Will a Munich 2022 bid be favourite?

gromit

If Oslo loses it's support in the referendum, I doubt that Munich will have any problems to get these games. After all, if not for Pyeongchang and the unwritten rule of not two consecutive Olympics in the same continent, they would had gotten the 2018 edition easily.

Not saying USA/Canada's infrastructure is great, because there is room for improvement, but the IOC has decided to come here a combined 10 times, and believe me its not because of the bad infrastructure in both countries :rolleyes:

If Oslo loses it's support in the referendum, I doubt that Munich will have any problems to get these games. After all, if not for Pyeongchang and the unwritten rule of not two consecutive Olympics in the same continent, they would had gotten the 2018 edition easily.

Yea, and if my mother had a penis, she'd be my father. Munich will more than likely be the favorite and yes, being a repeat bidder helps. But they weren't exactly that close to PC in the 2018 voting. 63 votes to Munich's 25. So I don't think "easily" describes what could have been for them with 2018.

I have family that have moved from Syria to USA because of the war. My cousin now lives in Houston, Texas. The first thing she said they must doing were to buy a CAR. Because she said they couldn't go anywhere. The infrastructur sucks. Everyone who havevisit USA or Canada say this not only Swedes.

I'm not surprise to hear that you are saying that USA, Canada's and Sweden's infrastructur are the same because you seems to have an agenda against Sweden. You will never give Sweden praise even if we deserves it sometimes. Either you haven't visit the countries as you said you have or you haven't traveled enough to see the difference.

Also I ruin a thread about Munich? How? The question is Will a Munich 2022 be a favorite? If we should answer that question then we need to look at the other possible candidates. Then it should be allowed to talk about other bids.

To you who are saying that Germany haven't host a OG in along time: MUNICH hosted SOG in 1972. Sweden on the other side haven't host a OG since 1912. Then that's not an argument in favour for German.

I was in USA, Canada and Sweden and like gromit said, you need to check your facts before whining. While is true the infrastructure in Stockholm is great, actually you need to recognize places like Montreal, Toronto and Chicago. So, again you only put one pathetic example in Dallas -Again, I believe you, but Dallas isn't exactly an excellent point for your argument-. Apart for that the USA and Canada are 22 times bigger than Sweden to make your argument as a FACT. Yes, I traveled in both countries and yes I recognize differences.

lso I ruin a thread about Munich? How? The question is Will a Munich 2022 be a favorite? If we should answer that question then we need to look at the other possible candidates. Then it should be allowed to talk about other bids.

Again, you only did this: whining with lame excuses. I know, this is your country and you love the idea of an WOG, but again, sometimes you need to put your feet on earth. In my opinion -And the opinion of the majority here-, yes, you are ruining this thread.

To you who are saying that Germany haven't host a OG in along time: MUNICH hosted SOG in 1972. Sweden on the other side haven't host a OG since 1912. Then that's not an argument in favour for German.

Again pillar, Argentina and Hungary was fighting for an Olympic Games four times and Turkey five times, so by your logic these countries deserves more an Olympic Games than Sweden -Especially Hungary because in narrative and Olympic history are stronger than Sweden-. At the end of the day, this is a competition, maybe you think is unfair, but unfortunally for you, this is how this works. Also Quaker make excellent points:

*Germany is more capable to make a WOG. Again, 82 millions in the economical motor of Europe makes a clear difference. Yes, there are particular cases like Norway, but they have success making another strong points in their bids, something than Swedish bids failed to make.

*Again, we talk about an unified Germany. Since 1936, they can't have an Olympic Games.

*The technical aspect of Stockholm/Are: I was in Sweden and I traveled to the region, Pillar, and let me say you, if Sweden is making this plan, is almost 100% a complete failure -And I don't need to see an official book bid-. Why? Again we need to check these points:

a. The distance between Stockholm and Are, again if Rogge said to Norway "No Lillehammer please", did you think he and the IOC will accept 600 km of distance?

b. The financial support: Even with the full support of the government, I can't understand how the SOC will ensured the money in this project. It's not even feasible by public administration.

c. The infrastructure: I recognize Stockholm has an excellent system of public transport, but again, travel 600 km between two points by thousand of athletes, judges and others is a nightmare even with a good infrastructure. Flying is impossible in these geographical conditions, using a car will be unpractical, so the only possible option is build a new railway line, but again, the money is a problem.

d. Population: Even with Stockholm as the principal city, most of the region have a low population. And again, this region is so big by the new WOG standards.

e. Munich bid: And the last part of this, Munich bid 2018. If the GOC came with a very close bid by 2022, they will win. In the race of 2018, they have the best technical bid, but the passion and narrative from South Korea won -Especially with the recent impulse by the Koreans in Vancouver-. Again, with these disadvantages, it's almost impossible for an Stockholm/Are to win.

I was in USA, Canada and Sweden and like gromit said, you need to check your facts before whining. While is true the infrastructure in Stockholm is great, actually you need to recognize places like Montreal, Toronto and Chicago. So, again you only put one pathetic example in Dallas -Again, I believe you, but Dallas isn't exactly an excellent point for your argument-. Apart for that the USA and Canada are 22 times bigger than Sweden to make your argument as a FACT. Yes, I traveled in both countries and yes I recognize differences.

lso I ruin a thread about Munich? How? The question is Will a Munich 2022 be a favorite? If we should answer that question then we need to look at the other possible candidates. Then it should be allowed to talk about other bids.

Again, you only did this: whining with lame excuses. I know, this is your country and you love the idea of an WOG, but again, sometimes you need to put your feet on earth. In my opinion -And the opinion of the majority here-, yes, you are ruining this thread.

Again pillar, Argentina and Hungary was fighting for an Olympic Games four times and Turkey five times, so by your logic these countries deserves more an Olympic Games than Sweden -Especially Hungary because in narrative and Olympic history are stronger than Sweden-. At the end of the day, this is a competition, maybe you think is unfair, but unfortunally for you, this is how this works. Also Quaker make excellent points:

*Germany is more capable to make a WOG. Again, 82 millions in the economical motor of Europe makes a clear difference. Yes, there are particular cases like Norway, but they have success making another strong points in their bids, something than Swedish bids failed to make.

*Again, we talk about an unified Germany. Since 1936, they can't have an Olympic Games.

*The technical aspect of Stockholm/Are: I was in Sweden and I traveled to the region, Pillar, and let me say you, if Sweden is making this plan, is almost 100% a complete failure -And I don't need to see an official book bid-. Why? Again we need to check these points:

a. The distance between Stockholm and Are, again if Rogge said to Norway "No Lillehammer please", did you think he and the IOC will accept 600 km of distance?

b. The financial support: Even with the full support of the government, I can't understand how the SOC will ensured the money in this project. It's not even feasible by public administration.

c. The infrastructure: I recognize Stockholm has an excellent system of public transport, but again, travel 600 km between two points by thousand of athletes, judges and others is a nightmare even with a good infrastructure. Flying is impossible in these geographical conditions, using a car will be unpractical, so the only possible option is build a new railway line, but again, the money is a problem.

d. Population: Even with Stockholm as the principal city, most of the region have a low population. And again, this region is so big by the new WOG standards.

e. Munich bid: And the last part of this, Munich bid 2018. If the GOC came with a very close bid by 2022, they will win. In the race of 2018, they have the best technical bid, but the passion and narrative from South Korea won -Especially with the recent impulse by the Koreans in Vancouver-. Again, with these disadvantages, it's almost impossible for an Stockholm/Are to win.

Dallas??? When I named Dallas??? Maybe you should check the posts before writing?? I wrote HOUSTON! If you shall dismiss my post at least you should know what you bashing. Once I again yes I know Canada and USA are bigger than Sweden. But I'm talking about cities not countries. The swedish infrastructur in out cities are much better than in the North American cities.

Why you bring up that Germany haven't hosted since 1936 then?? Shouldn't Hungary and Turkey get the OG before MUNICH who hosted it 1972?? You say I can't say that Sweden deserves it more since we haven't hosted OG since 1912 and then you still are saying that Germany deserves it more because they haven't hosted since 1936? Where's the logic?? It isn't even true since MUNICH itself hosted a SOG 1972.

So what you are saying that from now only big countries should host olympics?? Stupid!!Smaller ncountries than Sweden as NORWAY have hosted the WOG. Why not Sweden then?? If population is that big factor then Norway with it's 4.5 million shouldn't have hosted WOG 1994.

This is what I dislike with forum. "We are Germany and we are so much bigger, superior than your little loser country Sweden". This is what the kind of attitude this forum have! It's DISGUSTING!!!

Alright let's stop feuling the troll's fire.

You as Canadian should rather want Sweden host WOG than Germany.... but no I'm not surprised you don't because this forum seems to think countries with 20 millions ? should host OG from now which is pretty sad!

You as Canadian should rather want Sweden host WOG than Germany.... but no I'm not surprised you don't because this forum seems to think countries with 20 millions ? should host OG from now which is pretty sad!

I would love to see Sweden host and they deserve to. But the bid they are proposing wont hold up against a stronger Munich bid.

I would love to see Sweden host and they deserve to. But the bid they are proposing wont hold up against a stronger Munich bid.

So Bejing, China with Equestrian events 2000km away and sailing events 670km away is acceptable but Stockholm, Sweden with Åre 650 km is a bad bid?? Looool, this proof what I mean. The only reason to why Sweden isn't popular in here is that this forum just want the big countries to host and are very threatened by a Sweden bid. Ha ha!

I would actually have loved Sweden to host the Winter Olympics

and then came along Pillan

Because of her ridiculous attitude I personally hope Sweden NEVER hold a Winter Olympics

The pathetic attempt to make comparisons between Summer and Winter Olympic games when the biding process and selection is clearly stated as different is beyond ridiculous .... it is stupid.

Please Pillan, given an example of a previous WINTER OLYMPIC games when there has been such a massive ridiculous anti-spectator difference between the main venues?????????

So Bejing, China with Equestrian events 2000km away and sailing events 670km away is acceptable but Stockholm, Sweden with Åre 650 km is a bad bid?? Looool, this proof what I mean. The only reason to why Sweden isn't popular in here is that this forum just want the big countries to host and are very threatened by a Sweden bid. Ha ha!

Pillan, Stockholm aldreay (God, I can't type this AM) holds the record of hosting the FARTHEST part of an Olympics from the main one. Remember Stockholm 1956--when Sweden hosted ONE sport?? :lol: Why, that was only 9696 miles / 15604.2 km / 8425.59 nautical miles from the main action??

Of course that was more Australia's fault rather than Sweden's. But why do you compare the distant events of 2008 -- NOTE, held in the SAME COUNTRY, to this ridiculous notion Sweden is cooking up for 2022?? I mean do you really want to dethrone the 1956 record?

But why am I even bothering to counter her? It just flies over like a lead balloon. :rolleyes:

With friends like Pillan, Sweden doesn't need enemies.

I'd love to see Games in Sweden, but they need a viable plan.

Agreed

O.K., I made a mistake in Dallas for Houston, but again the point remains. You can't say as a fact for only ONE CITY. I was in many cities in both sides of the Atlantic Pillar, and let me say this: Montreal, Chicago and Toronto can compete in infrastructure for cities in Sweden. Yes, I was in both sides of the countries.

Second, I never said Sweden didn't deserve an Olympic Games, but sorry, If this is a plan, Sweden will lose easily.

Also - You can't compare ONE EVENT made in Hong Kong -Equestrian- by Beijing 2008, with the pathetic proposition of Sweden. You speak travel 600 km. in many days by the competition. The judges must be on the transport by 3 AM!!.

Again, Pillar, if you are the voice of Sweden in this, I really hope Germany wins, because you're a sore loser and a troll

Again Apples and Oranges. Equestrian is ONLY ONE SPORT, with clear judges and spectators. In the case of a Stockholm bid, you need to travel more than a few times between events in 680 kms. So, the judges of sky jumping must be on train by 3 AM and then return to 5 PM because the competitions in Stockholm will start. Sorry, Pillar, but this is a pathetic excuse.

And because your bad attitude against the small countries I hope Germany never will get any OG again!

And stop saying you loved a Swedish OG because you clearly have an agenda against Sweden.

Oh Please, so now, if you said the plan is flawed your Anti-Swede,,, Let me say, you made this, to hate a wonderful country like Sweden, for your terrible attitude

Agreed

O.K., I made a mistake in Dallas for Houston, but again the point remains. You can't say as a fact for only ONE CITY. I was in many cities in both sides of the Atlantic Pillar, and let me say this: Montreal, Chicago and Toronto can compete in infrastructure for cities in Sweden. Yes, I was in both sides of the countries.

Second, I never said Sweden didn't deserve an Olympic Games, but sorry, If this is a plan, Sweden will lose easily.

Also - You can't compare ONE EVENT made in Hong Kong -Equestrian- by Beijing 2008, with the pathetic proposition of Sweden. You speak travel 600 km. in many days by the competition. The judges must be on the transport by 3 AM!!.

Again, Pillar, if you are the voice of Sweden in this, I really hope Germany wins, because you're a sore loser and a troll

Again Apples and Oranges. Equestrian is ONLY ONE SPORT, with clear judges and spectators. In the case of a Stockholm bid, you need to travel more than a few times between events in 680 kms. So, the judges of sky jumping must be on train by 3 AM and then return to 5 PM because the competitions in Stockholm will start. Sorry, Pillar, but this is a pathetic excuse.

One sport? What about sailing? It was held 670km away from Beijing. You need to read the posts more carefully. Both equestrian and sailing were held more than 670km away from Beijing. Which judges need to travel? First of they who needs to be in Åre stay in Åre. Why travel back to Stockholm? Their event is in Åre. Ski jumping would be held in Stockholm not Åre.

Oh Please, so now, if you said the plan is flawed your Anti-Swede,,, Let me say, you made this, to hate a wonderful country like Sweden, for your terrible attitude

And you made me hate Germany. What's different?

Equestrian and sailing are different than most Olympic sports. They are not the crown jewel events of the games, and they garner a very specific following. Hardcore equestrian and sailing fans are very different from casual Olympic fans in most countries. However, alpine skiing is one of the premier events for the casual and hardcore Olympic spectator, and therefore these kind of events cannot be held so far away from the main sports action.

Equestrian and sailing are different than most Olympic sports. They are not the crown jewel events of the games, and they garner a very specific following. Hardcore equestrian and sailing fans are very different from casual Olympic fans in most countries. However, alpine skiing is one of the premier events for the casual and hardcore Olympic spectator, and therefore these kind of events cannot be held so far away from the main sports action.

Well they who really want to see them can do that. It's just go to Åre. I don't see any difference. Every sport events have their own spectators... There are som much other things to watch in STHLM instead. Among them icehockey which will be probably the main sport event for spectators in Sweden. I don't see alpine skiing as crown jewel either.

Well they who really want to see them can do that. It's just go to Åre. I don't see any difference. Every sport events have their own spectators... There are som much other things to watch in STHLM instead. Among them icehockey which will be probably the main sport event for spectators in Sweden. I don't see alpine skiing as crown jewel either.

The entire games wouldn't just be spectators from Sweden, so it would still be a crown jewel event. So do you not understand how frustrating it would be to have to get up at 2:00am to make a 10:00am downhill ski race? That would be a day long excursion and would leave spectators exhausted. Most ticketing packages are bought in a few day long bundle, so spectators have very precious time that would be wasted upon long train/bus rides. They would not be able to go to as many other events and take part in the true Olympic experience outside of the venues.

• Like 2

And you made me hate Germany. What's different?

At least Germany has the odds in favor of the competition and with an excellent bid. But you are here whining with excuses. Even with this plan, it would mean an WOG in Ukraine before Sweden :rolleyes: Hey, actually i'm rooting Ukraine, because it hasn't an OG and has mountains!!! :D

The entire games wouldn't just be spectators from Sweden, so it would still be a crown jewel event. So do you not understand how frustrating it would be to have to get up at 2:00am to make a 10:00am downhill ski race? That would be a day long excursion and would leave spectators exhausted. Most ticketing packages are bought in a few day long bundle, so spectators have very precious time that would be wasted upon long train/bus rides. They would not be able to go to as many other events and take part in the true Olympic experience outside of the venues.

Again, she's in her vendetta of the World vs. Sweden. Poor Sweden, relegated for all of the ugly powerful countries, even when this bid in Stockholm is seriously terrible and almost sure to lose. I would love to see her face when anyone else win in 2015

I don't see alpine skiing as crown jewel either.

Your opinion is irrelevant. The FIS who are one of the key drivers behind the IOC Winter Games says it is.

Take Quebec City who has a bid which is excellent and compact. Their main mountain is not quite big enough, and the mountain which is, is not difficult enough for the mens' race.

The outcome is ..... Quebec City's bid gets rejected

Which clearly shows the importance of this race to the entire games

• Like 1