Sochi 2014 Unveils Olympic and Paralympic Medals That Include "Patchwork Quilt" Design

GBModerator

I like the 2014 Olympic medals, although not crazy about them. Not a fan of the Winter Olympics medals that replace the actual metal with a hole with something else.

I LOVE the 2014 Paralympic medals, much nicer than then Olympic counterparts. Very handsome, looks great with the cut out diamonds of the quilt.

Yeah, I'll give approval to those.

Not my favourite (Nagano still number 1 for me), and probably not in my top 3 even, but I don't think I can complain at that design.

The Winter medals I hated were Torino's.

Ok so they wanted for some reason to have a doughnut shaped design, fine, but they just got lazy and looped the lanyard through it. :/

These medals look quite nice, modern, future looking and fits quite well with their theme of using diamond shapes.

I don't tend to go into raptures about medal designs, but these are nice. Actually, I'm really liking all aspects of the "look" we've seen. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but it's one of my all-time faves. Even the logo/wordmark, which I was a bit bemused by at fast, seems to fit in well with the quilt look - it probably needed to be plain and simple to stand out against the quilt.

I don't tend to go into raptures about medal designs, but these are nice. Actually, I'm really liking all aspects of the "look" we've seen. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but it's one of my all-time faves. Even the logo/wordmark, which I was a bit bemused by at fast, seems to fit in well with the quilt look - it probably needed to be plain and simple to stand out against the quilt.

I agree with all of this.

Everything has come together quite nicely so far.

Archived