is currently going on the biggest city development in the Western World now, If you go to Perth now it is construction work everywhere you go now and the city is going through right now the biggest hotel boom in Australia since the Sydney Olympics Games. Perth in 20 years will an major global city.

Does Perth teach punctuation?

• Like 1

Yeah, it's about 3.6 mil. I'm just citing what others have said about Seattle. Although, Vancouver's metro is at 2.4 mil. That's still significantly smaller than Seattle's, 1/3 smaller. I remember Rogge once saying that a city's metro area must "at least" be at the 2.5 mil mark in order to be considered for a Summer Olympic Games.

Yeah, Atlanta's metro was also around what Seattle's is now when they hosted back in 1996. But 1996 & 2000 certainly weren't as demanding Games as they are now. And I couldn't see the Atlanta of 1996 hosting a Summer Olympics today. They barely handled 1996 as it was. One things for sure, the IOC definitely needs to at least cap, & downsize their expectations a bit if they want to expand their options in the future.

The Centennial? Weren't as demanding? Perhaps, but given the prestigious event, all bidding cities were offering more than the norms, to try and prove that they had the capabilities of accommodating the huge numbers expected for the event.

The Centennial? Weren't as demanding? Perhaps, but given the prestigious event, all bidding cities were offering more than the norms, to try and prove that they had the capabilities of accommodating the huge numbers expected for the event.

That would have been nothing more than bid rhetoric. Show me evidence that the 1996 bid cities were somehow offering more than any previous, or later, cohorts?

• 2 months later...