Stockholm/Are 2022?

Well, there's also the need to artificially increase a hill near Stockholm for the slalom - also not really tested before, and perhaps even more questionable ecologically. And why have those extra costs if Åre has everything at hand and needs to be used for the other events anyway. Two more events there won't make a big difference at that stage anymore either.

Who knows, we might see something different in the final package. I don't think it's an issue in terms of the ecological impact, as I said before, we aren't talking about pristine mountainsides or national parks here.

Becuz as if it isn't hard enough transporting able-bodied people in the winter, what more the disabled athletes and ALL their special equipment?? How would that feel on a 7-hour trip vs. a 2-hour ride?? I am sure it would NOT be fun for the handicapped athletes who have to be in their wheelchairs and prostheses for long hours of time. Think about that...Stockholm-Are supporters.

1) Traveling in winter isn't hard. Someday you may grasp this this easy-to-grasp point.

2) You should think of parathletes as "Olympians" rather than as poor handicaped people who can't manage to get from point A to point B. Your post is extrondinarily insulting.

Well, there's also the need to artificially increase a hill near Stockholm for the slalom - also not really tested before, and perhaps even more questionable ecologically. And why have those extra costs if Åre has everything at hand and needs to be used for the other events anyway. Two more events there won't make a big difference at that stage anymore either.

image-252831-panoV9-shfc.jpg

Btw: Is this the hill Stockholm is planning to use in their bid for Alpine technical events, Halfpipe, Snowboard-cross, Ski-cross, Slopestyle, freestyle skiing (Moguls, Aerials)?

1412354.jpg

Edited by NorwayOlympics

Btw: Is this the hill Stockholm is planning to use in their bid for Alpine technical events, Halfpipe, Snowboard-cross, Ski-cross, Slopestyle, freestyle skiing (Moguls, Aerials)?

Where is THAT?? :blink: Is that in Holland??

Does anybody listen to a poster starting with a "Z"? In case s/he/it hasn't noticed -- I don't respond to him/her/it becuz I have that nut on IGNORE!! Maybe someday said thing will understand that concept.

Edited by baron-pierreIV

venues1_zpsb0defee7.jpg

A - SLALOM

B - SNOWBOARD GIANT SLALOM

C - SNOWBOARD CROSS

D - SKI CROSS

E - SLOPESTYLE

F - SNOWBOARD SLOPESTYLE

G - SKI JUMPING

H - ICE HOCKEY

I - SPRINT

J - CROSS COUNTRY

K - BIATHLON

L & M - SLIDING EVENTS

N - FREESTYLE

O - SNOWBOARD HALFPIPE

P - FREESTYLE ARIALS

Q - FREESTYLE HALFPIPE

R - SNOWBOARD PARALLELL SLALOM

S - CURLING

T - FIGURE SKATING

U - SPEED SKATING (OTHER OPTIONS AVAILABLE)

V - SHORT TRACK

venues2_zpsb9502874.jpg

X - GIANT SLALOM

Y - SUPER-G

Z - DOWNHILL

Å - COMBINED

Ä - POSSIBLE LOCATION FOR MEDIA CENTRE

Ö - POSSIBLE LOCATION FOR OLYMPIC VILLAGE

venues1_zpsb0defee7.jpg

Could you please present the venue plan through screenshots from Google maps and place pictograms (representing the venues) through powerpoint like the one i made for Oslo?:

qbsb.png

All you need

http://design123.kr/bs/files/attach/images/160986/611/024/vancouver-05.jpg

Edited by NorwayOlympics

NorwayOlympics, on 27 Nov 2013 - 4:28 PM, said:snapback.png

Where is THAT?? :blink: Is that in Holland??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Die_Berg_Komt_Er

http://www.diebergkomter.nl/ (official webite but only in Dutch)

I am assuming given the size of Friends Arena it will be partitioned into two halves (much like what Atlanta did with the Georgia Dome in 1996) and you have your two arenas for ice hockey. Somewhat surprised I don't see Hovet Arena listed. I would think you could use that for curling.

Possible venues and capacities

Globen 13,850

Hovet (Johanneshovs Ice Arena) 8,300

Annexet 3,500 (concert)

Friends Arena – divided in two each 20,000, full capacity 50,000

Tele 2 Arena 30,000

Five investments are necessary; a new track to bobsleigh, luge and skeleton, improve the vertical drop at Flottsbro, a new ski jump, speed skating venue and a cross country venue.

Not easy to follow all the discussion on here about Stockholm - it almost lookes like six Stockholm bids for 2022 - isn't it possible for them to offer some special transport services for the Olympics? My idea would be to check in and to then get into the train to the airport, fly to Östersund (it's about 1h 5min to fly), then get into a non-stop train to Are. So all that ticket buying and security controls and stops in between would no longer be an issue. Of course it would be hard to organize, but it might cut travel time between the two cluster to some reasonable two to three hours.

• 3 weeks later...

For starters, tele2 stadium is right near Downtown Stockholm. And second, for the Winter Olympics, you don't need as big of a stadium for the ceremonies.

Fisht Olympic Stadium is 47,000 seats - Friends Arena 50,000 not much difference plus Tele2 Arena has blind spots.

Also Friends Arena will be split in two for ice hockey so logistically it might be difficult to host ceremonies there and then change over for the start of the ice hockey competition.

Yeah that is true.