Sign in to follow this  
Olympian2004

Terrorists kill soldier with machete near London's Olympic shooting venue

The fact that oakydokey has -56 likes on his posts on this forum really says it all.

Thank you for taking the time out of your life to count my posts. That shows that you're not in any way shape or form OBSESSED with me. What does that say about you?

Actually, the fact I've posted in this topic (as have other people and I didn't actually start this thread) really means that I'm interested in this topic. Would you prefer I discussed more pressing matters such as Kim Kardashian's pregnancy instead of the latest inhumane jihad attack which affects all our lives?

If I'm being replied to I tend to reply back unless the post is extremely silly (as many of yours have been).

Could you point me to the Gamesbids rules on the acceptable number of replies in a given thread concerning a topic such as this?

:( Oakydoky, We are just over a year away from the Commonwealth Games,

...good debating but the negative connotations of this subject really doesn't do your substantial Signature advert any justice.

Excuse me?

What does the commonwealth games have to do with a jihadist murder and moreover, why shouldn't I talk about it? Are you trying to imply that by questioning Islam I'm somehow the bad guy? Is that what you're saying? Or is it that the notion of a commonwealth is predicated upon placating jihadists so I better pretend Islam is guilt free?

I find that post really strange mate. You might mean something nice by it but the notion I can't talk about jihadist murder in London (which the whole world is talking about) because my country is hosting the commonwealth games is absurd.

• Like 1

Thank you for taking the time out of your life to count my posts. That shows that you're not in any way shape or form OBSESSED with me. What does that say about you?

Don't flatter yourself, he hasn't "counted" anything. Click on anyone's profile and its shows how many likes and dislikes their posts have got during their time on the forum. It takes two seconds. Yours is in a big red box with minus 56 inside it, which is some going given that the mod removed the dislike option a year ago.

Whether your point of view on a subject has merit or not, you always rub people up the wrong way and turn this forum into a pretty horrible place to be. Don't bother to argue with me on this because it's demonstrably true and happens in pretty much every thread you involve yourself in. Even a thread as benign as the 2018 logo thread took an insidious turn once you turned up.

I'll await the hordes of other forum members telling me I've got you all wrong...

tumbleweed.gif

• Like 3

Don't flatter yourself, he hasn't "counted" anything. Click on anyone's profile and its shows how many likes and dislikes their posts have got during their time on the forum. It takes two seconds. Yours is in a big red box with minus 56 inside it, which is some going given that the mod removed the dislike option a year ago.

Whether your point of view on a subject has merit or not, you always rub people up the wrong way and turn this forum into a pretty horrible place to be. Don't bother to argue with me on this because it's demonstrably true and happens in pretty much every thread you involve yourself in. Even a thread as benign as the 2018 logo thread took an insidious turn once you turned up.

I'll await the hordes of other forum members telling me I've got you all wrong...

tumbleweed.gif

"Whether your point of view on a subject has merit or not, you always rub people up the wrong way" > translates as your points maybe right but that's irrelevant because I've got a beef with you stemming from when you first joined this forum so I'm going to not engage in sensible, reasoned debate but rather attack you.

"Don't bother to argue with me on this because it's demonstrably true and happens in pretty much every thread you involve yourself in." > translates as I think I'm better than you by so much so that I can arrogantly demand that you do not reply back to my antagonistic comments. In order to bolster this claim, I'll mention generalized views of your supposed behavior whilst conveniently forgetting the nuance of those debates.

"I'll await the hordes of other forum members telling me I've got you all wrong... " translates as popular opinion makes something a fact. If the majority of other forum members share my views (even though they're wrong) that makes what I'm saying right.

Did you have an actual point related to the thread Rob? Or is this just a personal vendetta against me? Is it upsetting you that I care about the woolwich atrocity? Does it upset you that I'm asking questions?

Saint Rob, can I ask questions -- is that all right with you?

• Like 1

"Whether your point of view on a subject has merit or not, you always rub people up the wrong way" > translates as your points maybe right but that's irrelevant because I've got a beef with you stemming from when you first joined this forum so I'm going to not engage in sensible, reasoned debate but rather attack you.

"Don't bother to argue with me on this because it's demonstrably true and happens in pretty much every thread you involve yourself in." > translates as I think I'm better than you by so much so that I can arrogantly demand that you do not reply back to my antagonistic comments. In order to bolster this claim, I'll mention generalized views of your supposed behavior whilst conveniently forgetting the nuance of those debates.

"I'll await the hordes of other forum members telling me I've got you all wrong... " translates as popular opinion makes something a fact. If the majority of other forum members share my views (even though they're wrong) that makes what I'm saying right.

Did you have an actual point related to the thread Rob? Or is this just a personal vendetta against me? Is it upsetting you that I care about the woolwich atrocity? Does it upset you that I'm asking questions?

Saint Rob, can I ask questions -- is that all right with you?

Hey OakyDoky, relax.

I already said I'm not going to argue with you, and I'm not. I haven't engaged with any of your posts for well over a year because I don't like what you bring to this forum, and I'm not going to start engaging with them again now.

But, you're right, we've had arguments in the past. So, I'll simply await the opinions of other forum members to tell me I've got you all wrong.

I'll check back tomorrow. Who can say fairer than that?

Edited by RobH
  • Like 1

I already said I'm not going to argue with you, and I'm not. I haven't engaged with any of your posts for well over a year because I don't like what you bring to this forum, and I'm not going to start again now.

As I say, I await the hordes of other forum members to tell me I've got you wrong.

You do that Robh. Let it be shown though that you took it upon yourself to come into this thread, not make a post related to the topic but to single out me based upon your well established dislike of me. No examples given -- just arrogance that I better not answer back.

I never asked you to post to me. If you answered one of my posts I'd have responded respectfully. Whether or not everyone, 95%, 87.4% of people on this forum like me is irrelevant -- they could all be wrong, partially right etc. I am deeply concerned with the Woolwich atrocity. It is sickening. And I'm posting accordingly. Asking questions.

So with all due respect Rob, if that offends you, then tough.

Hey OakyDoky, relax.

I'm all for debate. I'll talk with anyone here. I've not always agreed with you but I'd never arrogantly demand you or anyone else not answer back like Robh just did to me. Never. Especially when he took it upon himself to chastise me based upon his prior beef with me. That's just childish.

• Like 1

I knew that that horrible event would create a controversial debate here - but frankly, as topic starter, I'm appalled by the personal flamewar that has been going over most of the 11 pages of this topic. That does Lee Rigby absolutely no justice, even if it's true that the issue of radical currents within Islam has to be adressed. But why the discussion has to be taken to such a personally degrading level, I don't understand - and I ask all sides involved to cool down.

A knife attack on a soldier in Paris was thankfully not lethal, the attacker escaped however.

Reuters

Oaky- I questioned your mental stability, as it explains an awful lot about the way you handle yourself in an online discussion. Your writing style alone is revealing of an extremely disturbed individual. I have no issues with mental illness, but a functioning person - no matter their political or social agenda - does not conduct themselves in such a way in a forum like this.

Your ability to devote so much time and energy into a debate like this, and yet completely disregard/ignoreE any counter argument, reveals a person completely unable to engage in any critical thought. Simply, your debate is so flawed and anti-intellectual - I can only assume you've got some personal issues with cause you to compulsively become engaged in this kind of dialogue. It is not the actions of a sane, rational human being. Enough said.

I knew that that horrible event would create a controversial debate here - but frankly, as topic starter, I'm appalled by the personal flamewar that has been going over most of the 11 pages of this topic. That does Lee Rigby absolutely no justice, even if it's true that the issue of radical currents within Islam has to be adressed. But why the discussion has to be taken to such a personally degrading level, I don't understand - and I ask all sides involved to cool down.

Bluntly - I find it a bit condescending to condemn the discussion that has occurred in this thread you started. What do you honestly expect when you start a thread about on such a traumatising and sensitive issue? Did you really expect that it would be the lighter fare?

Bluntly - I find it a bit condescending to condemn the discussion that has occurred in this thread you started. What do you honestly expect when you start a thread about on such a traumatising and sensitive issue? Did you really expect that it would be the lighter fare?

He certainly didn't expect 11 pages of personal attacks.

• Like 1

<_< Errgh...The first revenge attacks are now being reported...

This one was just daft:

Two Romanian men were arrested and charged with incitfull behavior when they attacked the local takeaway near the barracks where the attack took place.

The store owners said the two men were shout 'get out of our country'...Both men have only been in the country for two years. :wacko:

Not so much personal. VERY heated debating, almost and probibly drawn the attention of GB Moderators...But really its only three participants that have been flining scalding lava about on this topic...

He certainly didn't expect 11 pages of personal attacks.[/quote

What is a 'personal attack'? Given the context.

Trading barbs about each other's intelligence etc.