Madrid 2020 Will Set Model for Future Bids: Samaranch

I do not understand why almost all the subscribers are not fair with Madrid. I have not seen any comment either on the very unstable -even critical- situation in Turkey (both inside and from Syria) or on the fact that Japan has organised 3 Olympic Games (last ones Nagano 1998, and Tokyo already organised them in 1964). Do not forget as well that the Spanish economy is starting its reactivation with 7 years ahead till 2020, that a very strict Anti-doping Law will be approved this month by the Spanish Parliament, and focused on Madrid that this city has been twice 2nd in Games votings (1972 and 2016) and once third (2012). If everybody agrees that this time it is presenting its best project and it was assessed as top one in the cut I think it should be chosen by IOC.

I agree with the Istanbul situation which in my eyes does not portray a safe country and city. However, Tokyo is more then capable for the games and if their "biggest problem" is that they hosted the games 22 years before Tokyo 2020 that's pretty minor. I mean riots in Istanbul or a country with huge unemployment and uncertainty about the economic future? Yeah Tokyo it is for me.

the fact that Japan has organised 3 Olympic Games (last ones Nagano 1998, and Tokyo already organised them in 1964).

If Japan has 3 Olympic Games, so Spain has another Games (In 1992, only six years of difference than Nagano). So, with that logic, Madrid should be out of the competition, because their Olympic Games are too recent.

I do not understand why almost all the subscribers are not fair with Madrid. I have not seen any comment either on the very unstable -even critical- situation in Turkey (both inside and from Syria). Do not forget as well that the Spanish economy is starting its reactivation with 7 years ahead till 2020, that a very strict Anti-doping Law will be approved this month by the Spanish Parliament, and focused on Madrid that this city has been twice 2nd in Games votings (1972 and 2016) and once third (2012). If everybody agrees that this time it is presenting its best project and it was assessed as top one in the cut I think it should be chosen by IOC.

Also, like FYI said before, most of Madrid supporters tend to forget their critical situation:

-Recent riots in Madrid and Barcelona for the political situation

-A lame excuse of "we need the Games for our economy"

-A dire scandal related to the doping case

-The diplomatic situation isn't any better for Spain with recent conflicts with other countries like Latin America

And finally: Madrid that this city has been twice 2nd in Games votings (1972 and 2016) and once third (2012)

So again Paris was second in 1992 and 2012 and third in 2000. And the last SOG in France were in 1924, with your logic, France deserves more the Games

Or Detroit was second in 1964 and 1968 and third in 1960

And this second place in 2016 isn't exactly for proud to Madrid. At the end Rio won with an average of 3 votes against 1 vote for Madrid, and the spanish block only won 4 more votes at the three rounds. It was more like Rio vs. another contender.

• Like 1