Eurovision Song Contest 2014

Although I still like the songs/performances of the ESC I have to kinda admit I feel the contest has become kinda politicized on the last years (like countries voting for their political friends and stuff). Plus, thanks to social media, now that everyone can watch/listen to the rehearsals even months before the contest, the winners have become somewhat easy to predict (almost everyone knew Denmark was going to win the previous ESC last May).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A draw has been completed that will put Sweden in the first semi final and Norway in the second semi final. This has been done to make a fairer distriution of tickets to the Nordic countries. A similar draw was made before Malmo 2013.

It is also looking like there will be 37 countries in Copenhagen 2014. The latest countries to withdraw are Bulgaria and Serbia. They follow Croatia, Cyprus and Turkey from withdrawing form the 2014 edition.

I say this every year ,
But I think the Uk should enter a song that sounds Scottish, bag pipes act
I think a Scottish themed UK entry would play well across Europe, and attract a lot of votes,

Especially with the Scotch referendum coming up, its even more important to show that the uk isn’t just England,

• 2 weeks later...

The German NF lineup (bar one)

Das Gezeichnete Ich

Madeline Juno

MarieMarie

Oceana

Santiano

The Baseballs

Unheilig

The other one will be picked from a battle of the bands type thing.

And the Estonian NF entries

Tanja - Amazing

Sofia Rubina - City Lights

Maltised - Elu

MiaMee - Fearful Heart

The Titles - Flame

Sandra Nurmsalu - Kui Tuuled Pöörduvad

August Hunt - Kus On EXIT?

Norman Salumäe - Search

Traffic - Für Elise

Brigita Murutar - Laule Täis Taevakaar

Lauri Pihlap - Lootus

VÖÖRAD - Maailm On Hull

Super Hot Cosmos Blues Band - Maybe-Maybe

Nion - Muud Pole Vaja

Wilhelm - Resignal

Nimmerschmidt - Sandra

Maiken - Siin Või Sealpool Maad

State of Zoe - Solina

Kõrsikud - Tule Ja Jää

Lenna - Supernoova

Kinda strange how we (UK) only just about manage a last minute internal selection when Estonia can do a 3 night, 20 song NF despite only being about the size of Birmingham by population.

I would think you're fairly safe with the hosting - might even have one doing it alone, Petra managed it in Malmö. Not quite sure about Poland winning, Germany seem like they don't want to wait 28 years again, Estonia would fit the sequence repeat from 2000, & you can never discount Azerbaijan or Ukraine. Who knows, maybe we can do it again, we could take it to Manchester or Bristol (:lol:) Maybe whoever does win will welcome the first ever Scottish entry (where you'll send CHVRCHES & sweep the board :P)

Parken Stadium would of been a great Venue as it has Retractable Roof. Also do any of you think that the Host should be chosen by bidding instead of previous Winner?

Parken Stadium would of been a great Venue as it has Retractable Roof. Also do any of you think that the Host should be chosen by bidding instead of previous Winner?

Parken hosted in 2001 and from a TV viewer experience it was horrible. Friends who attended inside told me the same from their perspective.

And NO. Previous winner hosting is one of THE trademarks of ESC.

Parken hosted in 2001 and from a TV viewer experience it was horrible. Friends who attended inside told me the same from their perspective.

And NO. Previous winner hosting is one of THE trademarks of ESC.

Ok fair opinion. I didn't watch the 2001 Eurovision Song Contest. I started getting interested in it in 2007. And I didn't say the winner shouldn't host I was asking peoples opinion I didn't give mine.

But I gave mine because you asked.

I know I never said you shouldn't I like to hear everyone's opinion. There was no dispute. I agree with you.

The logo is ok. I guess the whole hashtag theme has to do with the fact that social media has gained some spotlight on the last Eurovision editions (although I think it can also biase some opinions, but that's just my point of view).

Meanwhile the whole Eurovision Island plans are still a mystery for many. I wonder how are they're going to do it and when they will show us a sneak peak of how the actual stage will be (it will be in open air this time, right?)

Well they only announced who was going to design the stage about two months ago, so there's still time for him to design it. Although they mentioned something about keeping the industrial look of B&W Hallerne.

Last year (Malmö) they only showed us the stage in February, about 4 months to the night.

Either way, I'm super excited, I love Eurovision.

On an unrelated note, I've used up all my quota of positive votes. :( Oh well.

• 2 months later...

I've just heard all of the submitted songs. This will be one of the worst contests in like 20 years.

- I really like Norway and Isreal (both in the second, "Polish" semifinal), so I might vote for them,

- Italy, UK, Macedonia, and Slovenia are OK to me,

- huge disapointment from the rest of Nordic countries (Danemark ScoobyDoobyDoo, Sweden 1980's boring ballad, Finland high school guitar band,

I liked Iceland, but they changed lyrics to English),

- Hungary and Armenia still think that dupstep is a new thing,

- totally hate: Portugal, Greece, Romania, Belarus

Archived